YC Drink Package Changes?

marcoigna

22 minutes ago, sverigecruiser said:

But they still offer a much better value for money than other lines!

Yacht Club is still cheap compared to NCLs Haven and I will be happy even if I don't have any Champagne included in my cruisefare!

Now that's the POSITIVE attitude to have!!!  I love it and agree completely.  DW and I will be boarding the Divina next Tursday the 29th for a wonderful B2B in the YC.  We too will have a wonderful cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dgakers said:

Now that's the POSITIVE attitude to have!!!  I love it and agree completely.  DW and I will be boarding the Divina next Tursday the 29th for a wonderful B2B in the YC.  We too will have a wonderful cruise.

Have a great cruise!

We still have 80 days left until we board for 11 nights.

2 hours ago, sverigecruiser said:

I thought that we had the deluxe drinks package when we cruised on Meraviglia in July 2017 but maybe we had a special "YC package".

I have not found the information in our documents from that cruise or in any of the hard copy brochures I have.

The documents we have for our Divina cruise next year has this information:

"Unlimited beverage selection in MSC Yacht Club areas and in all bars and restaurants of the ship according to the drink selections available in the different venues."

No package is mentioned in the documents I have.

You would have had deluxe, as that is what we had in Sep/Oct this year. That is what we got in other bars, only excluding drinks annotated as ** on the bar menu. In YC there were a small number of drinks available that were designated as ** elsewhere on the ship....a couple of additional malt whiskys, brandys and tequilas for sure. My hunch is that is why they told you P+ is the most similar package to what's included, and is the package which will be provided when you are outwith the YC.

I don't believe it will be bad, as you suggest in a later post. Nor will they ditch NF Champagne, there is nothing for them to gain in doing so as it is relatively cheap....and if it is not available, tell the YC Head Butler (politely) that you expect them to serve it and they will ensure they get some bottles delivered to the top sail lounge! 

1 hour ago, hamrag said:

You would have had deluxe, as that is what we had in Sep/Oct this year. That is what we got in other bars, only excluding drinks annotated as ** on the bar menu. In YC there were a small number of drinks available that were designated as ** elsewhere on the ship....a couple of additional malt whiskys, brandys and tequilas for sure. My hunch is that is why they told you P+ is the most similar package to what's included, and is the package which will be provided when you are outwith the YC.

I don't believe it will be bad, as you suggest in a later post. Nor will they ditch NF Champagne, there is nothing for them to gain in doing so as it is relatively cheap....and if it is not available, tell the YC Head Butler (politely) that you expect them to serve it and they will ensure they get some bottles delivered to the top sail lounge! 

I don't mean that it will bad. What I mean is that I think it's a bad thing that MSC don't want to say that what we get is the Premium Plus package. I should prefer Premium Plus instead of "YC concept package".

1 hour ago, hamrag said:

In YC there were a small number of drinks available that were designated as ** elsewhere on the ship....a couple of additional malt whiskys, brandys and tequilas for sure. 

So you didn't had the deluxe package since some extra drinks were available for people in the YC.

I really hope that you are right and Premium Plus is what we get even if MSC said that it isn't.

13 hours ago, Scot born said:

Hi All I booked back in March for MSC Seaside for May 2019 and I am now a bit worried that my YC experience will not be honoured, therefore I have sent an email to the UK website as it seems that it depends on what country you live in is to what answer you can get back here is what I have said.

Hi 
I have been reading that there is now changes to what I can expect to my YC experience. When I booked my cruise gelato, crepes, milkshakes and zip line were included, my husband does not drink alcohol at all and I was very please that he would be able to enjoy all the other benefits of the drinks package at no charge. I am concerned that this might be an additional charge. Can you please confirm if all of the above will still be included as of the time I booked. 
Thank You Christine 

Automated email has said that they will reply within 48 hours so I will keep you posted, and if it is good news then I can take print out of the email with me. Fingers crossed.🤞🤞🤞🙏

I must admit that MSC are quick with their reply and here is it 

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your email.

Please be assured that the items included in the Yacht Club experience at the moment of the booking will be honored, since the changes are only for the cruises booked after the 11th of November.

Should we be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. 

Kind regards
Stefania Esposito
Booking Management

MSC Cruises Ltd
5 Roundwood Avenue
Stockley Park – Uxbridge - UB11 1AF
Phone Travel agents (UK): 0203 426 3000  
Phone Direct (UK & IRL): 020 3426 3010

Hamrag  you were right nay need to fret now I have email to confirm.

2 hours ago, sverigecruiser said:

So you didn't had the deluxe package since some extra drinks were available for people in the YC.

I really hope that you are right and Premium Plus is what we get even if MSC said that it isn't.

We had, without doubt, the deluxe package in other areas of the ship....outwith the YC area. Within the YC iit was deluxe + the extra drinks I mentioned.

7 hours ago, Scot born said:

Good afternoon,

Please be assured that the items included in the Yacht Club experience at the moment of the booking will be honored, since the changes are only for the cruises booked after the 11th of November.

Kind regards
Stefania Esposito
Booking Management

MSC Cruises Ltd
5 Roundwood Avenue
Stockley Park – Uxbridge - UB11 1AF
Phone Travel agents (UK): 0203 426 3000  
Phone Direct (UK & IRL): 020 3426 3010

If people booking after November 11 will get the Premium Plus package and people booking before get the Deluxe package they will need to see the cards in the Top Sail Lounge. At least the first day.

How do I know what's included for me? Because deluxe package is not mentioned anywhere in my documents. Only that drinks are included and that really doesn't say much.

Edited by sverigecruiser

On 11/20/2018 at 4:51 PM, CruisingFox27 said:

We sail on Preziosa on Thursday, I'll be ordering a glass of Champagne, a milkshake and have some gelato (not all at the same time) just to see how it goes. The UK site definitely says the mini bar is included so I'm confident that it is, well, almost....

Glass of NF Champagne consumed without any issue in the TSL. We've not ventured to try gelato yet but the mini bar is still included. None of the bar menus have asterisks any more, they are all definitely new menus with different drinks, including the YC menu. I'll post pictures at some point, Hopefully. 

• Like 1

Thanks for your report from the MSC Preziosa regarding the drink menus and minibar. If you get a chance, can you confirm that they are charging extra for Angus Beef and lobsters in the YC restaurant as reported from the YC onboard the MSC Seaside? 

Thank you and have a great cruise in the lovely YC. 

On 11/22/2018 at 9:14 PM, Scot born said:

Good afternoon,

Kind regards
Stefania Esposito
Booking Management

Excellent, well done....and lang may yer lum reek!

7 hours ago, sidari said:

SC ... The old drink lists are on one of the Drink package posts and includes Deluxe. Notice it gives the YC package!

Sidari, you are a mine of information...thank you.

The drinks chart that you provided reminded me of drinks we obtained in YC at no additional cost, which I mentioned in an earlier post...that was for super premium cognac, whisky and tequila....the 'excluded from all packages' ones with (sold only in Yacht Club) against them were not charged to us, but freely provided without question in the Meraviglia YC Top Sail Lounge!

6 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Glass of NF Champagne consumed without any issue in the TSL. We've not ventured to try gelato yet but the mini bar is still included. None of the bar menus have asterisks any more, they are all definitely new menus with different drinks, including the YC menu. I'll post pictures at some point, Hopefully. 

That would be most helpful, we are booked February in Preziosa YC....much appreciated.

Boarded Seaside YC today.

Had a talk with the Director of YC.

Upcharge for food  in YC dinning room was only for the Thanksgiving cruise. No upcharge on this cruise.   Going forward who knows.

Old Deluxe package is honored including gelato and Venchi chocolate martinis. However have not tested that yet. Sorry didn’t ask about crepes.

Future bookings will be Premium with the mini bar included for YC only. No gelato for YC on future booking with Premium.

YC lost the zipline being included. It was never officially listed as being included but it was.

So going forward on future YC bookings it is a loss of gelato and zipline.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Todd320 said:

Old Deluxe package is honored including gelato and Venchi chocolate martinis. However have not tested that yet. Sorry didn’t ask about crepes.

Future bookings will be Premium with the mini bar included for YC only. No gelato for YC on future booking with Premium.

So if I understand this right:

Since we booked our cruise before the new packages, and most people on our cruise probably did since we are cruising in February, we will have the deluxe package with a higher limit. (And Champagne included.)

People booking later will only get the Premium package with a lower limit.

Right?

1 hour ago, Todd320 said:

Took for the team and had a Venchi chocolate martini, no charge.

Confirmed.

Now going to try chocolate martini no.2.  Yes, there are 2 chocolate martinis now.  Same price on menu: $10.95.

Haven't asked about milkshakes and ice cream yet.

On 11/24/2018 at 6:28 PM, sidari said:

How about Smoothies ?

Need to get my arse up to the smoothie bar on 19.  1 deck above and yet seems so far away... BTW, since Nov 24 we haven't been charged for any drinks and gelato cups.

BTW2, chocolate martini no.2 is way better than chocolate martini.  Make sure to try that.

• Like 1