YC Drink Package Changes?

marcoigna

14 hours ago, SirWolf said:

....I just try to understand the thoughts of MSC management... 

They themselves do not understand, so that is an interesting thought.....your post did make me smile, so thanks for that!

I was looking at booking YC on Divina and Seaview for August 2019 and my TA has said that the drinks package for YC will be Premium not Premium Plus. Below is what they said:

Non-Alcoholic package - Child

Book now unlimited consumption of non-alcoholic drinks, with no price limit! 
For children who are 3-17 years old and who are part of a group/family with an Easy, Premium, Premium Plus or Non-alcoholic package. 
Including:

·         Alcohol-free cocktails

·         Sodas

·         Energy drinks

·         Flavoured water

·         Fruit juices

·         Bottled and Premium mineral water (1L/50cl/75cl)

·         Classic hot drinks (espresso, cappuccino, caffe latte, hot tea)

·         Coffee and chocolate delights (hot and cold)

·         Soft ice cream

Can be consumed in all onboard bars as well as the self-service buffet and restaurants, excluding speciality restaurants. 
Let your kids enjoy all their favourite drinks with no price limit, whenever and wherever they want. 

TERMS & CONDITIONS: This package is for personal use only and valid for one booking at a time. The ID card issued with the package is non-transferrable. Abusing the terms of the package may result in the service being withdrawn and the remaining days not being refunded. The price of the package applies to each day of the cruise except for the day of disembarkation; the package cannot be purchased on a daily basis. Once activated on board, the package cannot be terminated and refunded. The following items are not included in the package: tobacco, souvenir glasses, ice cream menu, retail items, minibar and room service.

Adults in the Yacht Club now receive the Premium package detailed below. 

Premium Package - Adult

Book now unlimited consumption of all drinks priced up to $12
Including all Easy Package drinks plus:

·         Draught and bottled beers

·         Wider selection of wines by the glass (sparkling, white-red-rosè)

·         Wider selection of cocktails

·         All Aperitifs (bitters and liqueurs)

·         All Standard and Premium spirits

·         Fresh fruit & vegetables cocktails

·         Premium mineral water (75cl)

Can be consumed in all onboard bars as well as the self-service buffet and restaurants, including speciality restaurants. 
Refresh yourself whenever you want with a wide choice of drinks! 

TERMS & CONDITIONS: This package is for personal use only and valid for one booking at a time. The ID card issued with the package is non-transferrable. Abusing the terms of the package may result in the service being withdrawn and the remaining days not being refunded. The price of the package applies to each day of the cruise except for the day of disembarkation; the package cannot be purchased on a daily basis. Once activated on board, the package cannot be terminated and refunded. The package must be booked by all guests occupying the same cabin, or travelling together and wishing to eat at the same table, including minors who must book the Child version of the package. The package is not obligatory for infants under 3 years old (i.e. who have not yet reached their 3rd birthday). The following items are not included in the package: tobacco, souvenir glasses, ice cream menu, retail items, minibar and room service.

6 minutes ago, Simon1902 said:

I was looking at booking YC on Divina and Seaview for August 2019 and my TA has said that the drinks package for YC will be Premium not Premium Plus. 

The information from your TA is different from MSC website (see thread page 1 answer #24 from rattla). Premium Plus (+) is included in Yacht Club.

26 minutes ago, Simon1902 said:

I was looking at booking YC on Divina and Seaview for August 2019 and my TA has said that the drinks package for YC will be Premium not Premium Plus. Below is what they said:

Non-Alcoholic package - Child

Book now unlimited consumption of non-alcoholic drinks, with no price limit! 
For children who are 3-17 years old and who are part of a group/family with an Easy, Premium, Premium Plus or Non-alcoholic package. 
Including:

·         Alcohol-free cocktails

·         Sodas

·         Energy drinks

·         Flavoured water

·         Fruit juices

·         Bottled and Premium mineral water (1L/50cl/75cl)

·         Classic hot drinks (espresso, cappuccino, caffe latte, hot tea)

·         Coffee and chocolate delights (hot and cold)

·         Soft ice cream

Can be consumed in all onboard bars as well as the self-service buffet and restaurants, excluding speciality restaurants. 
Let your kids enjoy all their favourite drinks with no price limit, whenever and wherever they want. 

TERMS & CONDITIONS: This package is for personal use only and valid for one booking at a time. The ID card issued with the package is non-transferrable. Abusing the terms of the package may result in the service being withdrawn and the remaining days not being refunded. The price of the package applies to each day of the cruise except for the day of disembarkation; the package cannot be purchased on a daily basis. Once activated on board, the package cannot be terminated and refunded. The following items are not included in the package: tobacco, souvenir glasses, ice cream menu, retail items, minibar and room service.

Adults in the Yacht Club now receive the Premium package detailed below. 

Premium Package - Adult

Book now unlimited consumption of all drinks priced up to $12
Including all Easy Package drinks plus:

·         Draught and bottled beers

·         Wider selection of wines by the glass (sparkling, white-red-rosè)

·         Wider selection of cocktails

·         All Aperitifs (bitters and liqueurs)

·         All Standard and Premium spirits

·         Fresh fruit & vegetables cocktails

·         Premium mineral water (75cl)

Can be consumed in all onboard bars as well as the self-service buffet and restaurants, including speciality restaurants. 
Refresh yourself whenever you want with a wide choice of drinks! 

TERMS & CONDITIONS: This package is for personal use only and valid for one booking at a time. The ID card issued with the package is non-transferrable. Abusing the terms of the package may result in the service being withdrawn and the remaining days not being refunded. The price of the package applies to each day of the cruise except for the day of disembarkation; the package cannot be purchased on a daily basis. Once activated on board, the package cannot be terminated and refunded. The package must be booked by all guests occupying the same cabin, or travelling together and wishing to eat at the same table, including minors who must book the Child version of the package. The package is not obligatory for infants under 3 years old (i.e. who have not yet reached their 3rd birthday). The following items are not included in the package: tobacco, souvenir glasses, ice cream menu, retail items, minibar and room service.

So minibar and room service is no longer included for the YC!

I will demand to get what was included when I booked the cruise! (Unless they give us the Premium Plus package which include more!) 

7 minutes ago, sverigecruiser said:

So minibar and room service is no longer included for the YC!

I will demand to get what was included when I booked the cruise! (Unless they give us the Premium Plus package which include more!) 

I am much more inclined to believe what is shown in post #24 as being the up-to-date position. For me, the TA post #53 is because they are showing outdated information. YC will receive P+, with no limit on drink price and includes minibar. The one downside does appear to be for gelato lovers, inasmuch as gelato now needs to be paid for!

Edited by hamrag

Just off the Seaside,

I ordered a Chocolate Martini at the Venchi Chocolate bar and was charged.

The server was as surprised as I was and was insistent it was a mistake.

I spoke to the YC concierge and she said she was getting additional reports of charges, and so she had sent an email to HO.

They didn't get back to me directly, but I managed to get the charge reversed. The next day there was a sign saying additional charges at Venchi apply

So it seems the staff on the ship can't keep track of the changes.

As we were charged, I didn't chance my arm with Crepes, but I have second hand experience on the gelato still being included.

2 minutes ago, bumper31 said:

Just off the Seaside,

I ordered a Chocolate Martini at the Venchi Chocolate bar and was charged.

The server was as surprised as I was and was insistent it was a mistake.

I spoke to the YC concierge and she said she was getting additional reports of charges, and so she had sent an email to HO.

They didn't get back to me directly, but I managed to get the charge reversed. The next day there was a sign saying additional charges at Venchi apply

So it seems the staff on the ship can't keep track of the changes.

As we were charged, I didn't chance my arm with Crepes, but I have second hand experience on the gelato still being included.

Interesting the bar staff and concierge cannot even keep track of whats going on aboard their ship. I'll be traveling for our first MSC cruise on Seaside, in YC in Jan. I am utterly confused about what to expect to the point I will turn up and see for myself!

More importantly...how was your cruise? 🙂

A very interesting reply from MSC re YC !

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your email.

Please be informed that with the yacht club experience there isn't a specific package included but it's included a Premium Food & Beverage Experience, where the guests can enjoy complimentary drinks with premium brands included on all on board bars and restaurants according to the drinks selection available in the different venue.

Should we be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. 

Kind regards
Booking Management

4 minutes ago, Debde said:

Trying to figure this out!!

I sail on Saturday. We are staying in YC.

Milkshakes a yes or a no?

Mini bar items??

worst case situation - you can post your findings when you are on board and put this thread to bed....

9 minutes ago, marcoigna said:

worst case situation - you can post your findings when you are on board and put this thread to bed....

LOL! To be honest, I think someone could post a MSC press release stating what now is/isn't  included in YC Drinks and this thing still wouldn't be put to bed

21 minutes ago, sidari said:

A very interesting reply from MSC re YC !

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your email.

Please be informed that with the yacht club experience there isn't a specific package included but it's included a Premium Food & Beverage Experience, where the guests can enjoy complimentary drinks with premium brands included on all on board bars and restaurants according to the drinks selection available in the different venue.

Should we be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. 

Kind regards
Booking Management

I think right there YC lost the Super Premium drinks, bye bye Johnnnie & Remy, unless you buy Premium+.

1 hour ago, hamrag said:

I am much more inclined to believe what is shown in post #24 as being the up-to-date position. For me, the TA post #53 is because they are showing outdated information. YC will receive P+, with no limit on drink price and includes minibar. The one downside does appear to be for gelato lovers, inasmuch as gelato now needs to be paid for!

I agree with you.

The problem is that people get/find different answers to the question about what's included.

I'm interested to hear what MSC in Sweden tell me!

56 minutes ago, Debde said:

Trying to figure this out!!

I sail on Saturday. We are staying in YC.

Milkshakes a yes or a no?

Mini bar items??

We sail Saturday too and I’m not sure what will happen either. We have the deluxe. I want the mini bar and was promised I would still get it.