YC Drink Package Changes?

marcoigna

Late to the party but we are sailing this Saturday (11/24).  Here's what I think YC would work:

a.  Drinks by the glass as outlined in Premium Plus package

b.  Bottle discount of 30% will not apply

My guesses are based on the previous screenshot that showed Premium Plus and the current website that showed Unlimited Drinks.  If YC includes Premium Plus, that means MSC needs to honor the inclusions (30% bottle discount) as well as the exclusions (no ice cream menu).  By rewording the YC inclusion to "Unlimited Drinks", MSC can remove the bottle discount with or without adding back the ice cream menu.

Of course it's all conjectures.  I will find out this Saturday.

3 hours ago, Selion said:

Late to the party but we are sailing this Saturday (11/24).  Here's what I think YC would work:

a.  Drinks by the glass as outlined in Premium Plus package

b.  Bottle discount of 30% will not apply

My guesses are based on the previous screenshot that showed Premium Plus and the current website that showed Unlimited Drinks.  If YC includes Premium Plus, that means MSC needs to honor the inclusions (30% bottle discount) as well as the exclusions (no ice cream menu).  By rewording the YC inclusion to "Unlimited Drinks", MSC can remove the bottle discount with or without adding back the ice cream menu.

Of course it's all conjectures.  I will find out this Saturday.

I agree with this - it's likely that the bottle discount will cease to apply to YC.  But, I also don't really think MSC will add back the ice cream 😞  They've even taken Ziplining away from YC.

29 minutes ago, kodesthemoose said:

I agree with this - it's likely that the bottle discount will cease to apply to YC.  But, I also don't really think MSC will add back the ice cream 😞  They've even taken Ziplining away from YC.

I think that it's a bad decision for MSC to take away the bottle discount. Isn't it better for them that we buy bottles with a discount instead of drinking the included wine?

Edited by sverigecruiser

Minibars should still be included since it's still listed in the YC perks sheet.  I am more interested in whether if ice cream and milkshakes are included.  "Unlimited drinks" can be interpreted in unlimited ways...

Let's gang up on the concierge on Saturday until we get some answers!

I sent a direct message to MSC on Twitter:

Hi. I hear that the drink packages have changed, so now the Yacht Club has Premium Plus? I booked several months ago for YC on Seaside for March 2019. Can you confirm if the new package does or does not include Venchi for YC guests? I was personally there several times a day for our August trip and YC was complimentary for the entire Venchi menu including all hot and cold drinks and Gelato. Thanks.

Response: Hi. The Yacht Club options have not changed. Everything that was offered is still the same

1 hour ago, Selion said:

Minibars should still be included since it's still listed in the YC perks sheet.  I am more interested in whether if ice cream and milkshakes are included.  "Unlimited drinks" can be interpreted in unlimited ways...

Let's gang up on the concierge on Saturday until we get some answers!

LOL- see you Saturday. looking forward to meeting you!

Yes-I'm more all about the milkshakes for my husband.:classic_laugh:

I'm not on twitter so bwlewer thank you!!

So after telling me that Yacht Club would get the Pemium Plus in a previous post on the FB they just gave me this by Messenger:

Screenshot_20181121-145509_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20181121-145420_Messenger.jpg

Not particularly happy at this point.  I really hope Debde can shine a light on things Saturday.

Edited by CoffeeGoddess

2 hours ago, CoffeeGoddess said:

Not particularly happy at this point.  I really hope Debde can shine a light on things Saturday.

I usually unplug when on vacation. Heck-I don't even want to download the MSC app!! LOL :classic_cool: I will try and check in when in PR but if not-I promise-when I return!

Also- I forgot-I booked quite a while ago so zip lining, gelato, milkshakes and crepes should be included if they are saying it is according to when you booked!! Bottles of anything or real high end brands are not in our wheelhouse!! :classic_wink:

Edited by Debde
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Debde said:

I usually unplug when on vacation. Heck-I don't even want to download the MSC app!! LOL :classic_cool: I will try and check in when in PR but if not-I promise-when I return!

Also- I forgot-I booked quite a while ago so zip lining, gelato, milkshakes and crepes should be included if they are saying it is according to when you booked!! Bottles of anything or real high end brands are not in our wheelhouse!! :classic_wink:

I seriously am doubting it will be 😞  I booked months ago for Seaview next year in YC and I am really doubting that any of these things will be included.  I feel like what they have basically told people is, you get the drink package you booked, but no one gets gelato. 

1 hour ago, kodesthemoose said:

I seriously am doubting it will be 😞  I booked months ago for Seaview next year in YC and I am really doubting that any of these things will be included.  

When I booked Seaside and bought the Trio Dining package, Teppanyaki was included. It was changed and is no longer included but after getting the concierge to pull some strings, we got Teppanyaki. 

Zip-line, gelato, shakes, crepes, etc. were also all included in my last sailing. I have a long time until I am back on Seaside so I hope that those who sail from now until then put up such a good fight that everything that should be included stays included. 

Hi All I booked back in March for MSC Seaside for May 2019 and I am now a bit worried that my YC experience will not be honoured, therefore I have sent an email to the UK website as it seems that it depends on what country you live in is to what answer you can get back here is what I have said.

Hi 
I have been reading that there is now changes to what I can expect to my YC experience. When I booked my cruise gelato, crepes, milkshakes and zip line were included, my husband does not drink alcohol at all and I was very please that he would be able to enjoy all the other benefits of the drinks package at no charge. I am concerned that this might be an additional charge. Can you please confirm if all of the above will still be included as of the time I booked. 
Thank You Christine 

Automated email has said that they will reply within 48 hours so I will keep you posted, and if it is good news then I can take print out of the email with me. Fingers crossed.🤞🤞🤞🙏

2 hours ago, Scot born said:

Hi All I booked back in March for MSC Seaside for May 2019 and I am now a bit worried that my YC experience will not be honoured, therefore I have sent an email to the UK website as it seems that it depends on what country you live in is to what answer you can get back here is what I have said.

Hi 
I have been reading that there is now changes to what I can expect to my YC experience. When I booked my cruise gelato, crepes, milkshakes and zip line were included, my husband does not drink alcohol at all and I was very please that he would be able to enjoy all the other benefits of the drinks package at no charge. I am concerned that this might be an additional charge. Can you please confirm if all of the above will still be included as of the time I booked. 
Thank You Christine 

Automated email has said that they will reply within 48 hours so I will keep you posted, and if it is good news then I can take print out of the email with me. Fingers crossed.🤞🤞🤞🙏

Dinnae fret, they will honour it!

On 11/20/2018 at 2:10 PM, sverigecruiser said:

I have sent an e-mail to MSC in Sweden and asked which package is included for YC.

I report what they say when, or if, I get an answer!

MSC has answered my mail now.

The answer was that no package, old or new, is included in the YC because it's a completely different concept. Premium Plus is the most similar package to what's included, they said.

I don't really know what that means! What's included? No idea!

SC ... We are cruising at Xmas with people from the USA we cruised with last Xmas, they will once again be in the YC, last year they had the Deluxe drinks package which excluded the very high end drinks and was exactly the same as the Deluxe package we had in out Aurea Aft Suite! so it looks like the people who replied have no idea about what was.

The UK site for YC when you dummy book, a YC room, says All Inclusive. The current UK 2018/19 and 2019/20 hard copy brochures for YC just says Free drinks.

20 minutes ago, sidari said:

... so it looks like the people who replied have no idea about what was.

I think it is more of a case that MSC has been tweaking the YC product, at least that is my experience with Seaside and my three YC sailings on her.  I didn't experience the reported free zip line take away nor the crepe/gelato/Venchi issues, but I was told no 30% wine bottle discount and saw several people told no NF.  I have no reason to think people are making this stuff up. 

There is no question initially with the new drink plan roll out MSC offered Premium+ for YC, now it had changed.  Everyone here knows that means YC will have restrictions versus the generous no limit wording of Premium+, mainly due to the super high dollar offerings in the YC venue.  Until I know what YC is getting with new bookings, I'm staying with my old Deluxe plan.  In the end I don't expect much to change.

1 hour ago, sverigecruiser said:

MSC has answered my mail now.

The answer was that no package, old or new, is included in the YC because it's a completely different concept. Premium Plus is the most similar package to what's included, they said.

I don't really know what that means! What's included? No idea!

Thanks for posting.

This was my guess that it would be a hybrid. They didn't want to tie the YC to a drink package so it gives them more flexibility.

This could be a good or bad for us but I think it will be good.

1 hour ago, sidari said:

SC ... We are cruising at Xmas with people from the USA we cruised with last Xmas, they will once again be in the YC, last year they had the Deluxe drinks package which excluded the very high end drinks and was exactly the same as the Deluxe package we had in out Aurea Aft Suite! so it looks like the people who replied have no idea about what was.

The UK site for YC when you dummy book, a YC room, says All Inclusive. The current UK 2018/19 and 2019/20 hard copy brochures for YC just says Free drinks.

I thought that we had the deluxe drinks package when we cruised on Meraviglia in July 2017 but maybe we had a special "YC package".

I have not found the information in our documents from that cruise or in any of the hard copy brochures I have.

The documents we have for our Divina cruise next year has this information:

"Unlimited beverage selection in MSC Yacht Club areas and in all bars and restaurants of the ship according to the drink selections available in the different venues."

No package is mentioned in the documents I have.

6 minutes ago, Todd320 said:

Thanks for posting.

This was my guess that it would be a hybrid. They didn't want to tie the YC to a drink package so it gives them more flexibility.

This could be a good or bad for us but I think it will be good.

I hope that you are right but I think it's bad...

2 minutes ago, mizzoufinal4 said:

Let's be honest.... This whole "situation" is one big old cluster F*CK! MSC has really dropped the ball on this whole drink package thing and someone at corporate should be fired over this. That is all there is to it!

But they still offer a much better value for money than other lines!

Yacht Club is still cheap compared to NCLs Haven and I will be happy even if I don't have any Champagne included in my cruisefare!