Carnival announcement expected 13 Nov 2018 (per John Heald)

ProgRockCruiser

3 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

I live in a very small town. We don't even have Uber Eats, Door Dash, stuff like that. My area is very far behind times. Thankfully we have online grocery ordering. Aside from that, we're behind times here. 

To be more specific, I don't even have fiber optic Internet service nor cable Internet service in my area. It's tobacco farms in my area, that's pretty much it.

It's pretty good. I go between whataburger and chickfila for my chicken biscuits...but lean whataburger in part because I get a free chicken biscuit every 5 visits with their app. The honey butter is pretty good though.

Edited by Saint Greg

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

Space divided by people rarely has much significance in terms of enjoyment, but the proof is in the pudding.  <snip>  I will say I am disappointed in the occupancy number, but there are ways to manage that.  

I have seen comments where the new class of ships should be arranged in such a way to make them seem less crowded, even with that many more people.  I don't know that we will have a definitive answer on that until after she actually begins sailings.  "Too crowded" is a subjective opinion so we would need comments from multiple people that have experienced the Dream or Vista class ships to comment on any comparisons after they sail the XL class.

On 11/12/2018 at 1:21 PM, SNJCruisers said:

How people are dressed or under dressed in an establishment is part of the ambiance and is part of the entire dining experience.  This is part of what separates dining from eating.  Some do not know there is a difference.

HI Gregg! Just had to quote this because i LOVED it. Hope you are well!

On 11/12/2018 at 6:25 AM, sanmarcosman said:

John Heald has said several times in the past it is not operationally feasible for Carnival to designate one MDR elegant and one MDR non-elegant. In each instance he has said the buffet is for those who want a more causal experience on evenings designated as elegant.

9 hours ago, longhorn2004 said:

So is the livery a special one off or a new look for Carnival?

It has not been announced, AFAIK.  One would suppose all future ships will have this livery, or at least both LNG ships, but until something actually gets announced/built after those two, it will be pure speculation. Even if Carnival announced that this is the new livery for all future ships, they could easily reverse that well before the next new builds are announced.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

It has not been announced, AFAIK.  One would suppose all future ships will have this livery, or at least both LNG ships, but until something actually gets announced/built after those two, it will be pure speculation. Even if Carnival announced that this is the new livery for all future ships, they could easily reverse that well before the next new builds are announced.

I love it and I think this massive new vessel is beautiful. If only dates / ports / costs work out. . . .