Carnival announcement expected 13 Nov 2018 (per John Heald)

ProgRockCruiser

1 hour ago, jeff92k7 said:

I seriously doubt he is reading anything on this site, much less this thread. 

I wouldn't be so sure about that. I think he enjoys lurking here to see what's what and it gives him fodder to feed his adoring fans on his page. JH has proven many times he enjoys stirring the pot of intrigue. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, rainbowflag said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that. I think he enjoys lurking here to see what's what and it gives him fodder to feed his adoring fans on his page. JH has proven many times he enjoys stirring the pot of intrigue. 

True Dat !  Most enjoy stirring his pot too . It's an addiction I tell ya !  stir.gif

14 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

Okay, John Heald, so we seem to have a partial consensus that some people would like some way for the loyalty perks to have some value across Carnival Corporation brands. Nothing special. Maybe even just, "if you take one lousy cruise on Holland America/Costa/Any other of our lines, we will allow you to apply those days back toward your Carnival status, so you CCL, inside guarantee, 5-to-a-room low ballers can keep on mostly enjoying the incredible, consistent value of our Fun Ships, while occasionally venturing out to try something a bit different as you continue your long slow climb in VIFP levels."  We'd take that.  Well, I would. I realize some people do not want that.  So they are welcome to opt out.

Do you hear us John? Are you reading this John Heald?  Help a few people out here, John. Just those that want a little tiny incentive to go fancy pants now and then for a bucket list thing, you know????  John????????????

John isn't even in charge of towels and ice

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, jeff92k7 said:

If you follow John’s FB page at all, you’ll know he hates Cruise Critic with a passion. I seriously doubt he is reading anything on this site, much less this thread. 

14 hours ago, rainbowflag said:

Based on what I have read, CC started the "hate", John gets reminded of it regularly, and occasionally he throws it back.

But maybe I'm just fooled by his loquacious charm, and he's the one that started it on both sides, like Big Brother.  "We've always been at war with Eastasia..."

As far as the Perks and other cruiselines with the Carnival Corp family - that might entice me to try other lines, if my Carnival status (whenever I get something beyond Red) would mean something on that line, and the points from that sailing were to count towards my Carnival status.

And whether there are folks here that are D/P on Carnival and wouldn't consider sailing anywhere else, I bet there are folks "somewhere other than CC" that would indeed be happy to try out the other lines if their very-highly-ranked status counted.

There doesn't have to be a lot of them, just enough that it may cause some permanent "graduation of clients" from one line to another, which should (I am supposing) increase overall revenues.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wytygr8 said:

No, that’s worse food with no service. Being intentionally obtuse doesn’t help anything.

Lighten up Francis.  It's called humor, which is needed on these boards to counterbalance the posters who take their ramblings too seriously.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I find it amusing that so many appear to base their cruise vacation on the loyalty perks offered by the cruiseline.

I base my cruise on destination, ship and price.

What I get from the cruise line as a "perk" other than a fun vacation is never even entered into the mix in the decision process.

3 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

John isn't even in charge of towels and ice

Always with the compliments.... We can discuss his “decision power at another time”, but what he does offer is a voice for people here to be heard (whether you that or not, it is a fact), probably more so then any other person on other cruiselines.  He speaks highly of you, last week I brought your views on perks and he had nothing but kind words....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, rainbowflag said:

He seems to have captivated your attention.....

56 minutes ago, wytygr8 said:

No, that’s worse food with no service. 

Actually, I have had some pretty tasty food in the buffet, The dinner buffet on the Miracle earlier this year was really good and had some dishes that were better than ones I had in the MDR. And while the Lido staff doesn't bring your food to you, they still provide service. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robc1972 said:

I find it amusing that so many appear to base their cruise vacation on the loyalty perks offered by the cruiseline.

I base my cruise on destination, ship and price.

What I get from the cruise line as a "perk" other than a fun vacation is never even entered into the mix in the decision process.

Who has said that the only factor they use in picking a cruise is the loyalty perks they’ll receive? That implies that they close their eyes and point to a cruise on the computer screen and book it. I’d say most base their cruise on destinations, ship, duration, and price. But if there are several cruise lines with the same destinations, duration and price, I for one, will choose the cruise line where in addition to the cruise I like, I’ll get perks. It’s not really that far fetched. 

I don’t know why people care. If loyalty perks mean nothing to you, great! Why begrudge the people who enjoy a few goodies?

• Like 1

We had an article in our paper that Port Canaveral  is going to get one of   new the type of power ( natural gas?).

They are building a huge dock right now.

I WISH,WISH  the big news is that VIP status crosses all lines owned by Carnival. We are also Platinum on Princess ,  but won't live long enough to reach status on HAL.  & as we get older, we enjoy it more.  My daughter and her family, who often travel with us, likes HAL best.  Big pools and never crowded. Grandchild likes that. I still like Carnival the best. But we could take turns.

Edited by AmberTeka
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, AmberTeka said:

We had an article in our paper that Port Canaveral  is going to get one of   new the type of power ( natural gas?).

I WISH,WISH  the big news is that VIP status crosses all lines owned by Carnival. We are also Platinum on Princess ,  but won't live long enough to reach status on HAL.  & as we get older, we enjoy it more.  My daughter and her family, who often travel with us, likes HAL best.  Big pools and never crowded. Grandchild likes that. I still like Carnival the best. But we could take turns.

I don’t see any reason why you shouldn’t cruise on other lines if you enjoy them. We have sailed exclusively on Carnival the last several years because my wife and I both like Carnival.  The limited perks they offer to Platinums have no impact on why we continue to cruise with Carnival. 

56 minutes ago, AmberTeka said:

John has previously said that they will announce details about the new XL ship in Mid November (which would be this week), but we already know its home port will be Port Canaveral.  That announcement was made a while back.  What we don't know are the itineraries for the new ship, the date it will enter service, deck plans, the official name (though Carnival Reflection is most likely), and so on.

4 hours ago, wytygr8 said:

No, that’s worse food with no service. Being intentionally obtuse doesn’t help anything.

Glad you feel this way. One less person to fight for a table at Lido can only be a good thing for the rest of us.

For those who don't follow John Heald on Facebook, he just posted this about an hour ago....

"Tomorrow we will have a fun announcement to share with you. It will be the appetiser for the main course on Tuesday and a special desert to come in the days after that

Stay tuned

Cheers"

Sounds like there will be multiple announcements this week.

On 11/8/2018 at 6:56 AM, beachbum53 said:

Here's what I'm hoping for. The balcony doors will all be equipped with sensors that will record each time someone allows their balcony door to slam shut. The first time it happens, the occupant(s) will receive a letter asking that they kindly not allow this to happen. After the second offense, they will receive a letter stating that if this occurs one more time, the balcony door will be automatically locked, and that they will not have access to their balcony for the duration of the cruise, and that there will be NO compensation (financially or otherwise) for this. In addition, there will be a call button on the balcony to contact Security that someone has been locked out on their balcony. 

I just got back from a Glory cruise. I had an inside cabin but talked with a couple on about day 3 who was in a balcony. They hated it.  They said all they heard was doors slamming all night.  

1 hour ago, jeff92k7 said:

For those who don't follow John Heald on Facebook, he just posted this about an hour ago....

"Tomorrow we will have a fun announcement to share with you. It will be the appetiser for the main course on Tuesday and a special desert to come in the days after that

Stay tuned

Cheers"

Sounds like there will be multiple announcements this week.

I know!  John and the President of Carnival are coming to Las Vegas to promote the brand. The " special desert " John refers to must be the Mojave Desert! 

• Like 1