Carnival announcement expected 13 Nov 2018 (per John Heald)

ProgRockCruiser

3 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Without question, Dream class ships are Carnival’s best ships. Okay, that is my opinion, it’s not a fact 😊.

Did enjoy my Breeze cruise back in 2013, but since the Dream class ships do not have a Havana area, I will choose a Vista class ship at this point as my personal favorite.  No rugrats and no adult soup in the pool. Enjoyed our recent Horizon cruise and will enjoy our Southern Caribbean one in August as well.  It's the closest thing to a ship within a ship concept that Carnival has.  If there are those that prefer the Dream class, that's fine by me because then there could be less competition for the inside Havana cabins I crave.

9 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Patience is a virtue, I have my doubts that you were going to sail on a CArnival TA in any case....  But, you may have an opportunity to prove me wrong.

Why would it surprise you if I booked another Carnival Transatlantic? For the ideal itinerary and dates, which could have happened from today's announcement, I could have considered additional options. It wouldn't have been my first TA cruise on Carnival as I did the inaugural crossing on the Magic.

I think I have my Europe cruise for that year narrowed down to either the inaugural crossing on the Enchanted Princess or the Baltics from Amsterdam on RCI if they return for another year. As you said, patience is a virtue and I'm just waiting for the itineraries to be finalized. Too bad Carnival won't be considered this time...

The 13 day June 11, 2020 TA for the Victory/Radiance has much the same ports as the 3 previous ships. The Destiny/Sunshine went to Malaga, the Vista went to the Azores (Pontas Delgada) and the Horizon went to Malaga, Halifax. Still its a TA and those are always enjoyable. And yes of course I booked.

On 11/7/2018 at 3:21 PM, jeff92k7 said:

My guess (serious) is that is when they will finally announce the Carnival Reflection - the new XL ship coming in 2020 - as well as the dancing of the ships for 2020.  The news that he has wanted to share for a couple of years would fit with the announcement of the new XL ship.  Carnival Corp ordered those years ago.  The first one, the Aida Nova, has already been delivered (or is finishing up now), and there is one or two more already under construction for other Carnival brands.  The new Carnival brand XL ship is supposed to be the fourth one delivered.

I’m beginning to grow more curious about what Carnival plans to do in Port Canaveral. Elation has cruises open for booking through April 2021, but Radiance only has November and December 2020 dates out of Port Canaveral. Liberty is only available through April 2020. Breeze is only available through September 2020, which may mean Breeze will be repositioned when the new XL ship arrives in October.

It’s possible Liberty may get extended, but I’m thinking something’s happening in May 2020. I’m a tad surprised Elation still has the 4/5 day routes but that won’t appear to change before May 2021.

I’m wondering the same thing about Galveston.  Only 4 or 5 day cruises on the Dream are being listed at the moment.  Makes me wonder what will happen to the Vista and the Freedom.  Now I can see the Freedom leaving since it’s been in Galveston since 2016 but the Vista just got here earlier this year. 

I booked today the Europe Med. cruise from Barcelona  12 day May 30 and 13 day transatlantic from Barcelona to NY June 11, 2020 on Carnival Radiance (formerly Victory before refurbishment) 

There are 3 Med. cruises before the TA.

Got an email from Carnival yesterday and a call from my PVP

• Like 1

Just now, ProgRockCruiser said:

We should find out today about the XL ship, and maybe a few other tasty factoids.  Mr Heald's FB post stated something about a special ceremony in Finland regarding the "first look at what we have been calling 'XL'."  Around 9am EST, allegedly.

That's exactly what it is today.  He's already said as much in his live video today.   

He even called out someone from this thread during the live video and stated that he actually read this thread (at least to a point).  The comments were about the demand to remove formal nights from everyone because a few nasty cruise critic members want to impose their wishes on everyone else.

Here's a quick cut-and-paste of his FB posting that just appeared:

CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE MARKS START OF CONSTRUCTION OF ITS NEWEST AND LARGEST SHIP AS FIRST STEEL IS CUT

Line Also Unveils Ship’s Dramatic New Hull Design And Livery That Pays Homage to Company’s Legacy as America’s Cruise Line

MIAMI (Nov. 15, 2018) – Carnival Cruise Line reaffirmed its place as the leader of innovation in the U.S. cruise industry today as the first steel was cut for the line’s newest class of ship and the new livery was revealed for the 180,000-ton XL vessel that will be the first-ever ship operating in North America to use liquefied natural gas (LNG). 
The traditional steel-cutting ceremony held at the Meyer Turku shipyard in Turku, Finland, signified the official start of construction of the largest Carnival cruise ship ever constructed, to be delivered in 2020. A second XL ship will start construction in 2020 and be delivered in 2022 to mark the 50th anniversary of Carnival Cruise Line’s founding.
At the ceremony, the company also revealed a dramatic new red, white and blue hull design that celebrates its legacy as America’s Cruise Line and pays homage to maritime tradition. Developed by New York-based Bluarch Architecture, the design builds upon the company’s iconic color scheme that has made Carnival one of the most recognizable brands in travel and is highlighted by a stately navy blue hull inspired by officers’ uniforms along with vibrant red and white accents running the entire length of the 1,130-foot-long ship.
“This new ship promises to be truly special, from its groundbreaking technology and one-of-a-kind features to its distinctive livery and hull design that is both timeless and forward-thinking while paying tribute to our nearly 50-year history of making wonderful vacation memories for our guests,” said Christine Duffy, president of Carnival Cruise Line. 
Following the steel-cutting ceremony, construction began on the 5,200-plus lower berth ship which will offer a variety of never-before-seen innovations and will be the first North American-based cruise ship to be powered by LNG, part of Carnival Corporation’s “green cruising” design platform.
“The start of construction of this amazing ship is a historic day for our company as we are laying the foundation for an unparalleled seagoing vacation experience that will be like no other and take our cruise offerings to the next level,” Duffy said.
“We are extremely pleased to work together with Carnival on this large and highly innovative ship. With the first steel cutting, our efforts in designing the hull, features and interior of the ship start to take shape. We are also very proud to build the first-ever LNG powered cruise ship for North American market, making this state-of-the-art green technology a reality,” commented Jan Meyer, CEO of Meyer Turku. 
As previously announced, the as-yet-unnamed ship will operate from Port Canaveral, Fla., beginning in 2020. The ship’s name is scheduled to be revealed in early December. Details on the ship’s inaugural season are planned to be announced in January, with information on the vessel’s vast array of exciting culinary, beverage and entertainment options to be revealed later in 2019.

• Like 1

Annoyingly, no photos/images/renditions - the official press release hasn't hit the Carnival Corp website either, as far as I can tell.

EDIT: here is his new FB cover photo showing the ship and new livery.  That's a big ship!

46395643_2519117078130838_25050829042378

Edited by ProgRockCruiser
add an image
  • Like 1

So they didn't make the Legend announcement yet.  Wonder when it is coming.  I've found it on several European port calendars.

Reykjavik June 11

Le Havre June 18 & 29 (coming from Southampton, going to Hamburg)

Gibraltar July 4

Civitavecchia July 13, 19 August 3, 9, 24, 30 September 14, 20 October 5, 11, 26

6 minutes ago, trvlgirlmq said:

So they didn't make the Legend announcement yet.  Wonder when it is coming.  I've found it on several European port calendars.

Reykjavik June 11

Le Havre June 18 & 29 (coming from Southampton, going to Hamburg)

Gibraltar July 4

Civitavecchia July 13, 19 August 3, 9, 24, 30 September 14, 20 October 5, 11, 26

John Heald touched on that briefly at the end of his live video today (if you read between the lines, so to speak).  The announcement is coming soon and he is very excited about it.

Edited by jeff92k7
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

does not seem that big compare to the Vista/Horizon. The bump out with the windows on the lower decks in the middle of the lifeboats remind me of other ship design that have something similar 

From wikipedia:

AIDANova (same class as the new unnamed Carnival LNG XL ship):

Tonnage: 183.200 GT
Length: 337 meters
Beam: 42 meters
Capacity: 6,600 passengers

The "double occupancy capacity" for AIDANova is listed elsewhere at 5200.

Carnival Horizon:

Tonnage: 133,596 GT
Length: 1,055 ft (322 m)
Beam:

122 ft (37 m)

158 ft (48 m) at pool decks
Capacity: 3,960 passengers (double occupancy)

I have no idea, of course, what the new XL beam will be at the pool decks.

So the XL ship probably going to be around 10-20% bigger than the Horizon, physically, and 25-30% more passenger capacity-wise.

On 11/14/2018 at 12:45 AM, xDisconnections said:

Why would it surprise you if I booked another Carnival Transatlantic? For the ideal itinerary and dates, which could have happened from today's announcement, I could have considered additional options. It wouldn't have been my first TA cruise on Carnival as I did the inaugural crossing on the Magic.

I think I have my Europe cruise for that year narrowed down to either the inaugural crossing on the Enchanted Princess or the Baltics from Amsterdam on RCI if they return for another year. As you said, patience is a virtue and I'm just waiting for the itineraries to be finalized. Too bad Carnival won't be considered this time...

We are in it, booked as soon as it opened.  To bad, wanted to buy you a drink.....maybe next time.

3 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Annoyingly, no photos/images/renditions - the official press release hasn't hit the Carnival Corp website either, as far as I can tell.

EDIT: here is his new FB cover photo showing the ship and new livery.  That's a big ship!

46395643_2519117078130838_25050829042378

In terms of hull artwork, I prefer the Sea Witch 🙂

1 hour ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

From wikipedia:

AIDANova (same class as the new unnamed Carnival LNG XL ship):

Tonnage: 183.200 GT
Length: 337 meters
Beam: 42 meters
Capacity: 6,600 passengers

The "double occupancy capacity" for AIDANova is listed elsewhere at 5200.

Carnival Horizon:

Tonnage: 133,596 GT
Length: 1,055 ft (322 m)
Beam:

122 ft (37 m)

158 ft (48 m) at pool decks
Capacity: 3,960 passengers (double occupancy)

I have no idea, of course, what the new XL beam will be at the pool decks.

So the XL ship probably going to be around 10-20% bigger than the Horizon, physically, and 25-30% more passenger capacity-wise.

Way to little information to draw any conclusions at all (although the bashers will not think so).  Space divided by people rarely has much significance in terms of enjoyment, but the proof is in the pudding.  In the next 60 days there should be a heck of a lot more info, including some key items you point out.  I will say I am disappointed in the occupancy number, but there are ways to manage that.  We will see what unfolds before making our decisions.  

On 11/12/2018 at 11:38 AM, teknoge3k said:

Bojangles does have a good chicken biscuit. I love the chicken biscuit from CFA though. When I order my groceries each week, I go to pick them up after I drop my son off at school. I usually get near the store a little earlier than my scheduled pick up time so I head to CFA first for breakfast. 

Man, now I'm hungry.

How about a whataburger honey butter chicken biscuit?

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

How about a whataburger honey butter chicken biscuit?

I live in a very small town. We don't even have Uber Eats, Door Dash, stuff like that. My area is very far behind times. Thankfully we have online grocery ordering. Aside from that, we're behind times here. 

To be more specific, I don't even have fiber optic Internet service nor cable Internet service in my area. It's tobacco farms in my area, that's pretty much it.

• Like 1