Carnival announcement expected 13 Nov 2018 (per John Heald)

ProgRockCruiser

28 minutes ago, robc1972 said:

If the perks were worth it then I could understand.

Airlines you can get free upgrades and free trips if you fly enough, not on a cruise line.

I can get on earlier, be on your game and get an early check in time and its a non issue, never had a checkin time past 11:30.

I get a free drink, big deal save a couple dollars.

I get special line at front desk. Not an issue, I have actually never been to the front desk and there are plenty of times there is no line.

And I can get a bag of cloths washed in super high temp industrial washer, for free. I always just do it when I get home.

I agree that the perks aren’t worth it for me, but that’s still the point of the program, so clearly it’s worth it for others.

34 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Well, one could argue the "Guy's Burgers" are really just a Steak'n'Shake.  

And I like Steak'n'Shake, so that's no issue for me. 

Honestly don't know if I've ever been to a Bojangles - probably, but my memory is like, um, I don't remember now.  Is it like Chick-fil-A?

It’s just another fried chicken place, like a Popeye’s or a Church’s. Not like a Chick-fil-a.

1 hour ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Honestly don't know if I've ever been to a Bojangles - probably, but my memory is like, um, I don't remember now.  Is it like Chick-fil-A?

30 minutes ago, wytygr8 said:

It’s just another fried chicken place, like a Popeye’s or a Church’s. Not like a Chick-fil-a.

18 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

Chick-Fil-A is leaps and bounds above any other fast food chicken restaurant. In fact I drive past 4 Bojangles to get to 1 Chick-Fil-A but it's totally worth it. Now don't get me wrong, I love my Bojangles but much more prefer CFA. 

Thanks to both of you for the info!

So now your mission is to find out how good the new Carnival Big Chicken joint is in comparison...

22 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

Chick-Fil-A is leaps and bounds above any other fast food chicken restaurant. In fact I drive past 4 Bojangles to get to 1 Chick-Fil-A but it's totally worth it. Now don't get me wrong, I love my Bojangles but much more prefer CFA. 

Unless you like actual on-the-bone fried chicken.

On 11/8/2018 at 6:56 AM, beachbum53 said:

Here's what I'm hoping for. The balcony doors will all be equipped with sensors that will record each time someone allows their balcony door to slam shut. The first time it happens, the occupant(s) will receive a letter asking that they kindly not allow this to happen. After the second offense, they will receive a letter stating that if this occurs one more time, the balcony door will be automatically locked, and that they will not have access to their balcony for the duration of the cruise, and that there will be NO compensation (financially or otherwise) for this. In addition, there will be a call button on the balcony to contact Security that someone has been locked out on their balcony. 

We just got off the Magic yesterday and I had the joy of having 2 morons on either side of our cabin who didn't seem to understand the mechanics of a door.  You would think after the first slam of a door they could figure out how to ease the door shut with one of their hands.  How do these idiots get through life?

3 minutes ago, Cushing985 said:

We just got off the Magic yesterday and I had the joy of having 2 morons on either side of our cabin who didn't seem to understand the mechanics of a door.  You would think after the first slam of a door they could figure out how to ease the door shut with one of their hands.  How do these idiots get through life?

Probably the same idiots who think the rules don’t apply to them and they are proud to wear jeans to the MDR on elegant night(s). 

• Haha 1

On 11/10/2018 at 10:38 AM, BoDidly said:

It's an understatement. It's a well known fact that Carnival values the new cruiser well over the seasoned ones .

They value the almighty dollar ,whereas the seasoned cruiser will spend less.

Which cruise line is that has a different view of profitability Bo?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Probably the same idiots who think the rules don’t apply to them and they are proud to wear jeans to the MDR on elegant night(s). 

No, it's a matter of not being aware of how annoying it is to let the door slam shut. What does wearing jeans to the MDR have to do with letting the balcony door slam shut? Two entirely different things. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Cushing985 said:

How does one know they were BOTH morons, and not just one moron?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

Windjammer Barefoot Cruises, Premier Cruise Line, Commodore Cruise Line, Dolphin, Renaissance, etc.

OK, so no major cruise line does...... What is the cruise fare for windjammer, less then Carnival’s (or any other REAL cruise line)?

1 minute ago, jimbo5544 said:

OK, so no major cruise line does...... What is the cruise fare for windjammer, less then Carnival’s (or any other REAL cruise line)?

:)  I must be older than I realize, my friend. They are all defunct, due to varying financial mismanagement.  I was joking a bit, and supporting your point about cruises being perfectly reasonable to have an economic model that produces profit, because without profit, businesses fail.

Those were all once fairly mainstream cruise lines.  Disney pretty much stole Premier's model and squeezed them out of the same market at a much higher price point. Windjammer Barefoot was successful until the owner died and his kids sucked all the funds out of the company while neglecting basic management.  The others were sort of on an equal level with early Carnival (back in the Tropicale / Mardi Gras days) and just a shade below Princess (in the Love Boat days). 

All gone now. Because they could not generate sustainable profits.

1 hour ago, teknoge3k said:

Bojangles has the better breakfast, CFA the better lunch/dinner.

1 minute ago, CodyMiles1994 said:

Bojangles has the better breakfast, CFA the better lunch/dinner.

Bojangles does have a good chicken biscuit. I love the chicken biscuit from CFA though. When I order my groceries each week, I go to pick them up after I drop my son off at school. I usually get near the store a little earlier than my scheduled pick up time so I head to CFA first for breakfast. 

Man, now I'm hungry.

26 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

How does one know they were BOTH morons, and not just one moron?

I should have been clearer.  The cabin to the left of mine and the one to the right...me in the middle of the morons.  I can certainly understand the first time because you would think doors on balconies have working pneumatic devices to prevent the slamming but to have the morons not figure out that isn't the case and to continue slamming the doors throughout a cruise tells me these people can't rub two brain cells together.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Or maybe the same idiots who attack others for ignoring rules they don’t like when those rules aren’t enforced but would do the exact same thing in another situation.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

🙂 I must be older than I realize, my friend. They are all defunct, due to varying financial mismanagement.  I was joking a bit, and supporting your point about cruises being perfectly reasonable to have an economic model that produces profit, because without profit, businesses fail.

Those were all once fairly mainstream cruise lines.  Disney pretty much stole Premier's model and squeezed them out of the same market at a much higher price point. Windjammer Barefoot was successful until the owner died and his kids sucked all the funds out of the company while neglecting basic management.  The others were sort of on an equal level with early Carnival (back in the Tropicale / Mardi Gras days) and just a shade below Princess (in the Love Boat days). 

All gone now. Because they could not generate sustainable profits.

I am slow on the uptake....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

Is there not a Raisin Canes in your vicinity?

3 hours ago, wytygr8 said:

Because that’s only accommodating one side. If you have one group of people who want a candlelit dinner and another who want to eat in a well lit area, you can’t just mix and match the lighting for different tables. That’ll work fine for those who want it well lit but not so much for the candlelit types. Ambience is incredibly important, from the lighting, to the music, to the decor, and to what people are wearing. In fact, the dress code and what people are wearing is really just part of the decor.

If some people like to get dressed up and have dinner with others, why would you want to stop them from doing so? It totally makes sense that you wouldn’t want to be denied your own experience and will choose that if there can be only one, but if both can exists, why would you want to deny that?

Sorry I just cant see how me dressing casual is stopping others from dressing up... That's like saying if some people wear a tux and you only wear a dress shirt and dress pants, you are not allowing the person with a tux to have a geat dining experience.  I just don't understand why people care so much about how others choose to dress.. How someone else dresses does not affect my dining experience at all...  

• Like 3

Couldn't it be the new itineraries on Carnival Radiance? 

Originally they were due to be published today, but the teaser text about Carnival Radiance was changed recently and the exact opening date of the new itineraries was removed - so maybe tomorrow we will get to see the new itineraries? 🙂

Besides Carnival it's said Radiance's deployment program for 2020 is due to be released in November 2018, so it ould very well be tomorrow, couldn't it? 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, bigdog1958 said:

Sorry I just cant see how me dressing casual is stopping others from dressing up... That's like saying if some people wear a tux and you only wear a dress shirt and dress pants, you are not allowing the person with a tux to have a geat dining experience.  I just don't understand why people care so much about how others choose to dress.. How someone else dresses does not affect my dining experience at all...  

How people are dressed or under dressed in an establishment is part of the ambiance and is part of the entire dining experience.  This is part of what separates dining from eating.  Some do not know there is a difference.

• Like 1