Carnival announcement expected 13 Nov 2018 (per John Heald)

ProgRockCruiser

22 minutes ago, shipfriend_max said:

Couldn't it be the new itineraries on Carnival Radiance? 

Originally they were due to be published today, but the teaser text about Carnival Radiance was changed recently and the exact opening date of the new itineraries was removed - so maybe tomorrow we will get to see the new itineraries? 🙂

Besides Carnival it's said Radiance's deployment program for 2020 is due to be released in November 2018, so it ould very well be tomorrow, couldn't it? 

As I have mentioned in a different thread, I expect/hope that tomorrow's announcement will indeed be about "the dancing of the ships", and we will see itineraries firm up for the remainder of 2019 through early 2021.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beachbum53 said:

No, it's a matter of not being aware of how annoying it is to let the door slam shut. What does wearing jeans to the MDR have to do with letting the balcony door slam shut? Two entirely different things. 

Not different in my opinion.  They both involve people who are not considerate of other people and don’t believe rules apply to them. Thats why you will almost always experience balcony doors slamming, people dressed in jeans in the MDR on elegant night, smelling marijuana in the hallways, etc. on Carinval cruises, especially the shorter ones. There is definitely a different demographic on 3-4 day cruises than on 7-8 day cruises and longer, which is why you see far less of this behavior on longer cruises. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

As I have mentioned in a different thread, I expect/hope that tomorrow's announcement will indeed be about "the dancing of the ships", and we will see itineraries firm up for the remainder of 2019 through early 2021.

On Splendor in October head of guest services at diamond party told me that Carnival was going to begin cruising out of San Francisco but didn’t have dates it would begin

• Like 1

Some new itineraries are starting to show up on Carnival's website, including Port Canaveral to Cuba, and a return to the Southern Caribbean from Canaveral (yay!).  Both on Radiance!

[EDIT: and I've already got a hold on a cabin for Dec 2020...need to discuss with better half...]

So I suspect that is going to be the meat of today's announcements: where/when Radiance is sailing, and other "dancing of the ships" (sorry, I do like that phrase...).

Edited by ProgRockCruiser

1 hour ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Some new itineraries are starting to show up on Carnival's website, including Port Canaveral to Cuba, and a return to the Southern Caribbean from Canaveral (yay!).  Both on Radiance!

[EDIT: and I've already got a hold on a cabin for Dec 2020...need to discuss with better half...]

So I suspect that is going to be the meat of today's announcements: where/when Radiance is sailing, and other "dancing of the ships" (sorry, I do like that phrase...).

John has posted the news of Radiance sailings but someone said they were disappointed to not see Iceland or Greenland and he replied, "don't give up, stay tuned" complete with smiley face. Of course I am still waiting for the Boston sailings for 2018 he promised over a year ago. 

1 minute ago, Bookbug53 said:

...he replied, "don't give up, stay tuned" complete with smiley face.

He also said earlier this morning that the big announcement should be up by 10a Eastern.  That is in about ten minutes.  Of course, the Radiance itineraries have been up for about an hour now and that was before 10a too, so it's possible that may be it for today, though I'm hoping we get more today...(like the new XL ship and the rest of the ships for 2020).

21 hours ago, Cushing985 said:

I should have been clearer.  The cabin to the left of mine and the one to the right...me in the middle of the morons.  I can certainly understand the first time because you would think doors on balconies have working pneumatic devices to prevent the slamming but to have the morons not figure out that isn't the case and to continue slamming the doors throughout a cruise tells me these people can't rub two brain cells together.

You were completely clear enough - for most readers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Well, I'm excited!

They announced European itineraries for the made-over Radiance (nee Victory), prior to her return to North America, with sailing to a relatively-new destination (Cuba) from new ports (NY, Norfolk, and Canaveral).

What were you expecting that would qualify as "exciting news" to you?

Updated loyalty program with them actually making it better this time. An improvement in production shows similar to the excellent ones they used to do. Those two would work well for us.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Micah's Grandad said:

Updated loyalty program with them actually making it better this time. An improvement in production shows similar to the excellent ones they used to do. Those two would work well for us.

OK, I can see your point on those.  John Heald did state (quite emphatically, IMHO) that there were no changes to the VIFP to be announced.

Which I'm sure will now mean some folks will insist there is a VIFP change announcement imminent...

• Like 1

Obviously no one announcement is going to be exciting to everyone. I do know I read many complaints about the Panorama not having any European sailings and no TA sailing. So for those people todays announcement would be a big deal. I have other things in mind for 2020 but I am happy it is an option for others. Maybe the next one will be my turn!

2 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Agreed. As someone looking to sail through Europe again in 2020, I’m waiting to see what Royal Caribbean will be offering before booking a sailing with Princess. The itineraries that Carnival will be doing are very limited and truly aren’t even special.

With them offering a crossing in June, it’s a shame they didn’t take advantage of that opportunity and offer a special Northern Transatlantic like other lines doing crossings at similar times. Oh well, typical Carnival...

Patience is a virtue, I have my doubts that you were going to sail on a CArnival TA in any case....  But, you may have an opportunity to prove me wrong.

I have friends on a ship right now and they heard there will be info out on Thursday about a Northern TA in 2020...It has been speculated many times on these boards that the ships being built in Finland may do this. But, if it actually is announced on Thursday is the million dollar question.

10 hours ago, Bookbug53 said:

John has posted the news of Radiance sailings but someone said they were disappointed to not see Iceland or Greenland and he replied, "don't give up, stay tuned" complete with smiley face. Of course I am still waiting for the Boston sailings for 2018 he promised over a year ago. 

We gave up.  Cunard has Transatlantic sailings next summer that include an overnight in Reykjavik, so we went for it.  A two-week on QM2 in July. We love Carnival and have a 4-night on Sunrise booked, but we're not getting any younger waiting for a Carnival cruise to Iceland.