Going going gone sale

1 hour ago, RoyalC said:

So the Radiance price of $499 Panana Canal is not showing up, either before the promo or during the promo which just started- RCL rep has no idea.

The front line CSRs may not have any more info than the screen they are looking at. While the dates on the flier says 8/3-4, that many times does not mean it should be available right after midnight  - like many some other rates, someone in Miami probably has do something manually, probably during regular work EST work hours. Also, in the past, I seem to recall others reporting that the excuse RCI gives for never honoring such deals is that they sold out of the category before the flier dates.

The inside cabin may not be at the flier rate, but the OV one is.

Edited by Biker19

1 minute ago, sgmn said:

Does anyone know if this sale is for US markets only or can it be sold to UK passengers. 

If US only,  is there anything similar in UK ?

You'd have to book via a US TA to get these deals.

Don't recall ever seeing something like this in any other market.

• Thanks 1

On 8/3/2022 at 2:30 AM, sgmn said:

Does anyone know if this sale is for US markets only or can it be sold to UK passengers.  If US only,  is there anything similar in UK ?

I'm going to guess UK consumer protection laws play into this.  Offering a last minute fare sale may have implications in the UK that don't exist in the US.  

25 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Not sure what it means, but the flier is getting longer.

Oasis, Indy and Freedom in October seem to have some deals.

Only one deal for liberty sept 18, already booked, cant match a gty or book it. But it was up yesterday. Deals on baby grandeur and no pre testing.

15 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

So when you see a cruise you like on the flyer, how do you book it?  Call RCCL, online, TA?  When do you check the spreadsheet?  Tuesday what time?

It's updated for August 24 & August 25 now..soooo check it maybe Monday evenings?

• Like 1

Forgive me if this has been asked before, but didn’t “way back in the day” they’d list what the single-occupancy surcharge was on their “Tuesday Specials” bulletin? Or am I thinking of another cruise line? 

15 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

So when you see a cruise you like on the flyer, how do you book it?  Call RCCL, online, TA?  When do you check the spreadsheet?  Tuesday what time?

Thanks.

You can book it any way you want. If the prices are available, you will see them on the RC site once the sale actually starts.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, matt1 said:

Forgive me if this has been asked before, but didn’t “way back in the day” they’d list what the single-occupancy surcharge was on their “Tuesday Specials” bulletin? Or am I thinking of another cruise line? 

Their old one seems to be frozen in time at the start of the shutdown: https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

Don't see a single supplement column on that one, though.  The only place I've seen the solo supplement mentioned was as a percentage on one of the large TA/consolidator sites.

2 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Their old one seems to be frozen in time at the start of the shutdown: https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

Don't see a single supplement column on that one, though.  The only place I've seen the solo supplement mentioned was as a percentage on one of the large TA/consolidator sites.

Much appreciated. I also happened to have found an old Celebrity Cruises Tuesday Specials and they did use to show the Single Occupancy surcharge. That must’ve been the one I was thinking about. 

1 hour ago, matt1 said:

Much appreciated. I also happened to have found an old Celebrity Cruises Tuesday Specials and they did use to show the Single Occupancy surcharge. That must’ve been the one I was thinking about. 

As I recall, years ago there was a Royal GGG ad style that included more specific cabin categories (for example D,X rather than just balcony) and also single supplement.  There may have been fewer cruises on sale on typical weeks then, so allowing more space per cruise was not an issue.  Later the list was made more compact, though with less info on each cruise, as seen in the pre-shutdown example.

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Like 1