Princess EZair

sunsetme

8 hours ago, jdechter said:

thanks, does anyone else have trouble entering their Known Traveler #? the space only seems to take numbers, not the whole code.

You can always enter it on the airline's web site once the reservation is made.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jdechter said:

can you keep checking prices and change flights with no penalty up until 45 days?

is there a limit on making changes??

Slightly different subject.....I've never used EZAir, but we have two Princess cruises booked in the next 15 months. We live near Memphis, TN. One cruise leave FLL, the other SFO. Does anyone have any recent experience using EZ air domestically (within the USA)? I have heard Princess' air prices are excellent for international travel, but not much about domestic travel.

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Slightly different subject.....I've never used EZAir, but we have two Princess cruises booked in the next 15 months. We live near Memphis, TN. One cruise leave FLL, the other SFO. Does anyone have any recent experience using EZ air domestically (within the USA)? I have heard Princess' air prices are excellent for international travel, but not much about domestic travel.

Thanks.

It just depends on how far in advance you book it and which option of EZair you choose, one you pay now and one you pay at final payment.  When we did Alaska several years ago, we flew from Orlando to Seattle and used the Ezair and it was cheaper

12 minutes ago, skennedy25 said:

It just depends on how far in advance you book it and which option of EZair you choose, one you pay now and one you pay at final payment.  When we did Alaska several years ago, we flew from Orlando to Seattle and used the Ezair and it was cheaper

Thanks, I'll look into it then. The soonest Princess cruise is still a year off, so I have lots of time to figure it out.

We are using EZ for the first time. PDX to SFO. The cost was about $20.00 more thru EZ per ticket over Alaska fare. By using EZ we get to leave same day and if we can't make ship then we go to next port. Saves $$$ on going in day before and paying BIG BUCKs for decent SFO hotel. 

In general posts have said that the domestic prcing is not as good as international flights.

However, if the EZAir flexible pricing is about the same as direct airline booking prices, then EZAir has a big advantage. If you book the economy tickets with an airline, once you make the booking you pay and cannot change the flights or cancel them without a big financial penalty. With EZAir flexible fare, you can change/cancel at no penalty up until 45 days before embarkation/first flight (whichever comes first) so if you find a lower fare you can still get it.

When comparing fares, be sure to compare "apples-to-apples". Most airline searches show the lowest fare to be their basic economy fare which very few people really want (no seat selection before arriving at the airport, restrictions on carryon luggage, no ability to change the reservation, etc.). EZAir has not (in my experience) quoted the basic economy fares.

Also be aware that Southwest Airlines is not available with EZAir.

First time, DW and I are using EZAir for just that reason... you can change without paying hundreds to do so!  Got tired of purchasing through a major airline to only find a much lower price closer to sailaway.  We have already changed twice through EZAir for a trip in June and we will continue to check prices!  Wishing all blue skies and calm seas!

EZ Air is amazingly flexible if you book a flexible fare.  International is insane in its great prices.  I just booked one way from Denver to Copenhagen first class/business class for $1300pp.  If I were to book these same exact flights through the actual airlines on my own, the cost would be $8373.  Insane!

Pooh

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Flafun888 said:

Can you use points to pay w/EZ Air? Was thinking of applying for an airline credit card to get bonus points for next year's trip. 

Not that I have seen. But if you have enough points, you can book a free flight on the airline web site.

• Like 1