3 days to sailing- just notified no berth for one of us!

the_dylaness

15 hours ago, the_dylaness said:

Resolution finally achieved today.

We were moved to comparable CC connecting cabins.

Great!

Our TA asked X to provide additional OBC as a gesture of goodwill given all of the drama and stress over the last day and a half.  They did not immediately give an answer.

I don't think I'm entitled to bazillions of dollars in onboard credit, and I'm glad everything worked out the way it did, but bottom line this was really stressful for us and I was truly worried we were going to end up separated from our kids which would not have been OK.  I think a token of acknowledgement from X would be a nice gesture.

Something tells me that the people who got bumped from their connecting CC rooms we are now occupying (ones I'd tried to book in April of 2017 that were already occupied, so probably clearly by someone who wanted THOSE specific rooms) got a nice "thank you" for moving... why not the people who got moved and didn't have a choice?

What happened, for the record, is that when we booked last year the second cabin was marked as a three-person and has since been reclassified.  When it was reclassified no one seemed to notice that at least one upcoming sailing had three people booked in, nor did they update the deck plan.

Glad to hear it is all resolved for you. I do have a feeling though that this incident may happen more often in the next few years as the ‘Revolution’ takes place across the fleet. There may be many more cabins that are ‘reclassified’.

Oh my gosh, I started reading this thread a few minutes ago and was holding my breath for you the entire time until I got to the part where you have the connecting rooms!   ((exhale!!!))   I am so very sorry that you had to have all the stress and worry right before your cruise tomorrow.  It's hard enough to get packed and take care of everyday things (I have a 4-1/2 year old grandson so I can only imagine) much less do it with the added stress.  I think you deserve some compensation of some kind - and I hope the people who originally had your cabins are compensated as well.  Huge X mistake.   

So....off you go!  Take the deep breath you so deserve and enjoy the first adult beverage you can find once you get on board.  I hope the rest of the vacation is happy, memory-filled, and you can leave this room nonsense behind you.  Come back afterwards and tell us how it all went.  There are lots of us waiting to hear!  

Just to be clear I did *not* ask for any compensation, my TA suggested it and I do think it is not an unreasonable idea- remember we are also moved from the specific rooms we chose (not a GTY).

We are happy with the new room assignment and X ultimately did give us some OBC (nothing exorbitant but a decent gesture of apology for the inconvenience and worry- enough for a nice treat for my husband and I.)

I still would rather it to not have happened at all but ultimately I am satisfied with the resolution and can still have our “one big room with two bathrooms” concept.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, the_dylaness said:

Just to be clear I did *not* ask for any compensation, my TA suggested it and I do think it is not an unreasonable idea- remember we are also moved from the specific rooms we chose (not a GTY).

We are happy with the new room assignment and X ultimately did give us some OBC (nothing exorbitant but a decent gesture of apology for the inconvenience and worry- enough for a nice treat for my husband and I.)

I still would rather it to not have happened at all but ultimately I am satisfied with the resolution and can still have our “one big room with two bathrooms” concept.  

Congratulations, again.

Since you have changed cabins, can you share your original cabin numbers?

Enjoy your cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

We're back!

Our new connecting staterooms were great. No complaints in the least.  (Well other than the family of 17 with the bowling ball parties every morning around 6 right above us 😉)

The previous staterooms were 1106 and 1108.  They are connecting at least according to the deck plans but apparently one was reclassified from 3 to 2 since April 2017.

Cruise was overall very enjoyable- the OBC that Celebrity offered us as a gesture for our inconvenience/time/worry/etc. never materialized but my TA is aware.

If you have connecting staterooms booked with more than 2 people you may wish to "double check" your reservations.

Happy sailing!

• Like 1