3 days to sailing- just notified no berth for one of us!

the_dylaness

Is there some reason why the nanny must sleep in the same room as the children?

If not, you should be able to keep your original cabins (two in each room) and the cruise line should comp you another nearby cabin for the nanny -- if the fault was actually theirs.

13 hours ago, WestLakeGirl said:

And what about realizing it during the check in process and getting the Xpress passes?

three days out (now two, or possibly even one?) is a very odd time to learn of this major blunder.

to me, the obvious thing, if there are suites available, os to have the upgrade fairy visit the occupants of two connecting concierge rooms so the OP can have them as planned

please come back and let us know how it works out

Upgrade fairy would be nice! But ship, according to TA, is sold out!

10 hours ago, jagoffee said:

OP,  sorry for you and the family.  I hope it is resolved to your satisfaction.

Obviously,  if the ship diagram and booking documents reflect 3 people, then something is unusual.  

Are you sure that the Reflection deck plans reflect that thecabin will accommodated  three people?

I noticed that your inital booking was for two people only in both cabins.  At what date was the third person added?

Again, I hope it is resolved soon, as I see you depart on 11/16 which is only two days from today.

Initially we booked a Celebrity suite for the four of us, and then shortly afterwards decided we'd rather downgrade the room and take the nanny with us.  These rooms were booked April 2017 with 5 people.

8 hours ago, cdbaum1 said:

I may have missed something here but I am assuming that the stateroom in question has a sofa.  On more than one occasion my daughter has slept on the sofa as her bed.  Not the trundle underneath but on the actual sofa.  The stateroom attendant has brought in the required linens etc to make it usable as a bed.  And while my daughter prefers the drop down bed she has been quite comfortable on the sofa.

Is there a reason that this isn't an option?  I don't believe that any of the CC staterooms are without a sofa and I'm pretty sure that they can find a life jacket somewhere.

I hope they figure this out for you.  See you in a couple of days.

You'd think this would be an option! Totally a no go. I wondered about roll away bed or switch it with a sofa bed from another room... the answer was "not possible."

7 hours ago, Baron Barracuda said:

When our 3 daughters were younger and connecting cabins were unavailable we would just book two adjoining cabins and have steward open the balcony partition.  This allowed easy access to both cabins.

Our kids are only 4 (and just barely so) and 7- I feel like having the rooms connected WITHIN the room is important for safety as well as togetherness.  My 7 year old daughter would probably be fine with going through the balcony but my four year son is all boy, all the time, and I can see him getting distracted by a "big fishy" and dragging a chair to the railing or some such nonsense!  So we have asked them to not be on the balcony unsupervised.

3 hours ago, varoo said:

Is there some reason why the nanny must sleep in the same room as the children?

If not, you should be able to keep your original cabins (two in each room) and the cruise line should comp you another nearby cabin for the nanny -- if the fault was actually theirs.

Yes- they are 4 and 7 and I don't want to go to bed at 8pm (or get up for 4 year old potty breaks at midnight... get to do that all the time at home) 🙂 Hence the nanny!

Edited by the_dylaness

Resolution finally achieved today.

We were moved to comparable CC connecting cabins.

Great!

Our TA asked X to provide additional OBC as a gesture of goodwill given all of the drama and stress over the last day and a half.  They did not immediately give an answer.

I don't think I'm entitled to bazillions of dollars in onboard credit, and I'm glad everything worked out the way it did, but bottom line this was really stressful for us and I was truly worried we were going to end up separated from our kids which would not have been OK.  I think a token of acknowledgement from X would be a nice gesture.

Something tells me that the people who got bumped from their connecting CC rooms we are now occupying (ones I'd tried to book in April of 2017 that were already occupied, so probably clearly by someone who wanted THOSE specific rooms) got a nice "thank you" for moving... why not the people who got moved and didn't have a choice?

What happened, for the record, is that when we booked last year the second cabin was marked as a three-person and has since been reclassified.  When it was reclassified no one seemed to notice that at least one upcoming sailing had three people booked in, nor did they update the deck plan.

• Like 2

So glad this has been resolved. Sounds like your TA did a great job. Now Celebrity needs to do the right thing. Sorry this has been so stressful for you and your family. I’m sure you all are so relieved. 

Have a a great vacation!

So glad it all worked out. Sounds like one of those mix ups none of us could see coming. Yup, the LIne needs to give you and those that were moved a nice ‘thank you’ in the form of an OBC. 

Weird that a Cabin would be reclassifed as 2-only. Enjoy the cruise and your TA sounds like one to keep!!

Den

So happy that they were able to accommodate you & yes you should definitely get a OBC.  I wonder whether or not Celebrity have even advised the other people that they have been bumped yet!   Look forward to meeting you on-board.  

Edited by If only

Glad to see this resolved.  Have a great cruise. Do you know if Celebrity has or will update those deck plans to reflect the change from 3 to 2 occupants?  You indicated that you did not want to list the cabin numbers, but when you get back, please consider doing this as an FYI for others that may be in the same situation as you. Someone else may appreciate the heads up. 

So nice that you have the rooms which will suit you. It is a shame your pre cruise build up has been so stressful, relax now and enjoy!

I do hope the guests who have been moved to accommodate you are happy with their new rooms too. As a really room faddy person I know I would not be happy being moved from one room to another in the same category without a conversation.....