3 days to sailing- just notified no berth for one of us!

the_dylaness

Actually you do deserve an ideal solution. You paid real money in good faith and you deserve better than you are getting right now.  That said, here is an off the top of my head thought.  On the S class ships most of the balconies can open up between cabins. We have done it on the Silhouette and some other ships.  It is not the ideal solution to connecting cabins but you could connect via the balconies... or they could and should upgrade you to a nice suite.

Upgrading to a suite doesn't help.....  The simple solution is to move a sofa bed into the room.  Any other solution would require finding two cabins together with a shared door. 

Maybe there is a cabin still available with a cabin next to it with a connection door, Celebrity should contact the folks who currently are in that second cabin and offer them some extra compensation or whatever to move to another cabin.

This can be worked out....all it takes is one call to the ship.....move a convertible sofa to cabin xxxx.

I definitely hope it all works out for you! You’re right, you booked what you wanted/required and that’s what you must have. We didn’t have this same situation, but a situation with our cabins nonetheless. Celebrity messed up the day before we sailed and somehow got our room messed up. They wanted us to settle for what that gave us when we actually booked a category higher and paid for that higher category. We weren’t even aware of the situation until we on board. Fortunately it all worked out.......do you realize that on the S class ships the cabins don’t connect inside the cabins? They are two totally separate cabins and have an outer door. Probably doesn’t make sense, but wasn’t sure if you were aware

2 hours ago, Denny01 said:

I’ve cruised a great deal, but this ‘lifeboat issue’ doesn’t track. I understand numbers allowed/restricted in SRs and so on, and numbers in the muster stations, but in truth, if the ship got into an emergency requiring lifeboats, they won’t be expecting and limiting only the set number assigned to some muster station. A major fire, collision, and subsequent listing taking on water either forward or aft means certain areas won’t be accessible and certain lifeboats won’t be able to be launched. There are more lifeboats and inflatable rafts then passengers and crew. Many more. You don’t see the rafts around much, but there are many around ready to be inflated and launched (or thrown over the side and inflated then!). They will move people around and make sure they have all assigned to a way off the ship. The muster stations are an initial location but they won’t send someone away and tell them to go to another station, they will move people as needed. 

So limiting a SR by not adding one person, I just don’t see as limited by a theoretical number in an area assigned for a muster station for lifeboats. There is as much chance as a flip of a coin of at least one muster station not being accessible, and those mustered moved to lifeboats/rafts not originally set for that muster station. During a true emergency, crew may well move passengers directly to the lifeboats without reaching a muster station. They will be taking names and so on, but they won’t be ‘mustering’ us all in the original area, giving us a briefing and moving us along like we are heading off on an excursion. 

Now, isn’t at a lovely thought for all of us going on a cruise to go to sleep with!! By the way, I’m not an expert; just lots of experience in the Navy which probably differs more than a bit. 

Den

This has been discussed several times, including some people that work or have worked on cruise ships participating.  They stated that in fact the life boat capacity is by zone.  That if a particular zone has reached its max, then they will not allow any more passengers into that zone, even if cabin capacity remains.

Solas requirements

• Ships engaged in international voyages must have:
– Partially or totally enclosed lifeboats, for 50% of the total capacity of people onboard, at each side (total capacity for 100%)
– Rigid or inflatable liferafts for at least 25% of the total number of people onboard
• Ships engaged in short international voyages must have:
– Partially or totally enclosed lifeboats, for 30% of the total capacity of people onboard, at each side, plus the number of liferafts necessary to obtain a total of 100%
– Rigid or inflatable liferafts for at least 25% of the total number of people onboard

9 hours ago, the_dylaness said:

TA has been very responsive and working to resolve issue however you still cannot make connecting cabins for three where they do not exist.  I’m sure most or all of Concierge and above cabins are booked already- much less two that happen to connect and and hold 5 people between the two of them.  

There are some SS that connect to CC cabins- this would be fine although I would wish we would all have same DR assignment.

This should be the solution acceptable to everyone. You have your connecting rooms which is your major requirement and why you booked in advance and not last minute. I suggest you email your TA and Celebrity and say that if they cannot offer you two connecting CC cabins that accommodate 5 guests, this seems to be the best solution. Re dining, your children would be entitled to dine with you in Luminae anyway or you could all arrange to dine in the MDR. 

Alternatively are are there any standard adjoining balcony cabins still left? Would you be willing to consider them with a refund, OBC, future cruise certificates? Are your dates at all flexible and would you be willing to change to an alternative cruise, perhaps again with some OBC for your inconvenience?

Sometimes when there are issues with any company it can be better to give them a short list of options that you are happy with (even if not perfect) rather than wait for them to come up with a solution which then may not address your key requirement. Certainly, with the plan you have with your nanny, accommodating nanny and children elsewhere is simply not acceptable.

Sincere best wishes for an acceptable resolution.

I would think they would reward the people in two connecting cabins if they’d be willing to switch with you. Cabins with a door between them are not always wonderful because sound travels through that door. So moving and getting an OBC would be a win win for them. 

Goid kuck. Sorry your anticipation of the cruise has to be fraught with worry. 

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

This should be the solution acceptable to everyone. You have your connecting rooms which is your major requirement and why you booked in advance and not last minute. I suggest you email your TA and Celebrity and say that if they cannot offer you two connecting CC cabins that accommodate 5 guests, this seems to be the best solution. Re dining, your children would be entitled to dine with you in Luminae anyway or you could all arrange to dine in the MDR. 

Alternatively are are there any standard adjoining balcony cabins still left? Would you be willing to consider them with a refund, OBC, future cruise certificates? Are your dates at all flexible and would you be willing to change to an alternative cruise, perhaps again with some OBC for your inconvenience?

Sometimes when there are issues with any company it can be better to give them a short list of options that you are happy with (even if not perfect) rather than wait for them to come up with a solution which then may not address your key requirement. Certainly, with the plan you have with your nanny, accommodating nanny and children elsewhere is simply not acceptable.

Sincere best wishes for an acceptable resolution.

They initially just moved the kids/nanny (as evidenced by the new SS room number by our express pass!)

When I was told about this I suggested the following possible resolutions (all connecting):

-SS to concierge

-SS to SS

-concierge to concierge (same as we have now)

-AQ to AQ (I don't think there are any connecting and I am pretty sure they all hold 2 but who knows)

-Balcony to Balcony "if allowed to review location prior to accepting and significantly made right to us"

(They probably don't want to know what "significantly made right to us" would mean right now... I am very unhappy.)

Our intent was to use it as "one big room with two bathrooms" as much as possible but of course with possibility to close each door at night and as needed for privacy.

Good idea about balconies but I have taught my kids to NEVER go on the balcony alone so it would be kind of not so helpful.

Dates very inflexible especially so close to sail date- the nanny has a day job is just an occasional babysitter for us, I am sure she would never speak to us again if we voluntarily cancelled at this point, and I require minimum 6 months notice for time off of work and even then don't get my requests 100% of the time especially when it is 10+ days over a holiday (this was a miracle.)

I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, the_dylaness said:

-AQ to AQ (I don't think there are any connecting and I am pretty sure they all hold 2 but who knows)

You are correct...  Fleet-wide, Aqua Class staterooms are not staterooms that connect via the interior and none accommodate more than two guests...

Best wishes in achieving satisfactory resolution...  I'm hard pressed to figure out how your Travel Agent and/or Celebrity didn't realize the disconnect prior to booking...

And what about realizing it during the check in process and getting the Xpress passes?

three days out (now two, or possibly even one?) is a very odd time to learn of this major blunder.

to me, the obvious thing, if there are suites available, os to have the upgrade fairy visit the occupants of two connecting concierge rooms so the OP can have them as planned

please come back and let us know how it works out

3 hours ago, the_dylaness said:

They initially just moved the kids/nanny (as evidenced by the new SS room number by our express pass!)

So the nanny and kids get to eat in Luminae and you and your wife get to eat in the MDR ????

OP,  sorry for you and the family.  I hope it is resolved to your satisfaction.

Obviously,  if the ship diagram and booking documents reflect 3 people, then something is unusual.  

Are you sure that the Reflection deck plans reflect that thecabin will accommodated  three people?

I noticed that your inital booking was for two people only in both cabins.  At what date was the third person added?

Again, I hope it is resolved soon, as I see you depart on 11/16 which is only two days from today.

5 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Cabins with a door between them are not always wonderful because sound travels through that door. So moving and getting an OBC would be a win win for them. 

There is NO connecting door in the room, it is in the corridor. The room doors  ( light coloured)are pinned back into the room and the external doors ( darker) are then shut. They are normally open as in the picture.

4D72C808-6EA0-43B2-90E4-FCE97851211B.jpeg

Edited by upwarduk

3 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

OP said she is on Reflection, and she is different from the other S class, her connecting cabins do have an interior door, not the vestibule.  EM

Correct, on the S class ships the first four did the rooms depicted in the picture.  Don't know why but on the Reflection they went back to the old system.  Its' a shame, thought the new design was very practical. 

I may have missed something here but I am assuming that the stateroom in question has a sofa.  On more than one occasion my daughter has slept on the sofa as her bed.  Not the trundle underneath but on the actual sofa.  The stateroom attendant has brought in the required linens etc to make it usable as a bed.  And while my daughter prefers the drop down bed she has been quite comfortable on the sofa.

Is there a reason that this isn't an option?  I don't believe that any of the CC staterooms are without a sofa and I'm pretty sure that they can find a life jacket somewhere.

I hope they figure this out for you.  See you in a couple of days.

2 hours ago, upwarduk said:

There is NO connecting door in the room, it is in the corridor. The room doors  ( light coloured)are pinned back into the room and the external doors ( darker) are then shut. They are normally open as in the picture.

surely these are 1A's on the hump. The aft C1's seem to have an internal connecting door

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/cabinpics/162/reg/CelCon930-6856-1511882717.jpg