Disfunctional HAL website

taxmantoo

28 minutes ago, taxmantoo said:

Anyone else having trouble logging on to HAL website this morning?  Telling me the user-id and password I have been using for the past 11 years are NOT VALID!!!

Same problem here, but on a side note, if you are able again to re-enter the website, you may want to consider changing your password, 11 years maybe stretching todays security issues, if you do not mind me saying.

I'm having trouble also. Just for the hell of it I tried logging in to the Princess website, MSC and also RCCL, same problem as with HAL. Can't get through on the phone either. This seems to me like a massive hack or meltdown.

I could not log in directly, but under Already Booked, I clicked on Manage my Bookings.  That took me to a sign in page which worked, but it said there were no associated bookings under that account.  So, I searched with my booking number and it came up.  

21 minutes ago, Alphen said:

Same problem here, but on a side note, if you are able again to re-enter the website, you may want to consider changing your password, 11 years maybe stretching todays security issues, if you do not mind me saying.

Thanks and good advice.  I did change it a few times today when they kept telling me it was not valid.  Now all I have to do is remember which one I used last 🙂

6 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

Up and running now, same with Princess.

Well, I can log in directly now, but I have no cruise credits, no Mariner status and I've never cruised before.   And, I don't have any booked cruises (actually, I do).   Still a work in progress.

17 minutes ago, dfish said:

Well, I can log in directly now, but I have no cruise credits, no Mariner status and I've never cruised before.   And, I don't have any booked cruises (actually, I do).   Still a work in progress.

Same here.  At least we know they are "working on it". :classic_blink:

4 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

I had difficulty on this site, and HAL this morning.  Very annoying.  

I thought it was me this morning.   All of a sudden, the page refreshed and it was like I had checked of to mark the forum read.  No new posts although there were many.  Then, a couple of minutes later, the page did a refresh and it was back to the original state.   

I can log in on HAL, my Mariner history is present and the site can find my current booking.  That seems to be working ok now.

2 hours ago, dfish said:

I could not log in directly, but under Already Booked, I clicked on Manage my Bookings.  That took me to a sign in page which worked, but it said there were no associated bookings under that account.  So, I searched with my booking number and it came up.  

I had tried both ways but couldn’t get in.

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

I had difficulty on this site, and HAL this morning.  Very annoying.  

59 minutes ago, dfish said:

I thought it was me this morning.   All of a sudden, the page refreshed and it was like I had checked of to mark the forum read.  No new posts although there were many.  Then, a couple of minutes later, the page did a refresh and it was back to the original state.   

The same thing happened to me!  Very strange.

I can now log in and see my bookings.  My mariner days are all there with the exception of my last sailing count still being wrong.  You win some; you lose some.

3 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

The same thing happened to me!  Very strange.

I can now log in and see my bookings.  My mariner days are all there with the exception of my last sailing count still being wrong.  You win some; you lose some.

Well, I'm not feeling quite so crazy now.   I thought perhaps my computer was getting ready to die.   Nice to know it is them, not us!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Looks like everything is fine once again😳 getting so tired of all the little things happening on CC with the new format. Hope this is the end and we have a nice clean slate LOL

Denise😊

Trust me, things are NOT fine with the HAL website.  We are four star Mariners who have earned 5 star status through cruise days on a cruise that ended on 10/14/2018 and another ending on 10/28/2018 and our status has not been updated.  And we are a few weeks away from our next sailing where the earned 5 star benefits will be valuable .  I've contacted HAL with no response.  I'll try the phone tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Btimmer said:

Trust me, things are NOT fine with the HAL website.  We are four star Mariners who have earned 5 star status through cruise days on a cruise that ended on 10/14/2018 and another ending on 10/28/2018 and our status has not been updated.  And we are a few weeks away from our next sailing where the earned 5 star benefits will be valuable .  I've contacted HAL with no response.  I'll try the phone tomorrow.

Totally agree!

We earned 3 star status through cruise days on the Maasdam cruise that ended on 10/14/18.  We are boarding Veendam Monday (11/19/18).  

When we had not been updated to 3 star, I called Mariner Society on 11/5/18 and spoke with a very helpful rep who got our status updated to 3 star even tho the days are still not correct.  Our profiles show 47 credits, but 3 star.  Our boarding passes for the Veendam cruise also show 3 star.  

Sure hope this is recognized onboard -- we want to take advantage of the 3 star discounts on specialty dining and a wine package.  I did take a screen shot of our profiles showing the 34 day cruise and am also going to make a copy of our sea pass cards from that cruise to take along.

Edited by kb4683

As I reported in the other thread about the Mariner Society being messed up, I called HAL this morning and a very helpful lady in the Mariner Society department got our status upgraded to 5 star (which I verified by logging into my account) even though the details of our last cruise (a 48 day collector voyage) won't be posted until at least the end of the month.  She commented that there is a 4 week backlog from the disembarkation date to the posting of the details on the website, and that for a collector voyage (i.e. B2B), it is from the latest disembarkation.

In any event we are set for our next cruise starting 12/5/2018 despite the lack of supporting detail information on the website.

I can log in, for all the good it does me, but I can only access my cruise details via Google Chrome browser (Firefox doesn't work at all) and even then it doesn't show me my actual account, my bookings, or my mariner status, just the cruise details and I can book excursions and indulgences but nothing else.

I just went to make final payments for our upcoming cruise and no dice. It says it can't find my booking. I just talked to the PCC today so I know everything is ok. I should have just paid then but I was busy with the kiddos and figured I'd go online soon and do it. Glad we are a few days out from final payment day and I can just CALL tomorrow.

Seems silly to even have a website when it is so dysfunctional so often.

Edited by fatcat04

2 hours ago, fatcat04 said:

I can log in, for all the good it does me, but I can only access my cruise details via Google Chrome browser (Firefox doesn't work at all) and even then it doesn't show me my actual account, my bookings, or my mariner status, just the cruise details and I can book excursions and indulgences but nothing else.

I just went to make final payments for our upcoming cruise and no dice. It says it can't find my booking. I just talked to the PCC today so I know everything is ok. I should have just paid then but I was busy with the kiddos and figured I'd go online soon and do it. Glad we are a few days out from final payment day and I can just CALL tomorrow.

Seems silly to even have a website when it is so dysfunctional so often.

My experience is similar.  I can log on to HAL's website using FF and can look at My Account, but I can't manage my bookings.  So, I fire up Edge and do that.