OASIS Muster

We were stationed inside the ice rink. Saw some others were entering the theatre and dining room. We watched a safety video, the, Wash Your Hands video, and the staff put on the life vests. First time, our life jackets were not inside our cabin. They keep them at your station. I have always thought it would be funny is someone sang, "Wash Your Hands" at Karaoke ( A cappella, of course) but, maybe that's just me......   

Edited by Cinders411

I figure that in a real emergency the majority of people are gonna be left swimming off the ship, leaving more lifeboats for me. That spy video thing is an embarrassment. The muster drills in general these days are an embarrassment. 

They truly are a joke and very poorly done, especially on the Oasis - half the time it's so crowded and loud you can't hear the videos even if you wanted to.  But it's still better than the "old" days when you had to wear your life jacket standing shoulder to shoulder in the blazing Florida heat for a half hour or more...... 😝

Agree that the muster drill is really a waste of time.  In this day and age, seems they could have the entire thing on your tv or computer (ipad, cell phone, whatever), then each cruiser checks into their muster station after watching the video.  If sail away is 5:00, everyone has to watch the video then register at their muster station between 3:30 and 4:30. I think you would have a lot of happy cruisers, and the staff would probably prefer it as well.

On the Oasis 10 days ago, the weather moved the aqua theater muster to the Schooner Bar.  Do you realize the lifeboats can hold 340 persons each!   Schooner was crowded, no video was shown or could be heard.  Check-in with sea pass card is a must. 

How many times have you paid attention to the flight attendants with the safety drill.  Same for the muster.  Just like I tell my kids not to text and drive.  Peeps gonna do what peeps do no matter what.

3 hours ago, jdg623 said:

They truly are a joke and very poorly done, especially on the Oasis - half the time it's so crowded and loud you can't hear the videos even if you wanted to.  But it's still better than the "old" days when you had to wear your life jacket standing shoulder to shoulder in the blazing Florida heat for a half hour or more...... 😝

Agree 100%!!

On oasis on 11.11 we were in the cafe on the promenade.  They had the volume up so loud I started getting nauseated. No matter where I moved it was very warm and loud. I have super sensitive hearing and I was not happy. It was so loud you really couldn’t make out he words of the video- it was distorted. 

On 11/19/2018 at 1:16 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Muster is more about knowing where to go in the event of an emergency so that crew can account for guests than it is about learning what to do specifically. 

I totally agree.

I have thought about this and came to the same conclusion a while ago.

The idea is that the ship itself is the actual best life boat.