What are your favourite drinks.

Jareds_mommytoo

6 hours ago, Jareds_mommytoo said:

I am looking for suggestions and description of some new drinks to try. I’m not a fan of super sweet drinks, but I go to the bar with every intention of trying something new, then draw a blank, get  the deer in the headlight look and order a beer or  a caesar

They know how to make a Caesar?

2 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

They know how to make a Caesar?

Lime wedge
Celery salt to taste
Salt to taste
1 1/4 oz vodka
4 oz Clamato (clam & tomato juice taste better then it sounds)
Pepper to taste
4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
3 dash hot sauce
Celery stalk

1. Rim a highball glass with lime and then celery salt.
  2. Fill glass with ice, add salt and pepper, vodka and Clamato juice.
  3. Season with Worcestershire and hot sauce. Stir.
  4. Garnish with celery stalk and lime.
Edited by Jareds_mommytoo

I guess we stay with pretty standard drinks.   I prefer gin martinis dry and Mrs K usually drinks rum and coke.   During the summer we fix gin and tonics for around the pool and occasionally will have a margarita or mojito.  We pretty much drink the same thing on our cruises.   Will say because we’ve been cruising on Silversea a lot in the past few years and hang out at the pool bar we’ve tried several other specialty drinks but since Silversea is all-inclusive we’ve never felt bad about trying and not liking a specialty drink.    

56 minutes ago, Jareds_mommytoo said:

Lime wedge
Celery salt to taste
Salt to taste
1 1/4 oz vodka
4 oz Clamato (clam & tomato juice taste better then it sounds)
Pepper to taste
4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
3 dash hot sauce
Celery stalk

1. Rim a highball glass with lime and then celery salt.
  2. Fill glass with ice, add salt and pepper, vodka and Clamato juice.
  3. Season with Worcestershire and hot sauce. Stir.
  4. Garnish with celery stalk and lime.

Thanks.  I know how to make them.  I was asking if they did.

9 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

Thanks.  I know how to make them.  I was asking if they did.

Yes they do now how to make them.  They are not a "Canadian" tasting Caesar because of the clamato/tomato juice mix they use, but they will make them spicey and they are relatively decent. 😉 

4 minutes ago, kazu said:

Yes they do now how to make them.  They are not a "Canadian" tasting Caesar because of the clamato/tomato juice mix they use, but they will make them spicey and they are relatively decent. 😉 

Thanks Kazu!

Tropa-Mango-Mojito - our traditional one and only drink during the first sail away toast, after muster we tip our glasses to the start of another grand adventure. It is a tall, frou frou drink with a straw - not something one would order at a cowboy bar.  But it is minty, fresh, frozen slush that requires slow sipping, as we enjoy the ship sailing off to new horizons from the Crow's Nest vantage point.

Edited by OlsSalt

This link has been referenced many times on the HAL boards -

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/specialty-2/hal-regular-and-specialty-restaurants/hal-beverage-menus

It shows most, if not all, cocktails available in the various bars along with brief descriptions. 

If you like gin and tonics, give the Blue Florida (Crows Nest) a try. Not only is it a beautiful drink (I have had many people ask me about it as I was sipping one) but it is very refreshing. 

The Gin's Cup is another herbaceous delite (Sea View Bar). I also recommend the Tanqueray 0010 martini, the Seattle Sunset (a little like a Manhattan with Campari added), and the Rusty Knot (bourbon and elderflower). 

And I agree with taxmantoo that the Tuscan Lemon Drop is a winner. 

Hmmm........, maybe I am spending too much time at the Happy Hours!?

• Haha 1

Mrs K was reading this thread over my shoulder and reminded me of coral lemon drops which one of her favorites.   It was a specialty drink on the Oosterdam some 10 years ago and Michael in the Crow’s Nest taught her how to make them.   We still have them occasionally and again this thread reminded Mrs K to maybe make some.   

We have Canadian friends that we cruise with, and they always order a "Bloody Caesar" and 99% of the time, they do have the Clamato Juice to make it.

The Wang Wang has 8 different types of alcohol in it.  Here's the ingredients courtesy of Copper 10-8.

1/4 oz Vodka

1/4 oz Gin

1/4 oz White Rum

1/4 oz Scotch

1/4 oz Bourbon

1/4 oz Tequila

1/4 Triple Sec

1/4 oz Brandy

Top it off with Pineapple and Orange Juice

Add a splash of Grenadine and let the games begin!

And, amazingly, the drink is included in the Signature Beverage Package !!   

But I still like an ice cold Heineken on draft.  Available in the Lido Bar, Seaview Bar, and the Gallery Bar.

• Like 1

A quality New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc, such as Villa Maria which HAL does serve, is now my standard adult beverage.  Happy Hour often finds me ordering a double CC/Sprite; I do enjoy Canadian whisky.  (And, my taste buds prefer CC over Royal Crown.)

Tropical beverages:  a well prepared Pina Colada or a Miami Vice is delightful.

On one Caribbean cruise, I decided to do an "on-shore" Rum Punch Tasting at each port we visited.  It was very interesting meeting/speaking with the bartenders at the various locations and enjoying their Rum Punch beverage.  On that cruise, the winner was a vendor in the port area where the ship was docked at St. Lucia.

Not the same cruise, but a Rum Punch that I had during a cruise when we docked at Tortola was truly superior!