RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

8 hours ago, Ashland said:
Just updated for Navigator but interesting on the message about Odyssey which doesn't apply to me.
CONGRATULATIONS!
Hi CHERYL,

Your RoyalUp bid for a stateroom upgrade has been accepted.

What to do now:

• You have been upgraded to the Owner's Suite stateroom(s).
  • If you are not yet onboard the ship, please reprint your SetSail Pass and luggage tags to accurately reflect your updated stateroom(s). When you log into Manage Reservation, you'll see your new stateroom number, which is assigned based on availability.
  • If you are sailing on Odyssey of the Seas and are already onboard the ship, please stop by the guest relations desk as soon as possible to receive you new cabin number and key.

Congratulations!!  We were upgraded in December to the Owners Suite.   You are going to love it.  Have a great cruise!!

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, FireEMT978 said:

I just bid on the same upgrades from a JR Suite. Curious, what were your winning bids?

I know the bid for the JS was only $250/person. I need to find out about the Royal Loft bid. I know it was a very good bid, high chance of receiving upgrade.

Anybody know if the upgrade from large balcony to JS will now qualify for double. points?

Thank you.

1 minute ago, dugknight said:

I know the bid for the JS was only $250/person. I need to find out about the Royal Loft bid. I know it was a very good bid, high chance of receiving upgrade.

Anybody know if the upgrade from large balcony to JS will now qualify for double. points?

Thank you.

Unfortunately, the points only apply to your cabin catagory, prior to the RoyalUp!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FireEMT978 said:

Unfortunately, the points only apply to your cabin catagory, prior to the RoyalUp!

OK, wasn't sure. I guess it doesn't matter much, since we are usually on Celebrity. Our status there will always be higher, so we'll just have to get the match. It's just fun to see the points add up. lol

Celebrity does give bonus points for upgrading though. Although, now that I think about it, we upgraded at guest services, not through the official bid program. Maybe that's why we got it.

6 hours ago, AllAboardatSea said:

Was booked in a Central Park balcony for Allure 1/16, only bid for ocean view balcony at the minimum amount ($35pp) as I didn’t care either way. Received the notification this morning it was accepted and new cabin assigned shortly thereafter. 

So many cancellations.  You should try for a jr suite

Just received a Royal Up for the Royal Loft on Symphony March 26 for $2600 minimum bid.  Since we are in an A1 I think I will let this one slide.  Will save the money to finish paying off the Royal Loft on Quantum for our Alaska cruise in September.  Kinda wish it were a little cheaper though, might be fun.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Flamingo33 said:

I am on Odyssey on 1/29 and I bid on 5 options from Spacious Balcony to GS, this morning they were all pending, I just checked and all but Jr. Suite show Expired. Jr. Suite still showing Pending...should i be cautiously optimistic? 

Hi i have a couple bids for Odyssey on 1/23 was wondering where you go to check on them ?

12 hours ago, FireEMT978 said:

Really a great loyalty incentive for us to sail in this crazy time.

They get more money, and we lose the benefits of the upgrade.

Benefits by the way that cost them almost nothing.

You get all the stateroom benefits that come with the upgrade. You just don't receive the double points if your original category was single. And it does cost them something. Some have commented getting a JS for only minimum bids and moving up from an interior or outside room. Its unfair for those that chose the category and paid the premium for the use. If you were awarded the double points with a Royal Up many would use this method to get into suites instead of paying out right for it. Its a choice.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Saoa0318 said:

And it does cost them something. 

In reality what do extra points cost the cruise line. I would think in times like this they could use every penny of additional revenue to stay afloat.

Cruisers are dropping as fast as the ports on their scheduled itineraries, bad time to be stingy with C&A points

Might just be the incentive needed to prevent a booked guest from cancelling the entire cruise especially if RCCL might lose the initial fare plus an additional 4-5 or 6 hundred bucks, and for what a few C&A points. 

• Like 2

On 1/10/2022 at 3:27 PM, Flamingo33 said:

I am on Odyssey on 1/29 and I bid on 5 options from Spacious Balcony to GS, this morning they were all pending, I just checked and all but Jr. Suite show Expired. Jr. Suite still showing Pending...should i be cautiously optimistic? 

Just checked mine.

On same sailing all show expired except the GS and it cannot be modified. Cautiously hoping. 
I bid on the JS, GS and GS with large balcony as those were my options. It also allowed me to bid on a 2b GS but we are only two people so didn't go for that one. 

Edited by jonj
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, jonj said:

Just checked mine.

On same sailing all show expired except the GS and it cannot be modified. Cautiously hoping. 
I bid on the JS, GS and GS with large balcony as those were my options. It also allowed me to bid on a 2b GS but we are only two people so didn't go for that one. 

JONJ could I ask what your bid for GS was?

1 minute ago, jonj said:

Of course. My husband really wanted a GS but I wasn't willign to pay the difference of $6000 for a comp cruise we have. we bid $1000 each. I wanted to bid $750 but thought going higher would give us a better chance. Since it was a comp cruise paying $2000 for the upgrade (if we get confirmation) was worth it to us. 

Good call and congratulations!!

4 hours ago, boscobeans said:

In reality what do extra points cost the cruise line. I would think in times like this they could use every penny of additional revenue to stay afloat.

Cruisers are dropping as fast as the ports on their scheduled itineraries, bad time to be stingy with C&A points

Might just be the incentive needed to prevent a booked guest from cancelling the entire cruise especially if RCCL might lose the initial fare plus an additional 4-5 or 6 hundred bucks, and for what a few C&A points. 

Sorry, but I really don't see seven extra points being a deciding factor in whether or not someone's going to cancel their entire cruise.

• Like 1

I hope this isn’t a dumb question, but where do I enter a credit card to pay for an upgrade if they accept my bid? I looked on my Cruise Planner account and don’t see a place, unless of course I purchase something. I had a ton of OBC from my cancellation in 2020, still have some actually so I’m not buying anything with a card there. And I know my card that may have been used is no longer valid. Thank you in advance!

Well, I did the ole fashioned RoyalUp for my Navigator OTS cruise coming on April 4th 2022. I was originally booked in one of the new forward facing balconies, on deck 11 for what I considered a pretty good price. $991.50 w/ 75 OBC during my kid's high school spring break.

The twins are in their own cabin with their Uncle while the wife and I are in our own cabin.

I then noticed on my TAs website, for that cruise, I can book into a class WS: GTY Suite for just $995.50 with 75 OBC, well color me UPGRADED. I have at least a Junior Suite now on that cruise for $95.00 per night/per person before Port Fees and Taxes. (124 and change if you include them too)

I don't think RoyalUp would have given me a $2.00 min bid on a JS. LOL

Added bonus, Quadruple points since I booked this cruise on September 30th 2021 🙂 . 4 day cruise = 16 points!

Edited by binro01
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, chrisby said:

I hope this isn’t a dumb question, but where do I enter a credit card to pay for an upgrade if they accept my bid? I looked on my Cruise Planner account and don’t see a place, unless of course I purchase something. I had a ton of OBC from my cancellation in 2020, still have some actually so I’m not buying anything with a card there. And I know my card that may have been used is no longer valid. Thank you in advance!

When you placed your bid, they ask for CC info. Click your offers to see if you can change it there in RoyalUp

6 minutes ago, binro01 said:

When you placed your bid, they ask for CC info. Click your offers to see if you can change it there in RoyalUp

I did look there, I can change my bid but that’s it. I did up my bid thinking that may trigger a next page asking for the card but it didn’t. I’m leery of canceling my bid and then not being able to enter one again. 

7 minutes ago, chrisby said:

I did look there, I can change my bid but that’s it. I did up my bid thinking that may trigger a next page asking for the card but it didn’t. I’m leery of canceling my bid and then not being able to enter one again. 

If you win your bid and your cc does not go through, Royal will contact you and give you an opportunity to fix it.  Make sure your email address is correct in your profile.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, EllaDuChien said:

If you win your bid and your cc does not go through, Royal will contact you and give you an opportunity to fix it.  Make sure your email address is correct in your profile.

Awesome! Thank you!!