RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

4 hours ago, Piperandleroy said:

I am leaving on a cruise tomorrow. All my bids for Royal Up still say pending. Is that unusual to not know the day before you cruise?

We were never told either way on our bid. Sailed in the cabin we had booked. Good news we were very happy with that cabin.  I did share with Guest Services that the lack of customer service from the RoyalUp company was not a good look for Royal Caribbean.  They said sorry but clear they didn't really care. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/27/2022 at 6:13 PM, moonltnite said:

It would be VERY interesting to know what the algorithm is.  Do they factor in C&A membership?  If bids are the same and from the same current category cabin - is it based on who bid first?   It'd be nice if this process was more transparent. 

C&A status plays no part, this is a purely revenue generating process.  In the case of 2 identical winning bids, the upgrade would ne awarded to the individual with the original cabin, that RC has the most potential revenue possibilities in reselling it.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

C&A status plays no part, this is a purely revenue generating process.  In the case of 2 identical winning bids, the upgrade would ne awarded to the individual with the original cabin, that RC has the most potential revenue possibilities in reselling it.

The minute we were up graded from a GS to OS my original cabin was gone....I assume it also had been reassigned via UpBid.

Twenty days away from my cruise and 9 JS seem to be available,  and just 1 GS and 1 OS. There are tons of ocean view balconies. Anyone care to speculate on my chances of moving up from a balcony to a JS with a slightly over minimum bid? Does it matter that I have a connecting balcony and there are only 2 available in the inventory on the RCCL site? Does that make my balcony more desirable, thus increasing my chances? I know this is a guessing game, but maybe someone has had a similar experience. 

On 1/28/2022 at 8:47 PM, swoopy2110 said:

Currently onboard Odyssey. Got an email last night telling me my RoyalUp from a balcony to a JS for Symphony tomorrow had been accepted. Only put in the minimum (£150pp). Happy days!

Congratulations,  

How did the whole jabs to travel and board go.  Did you have the one to board here or arrange once in USA? 

Hope we can return to USA next year 

So with 9 days to go and two of my three bids have switched from pending to expired.  My 2 bd GS bid still shows pending but I can not modify it anymore. I think this is good sign. I'm sitting on pins and needles waiting for a possible upgrade.  From a reg balcony to 2 bd grand suite would be absolutely amazing.  🙂

• Like 9

20 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

2 days to go, and all of my bids to go up from a GS are still pending, with all suites shown as sold out

I am betting that I will be in the same situation in 2 weeks. All top suites are sold out on our cruise as well so unless someone cancels I won't be RoyaledUp. I am very happy with the GS though! Enjoy your cruise! 

16 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

So with 9 days to go and two of my three bids have switched from pending to expired.  My 2 bd GS bid still shows pending but I can not modify it anymore. I think this is good sign. I'm sitting on pins and needles waiting for a possible upgrade.  From a reg balcony to 2 bd grand suite would be absolutely amazing.  🙂

That is a great sign.  After that happened to us recently on Harmony, within a day we were notified of the successful upgrade. 

• Like 1

We are a little more than two weeks out from our cruise on Explorer and our RoyalUp bid was accepted yesterday! We had a balcony in a great location, deck 12, so only put a bid in for one category - GS 2 bedroom. 😀😀😀 I don't know if it was a good deal for RoyalUp, but I was willing to pay it and based on pricing on the website seems like a heck of a deal. 410pp

• Like 5

I'm curious as to if these upgrades come out of for sale inventory. During this time of reduced capacity is there an available to upgrade hold back?

Been watching what's available on our 2/25 sailing and it was just suites for a while. I saw the royal suite disappear then a balcony appear as the only cabin for sale yesterday.  

I know a bunch of us on our sailing are stuck in a locked pending state for various levels. 

34 minutes ago, Moon Orchid said:

My bid for a 1 bedroom Grant Suite for Symphony next Saturday sailing was accepted yesterday morning. Stayed in Junior Suites before but this will be our first time in a GS. So excited 😊

congratulations! Do you mind if I ask what your winning bid was? I will be sailing on Allure in 22 days. Hoping to move from an ocean view balcony to a Grand Suite. 

46 minutes ago, Moon Orchid said:

My bid for a 1 bedroom Grant Suite for Symphony next Saturday sailing was accepted yesterday morning. Stayed in Junior Suites before but this will be our first time in a GS. So excited 😊

We are on the Symphony on the 26th and someone in our FB group just got her offer accepted 21 days out.  Inside to an OV balcony.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Moon Orchid said:

Congrats! What was your original stateroom?  A Junior suite or a balcony?  Or? 

14 hours ago, jahannah said:

Royal Up opened for bids on Tuesday, 2/1 for my cruise departing 4/3, for anyone wondering how early the bidding can open.  That's 61 days before departure.  Hoping they accept that OS bid!

It really can vary. I've had it open about 3 months prior to sail date.

18 hours ago, rockmom said:

Congrats! What was your original stateroom?  A Junior suite or a balcony?  Or? 

We had a D2 ocean view balcony, I bid on Junior suite and the Grand suite, the Junior suite expired couple days ago then the bid for GS was accepted 😀

• Like 1

18 hours ago, binro01 said:

congratulations! Do you mind if I ask what your winning bid was? I will be sailing on Allure in 22 days. Hoping to move from an ocean view balcony to a Grand Suite. 

At first I bid the minimum $250 for one person for Junior suite, $450 pp for Grand Suite, $550 for Owner Suite. Then about 2 weeks ago they offered up to 50 percent off of the bidding amount on JS and GS. I changed it to $150  for JS and $370 for GS.
We booked the balcony room with a low price because of kids sail free rate. I am happy that with the upgrade my husband and I , we each only paid $1090 and $730 for our 5 years old grandson.Not bad for the GS 😊

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Moon Orchid said:

At first I bid the minimum $250 for one person for Junior suite, $450 pp for Grand Suite, $550 for Owner Suite. Then about 2 weeks ago they offered up to 50 percent off of the bidding amount on JS and GS. I changed it to $150  for JS and $370 for GS.
We booked the balcony room with a low price because of kids sail free rate. I am happy that with the upgrade my husband and I , we each only paid $1090 and $730 for our 5 years old grandson.Not bad for the GS 😊

Excellent information! Enjoy the suite life!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Moon Orchid said:

We had a D2 ocean view balcony, I bid on Junior suite and the Grand suite, the Junior suite expired couple days ago then the bid for GS was accepted 😀

That's fantastic!  Enjoy!  I had bids in for my Symphony sailing in early March, hoping to have your luck.  🙂 

• Like 1

On 1/30/2022 at 2:10 PM, imola said:

We were never told either way on our bid. Sailed in the cabin we had booked. Good news we were very happy with that cabin.  I did share with Guest Services that the lack of customer service from the RoyalUp company was not a good look for Royal Caribbean.  They said sorry but clear they didn't really care. 

I absolutely agree with you. It is not a good look for Royal. For some people this is the first interaction that they have with Royal. Not a good start at all.