Closest Parking to Princess Terminal?

mkerner

16 minutes ago, EDDY0827 said:

Divulging your port of embarcation would be most helpful.

If you are leaving from PE, a berthing number would help. There are several parking garages there.

Looks like it is out of Ft Lauderdale, but that is not enough info.

23 minutes ago, geoherb said:

You'll probably depart from Terminal 2 since December 17 is a Monday. The Port Everglades website will have a schedule posted the week before your cruise. 

OP - the website has a map of the terminals and parking garages/lots.  On Princess ships we have departed and/or returned to/from Terminals 2, 4 and 21 in Port Everglades.  Since it seems that the Royal and Regal depart on the weekends this winter - and have first 'dibs' on Terminal 2 - I think we (we're on the December 17th Crown cruise too) are lucky to be leaving on a Monday and should be at terminal 2.  The North Port garage is right across from the terminal.

Thanks all for the information.  We are leaving from Port Everglades, Ft. Lauderdale.  

I was going to prepay for parking at the pier today, but zI thinl I will now wait until the week before to make sure Terminal 2 is where we embark.

9 hours ago, mkerner said:

We are booked on the Crown Princess for the 12/17 sailing.  Can someone help me with what terminal the Crown Princess docks at and where the closest parking is?

Thanks.

According to the Port Everglades website the Crown Princess will be at pier 2. The closest parking is in the covered garage directly next to the pier off of Eisenhower Blvd. The cost is $15/day, self parking. Information is here. http://www.porteverglades.net/about-us/

There are other off site parking options which can save a little, may $5 to $7/day. They require you take a short shuttle to and from the pier, and they are not covered. 

10 hours ago, mkerner said:

We are booked on the Crown Princess for the 12/17 sailing.  Can someone help me with what terminal the Crown Princess docks at and where the closest parking is?

Thanks.

The Crown is the only Princess ship in port that day, so you will be at Dock 2 and there is a great parking garage right there.  You are on a 10-day and the return date shows that there are no other Princess ships there so you will return to the dock and your car.

8 minutes ago, Grego said:

The Crown is the only Princess ship in port that day, so you will be at Dock 2 and there is a great parking garage right there.  You are on a 10-day and the return date shows that there are no other Princess ships there so you will return to the dock and your car.

Thanks for the heads-up.  How were you able to determine this info?

2 hours ago, mkerner said:

Thanks all for the information.  We are leaving from Port Everglades, Ft. Lauderdale.  

I was going to prepay for parking at the pier today, but zI thinl I will now wait until the week before to make sure Terminal 2 is where we embark.

you can prepay at the Park N Go ... but not sure that you can prepay at the parking garage next to terminal 2

let me know if you are able to do that...as we like to prepay as much as possible before stepping on the ship, of course based on how much OBC we have ...

Edited by voljeep

Booking Park and Go is also cheaper if you pay ahead of time. We used them for our Panama Canal trip a few years ago and have booked a spot for our February cruise, saved something like $50 by reserving and paying ahead.
They have a shuttle which will take you to and from the ship with your luggage. It was really effortless. Good operation and much cheaper than the garages.

https://www.bookparkngo.com/ftlauderdale.php

7 minutes ago, voljeep said:

you can prepay at the Park N Go ... but not sure that you can prepay at the parking garage next to terminal 2

let me know if you are able to do that...as we like to prepay as much as possible before stepping on the ship, of course based on how much OBC we have ...

You can not pre-pay at the Port Everglades parking decks. You take a ticket, store it in a secure place, and pay when you exit.

how can i pay for parking?

Payment can be made with cash or major credit card.

when do i pay for parking?

You will pay for parking after your cruise.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mkerner said:

Park and Go is too far to walk.  

You cannot walk to Park n Go.  You have to ride their free shuttle.  The measured distance that we actually carry our luggage from the ship to the shuttle and then from the shuttle to our car is considerably less than what we would do in the parking garage.

15 minutes ago, thinfool said:

You cannot walk to Park n Go.  You have to ride their free shuttle.  The measured distance that we actually carry our luggage from the ship to the shuttle and then from the shuttle to our car is considerably less than what we would do in the parking garage.

we drop off our luggage with the porters, then park at the adjacent parking garage next to 2 which is right across the street...yes, we pay a little more than the shuttle, but the car is right there and no hassle of getting on a shuttle, them finding your car, checking out, etc

both work, we just like the garage better ... and we have had a porter take out luggage back to our car in the garage after the cruise ... best $ 20 spent on the cruise...

^^

We always park in the covered parking deck at the cruise port. Yes it is a little more expensive than off site parking but we use a porter to assist with our luggage, get us rapidly thru customs, and they bring the luggage right to your vehicle, lift and load it in the trunk and back seat for you. Well worth the $20 tip

Howard

2 hours ago, skynight said:

You can not pre-pay at the Port Everglades parking decks. You take a ticket, store it in a secure place, and pay when you exit.

how can i pay for parking?

Payment can be made with cash or major credit card.

when do i pay for parking?

You will pay for parking after your cruise.

Using the port terminal parking at Port Everglades is quick and easy!  :classic_cool:

1 hour ago, floridalover5623 said:

Ad the most expensive. 😉

During the high season the difference is minimal.  We are on a cruise Dec 17 to 27.   Park and Go is $13 per day; port parking is $15 and much more convenient. 

2 hours ago, floridalover5623 said:

There is other parking besides Park N Go. 

A lot depends on convenience. When we drove from up north we wanted to start our 12 hours drive as early as possible, which meant taking early walk off and getting into our car and on the road right away. The difference in price, around $30/week, was worth it, and only about 1% of the total spent on a cruise. For those that live close by, they have more time and more knowledge of the area. There are lots of choices. It's up to each person what's best for them. There is no correct answer.