EZ Air - mixed seat class possible?

adstz

FYI - I have contacted Princess and gotten a "no" answer but I trust Cruise Critic for the right answer.

I have booked EZ Air for my next cruise.

We are booked business class on all three legs - San Francisco to Heathrow, Heathrow to Shannon and then Heathrow to San Francisco for the return home.

I wanted to save a bit of money and fly economy for Heathrow to Shannon.  It's only a 1 1/2 hour flight so why pay the extra for business class. It would save us a couple of hundred dollars.

For information only - the first 2 flights are booked as one with connection.

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the connecting flight to economy?  Did I get the wrong person at Princess?

The number I called is 800-774-6237.  Does anyone have a better phone number?

Yes, I am answer shopping hoping for the answer I want.

Thanks for the help.

Your first flight is S.F. to Shannon with a connection at Heathrow, correct? I would say that's considered one booking and you can't change class at Heathrow. From experience I would also think that if you look at one way bookings, S.F. to Heathrow, and then Heathrow to Shannon the net fares would be higher.

It would appear to be a SFO to SNN reservation with a LHR connection booked as a single reservation.  

Don’t think there’s anyway (EZair or directly) to change the LHR/SNN flight to economy without making 2 reservations.  And if booking as 2 seperate reservations it might be required to claim luggage at LHR & to check in again.

We experienced this flying to Rome with 2 reservations & had to claim our bags, go through immigration, take our bags to the other airline & check in for our connecting flight to Florence...not a fun experience.

Edited by Astro Flyer

7 hours ago, adstz said:

FYI - I have contacted Princess and gotten a "no" answer but I trust Cruise Critic for the right answer.

I have booked EZ Air for my next cruise.

We are booked business class on all three legs - San Francisco to Heathrow, Heathrow to Shannon and then Heathrow to San Francisco for the return home.

I wanted to save a bit of money and fly economy for Heathrow to Shannon.  It's only a 1 1/2 hour flight so why pay the extra for business class. It would save us a couple of hundred dollars.

For information only - the first 2 flights are booked as one with connection.

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the connecting flight to economy?  Did I get the wrong person at Princess?

The number I called is 800-774-6237.  Does anyone have a better phone number?

Yes, I am answer shopping hoping for the answer I want.

Thanks for the help.

If you want to perhaps save some big bucks, look at booking first class instead of business. We saved a couple thousand for 2 of us from Seattle to Berlin doing that using EZ Air.

Tom

21 minutes ago, paul929207 said:

We have a Booking for next summer. Coach from Greenville, SC to Washington DC and business class for DC to Heathrow. Booked on EZ flight thru Princess.

Oddly - I have booked something similar but purely because Business class was not available or offered on some of the routes. For example - there is no Business class on the plane I left out of.

1 hour ago, Coral said:

Oddly - I have booked something similar but purely because Business class was not available or offered on some of the routes. For example - there is no Business class on the plane I left out of.

That has also happened to us several times

I have booked Premium Economy, which I have had on the long International flight, and then Economy in the shorter flights.

A couple of cases:  I booked EZ Air Premium Economy Montreal-Singapore via Shanghai.  The first leg is in Premium Economy, but the last leg (Shanghai-Singapore - 6 hours) is in Economy and not even in the preferred seats.  Similar in past EZAir on AA, Montreal-Dallas-BuenosAires, the first leg was in Economy and the last in Premium.