S & S in Mailbox

villagenut

Just off Inspiration last Friday and they do not have mail boxes but the room number placard next to the door has enough space behind it to wedge the envelope into. On Splendor last September envelope with keys were in the mail box. So I would thing all sailings from Long Beach are no key at check in.

Ken

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Shaded Lady said:

I noticed that a lot of the European cruises reported that they were given their cards at checkin, not in their mailbox... not sure if that's something unique to Europe or not...

And how many Carnival cruises would that be in Europe?

1 hour ago, evandbob said:

And how many Carnival cruises would that be in Europe?

The newer ships that cruise in Europe before coming to the US? Maybe you’ve heard of some of them... Carnival Vista? Carnival Horizon?

i can only report what I read in several reviews that mentioned getting their cards at checkin.... the same ships that use the mailboxes for S&S cards once they’re in the US.

9 hours ago, Shaded Lady said:

The newer ships that cruise in Europe before coming to the US? Maybe you’ve heard of some of them... Carnival Vista? Carnival Horizon?

i can only report what I read in several reviews that mentioned getting their cards at checkin.... the same ships that use the mailboxes for S&S cards once they’re in the US.

You said:  

• "I noticed that a lot of the European cruises reported that they were given their cards at checkin, not in their mailbox... not sure if that's something unique to Europe or not.

Of course I'm aware that Horizon and Vista had a few sailings prior to coming to NY (I was actually on both ships when they first arrived from the Med).  

I asked my question because a few sailings is not a lot as you chose to post. If they had a total of maybe 10 cruises prior to coming TA to the USA, that is not a lot.  And the Vista was probably before this policy went into effect anyway.  

1 hour ago, evandbob said:

You said:  

• "I noticed that a lot of the European cruises reported that they were given their cards at checkin, not in their mailbox... not sure if that's something unique to Europe or not.

Of course I'm aware that Horizon and Vista had a few sailings prior to coming to NY (I was actually on both ships when they first arrived from the Med).  

I asked my question because a few sailings is not a lot as you chose to post. If they had a total of maybe 10 cruises prior to coming TA to the USA, that is not a lot.  And the Vista was probably before this policy went into effect anyway.  

Okay, since the grammar police and cranky posters are out in full force this weekend, I'll wisely choose not to respond to this post.

To those of you who were interested in what I said and not how I said it, my only question was since these ships obviously did it differently in the US (putting the S&S cards in the mailboxes instead of delivering at checkin) I was wondering if anyone knew whether this was unique to Europe or just a temporary change on a new ship.

1 minute ago, ToriB said:

We were on the Horizon in April for a Mediterranean cruise. We did not receive our Sign and Sail cards at check in. They were in the mailbox. 

Thanks for the update ToriB- I mentioned it because I read that comment in several reviews of ships sailing from the Mediterranean and I wondered why,,,

In the new terminal at Barcelona there is no check in counter. An employee scanned our boarding passes for Horizon at the terminal door. The cards were in the mailbox on the ship. 

Carnival Corporation has two other branded cruise lines in Europe, Costa and Aida, as well as journeys by Cunard,  Holland America, Seabourn, Princess, and P&O. That is a lot of ships, and I would suggest a few might be handling check in at a desk.

find this a little confusing....I don't really handle change well. So, ypu use your boarding pass till can get to room and get S&S card? Do you actually check in at the port? Do they take your picture and enter credit card? 

Edited by drafterdw
spelling

It's not really confusing at all. You check in as always. If you have a passport, it is scanned for your info and picture. If you just have a B.C. they take your picture and board as normal. The only difference is the first couple of drinks you will use your boarding pass bar code. They will know if you have cheers.