Cancelled cruise, 100% loss = no C&A points?

djjoe

22 minutes ago, djjoe said:

Would I be correct in assuming that no C&A points are given for a last minute cancellation for medical reasons?

I lost all the money except taxes of $115. I doesn't seem quite fair.

You have to actually take the cruise to get the points.  Sounds like you didn’t have insurance. Sorry this happened to you but the rules are very specific. 

11 hours ago, gerif said:

Agree with all of the above. If you do not sail, you do not get points. Had you chosen to get insurance, you would be out nothing, but that was your choice. 

Was that bit of snark really necessary???

Edited by Jana
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The insurance statement was accurate. If thev OP had insurance, the original post would not be an issue. 

We we had to cancel a cruise a week or so prior to sailing due to medical issues and received a FULL  refund. We had the simple RCCL insurance. We had to provide a lot of medical paperwork and we waited a few weeks for the refund.  

Back to the OP -sorry you had to cancel for medical issues. 

Can you imagine if you could book a cruise, pay, not sail and get the points!  That would be a great plan for those who have expensive travel to get to a port or can’t get away but want a few points. I guess that would be buying points.   Sometimes the travel is more expensive than the cruise.   We are 3 points from the next level. It would have been great to book a cheap inside cabin on a 3 night cruise and not actually cruise rather than incur expensive air travel, ground transportation, pre cruise hotel,  time away from work, pet boarding, etc. 

m

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Can you imagine if you could book a cruise, pay, not sail and get the points!  That would be a great plan for those who have expensive travel to get to a port or can’t get away but want a few points. I guess that would be buying points.   Sometimes the travel is more expensive than the cruise.   We are 3 points from the next level. It would have been great to book a cheap inside cabin on a 3 night cruise and not actually cruise rather than incur expensive air travel, ground transportation, pre cruise hotel,  time away from work, pet boarding, etc. 

m

Exactly, this would equal an opportunity to buy points and it´s a loss for the cruiseline, as people spend lots of money onboard and onboard revenue is very important for their bottom line.

25 minutes ago, mugtech said:

Saw a person at the Loyalty desk get points for being on a cruise for 2 of the 15 nights before being medevaced off the ship a month before.  She got 4 points because she was in a suite.

So they made an exemption to the rule that you have to finish the cruise to get the points, but they awarded only the nights actually sailed. Sounds like a fair compromise in the extraordinary event.

Still wouldn´t give the OP nothing as they cancelled all together.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Paulxyz2004 said:

So they made an exemption to the rule that you have to finish the cruise to get the points, but they awarded only the nights actually sailed. Sounds like a fair compromise in the extraordinary event.

Still wouldn´t give the OP nothing as they cancelled all together.

I'm not even sure this was a compromise. I believe the rule is "points for nights sailed." She sailed for  two nights in a suite, so she got four points.

7 minutes ago, payitforward said:

I'm not even sure this was a compromise. I believe the rule is "points for nights sailed." She sailed for  two nights in a suite, so she got four points.

She was already a pin, but every point counts.  Word has it she tried to board the ship again on day 8 in Jordan but was refused.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paulxyz2004 said:

I see nothing snarky there but just stating some facts.

I agree with you partially. The fact, "If you do not sail, you do not get points. Had you chosen to get insurance, you would be out nothing."  That is a fact. " The snarky " but that was your choice." That didn't need to be said, I believe the OP understands this. 

Snarky seems to be the normal for 'some" people on forums in general. CC does have it's fair share of dart shooters. 

Try to have a little compassion for others and not go out of your way to make them feel worse than they probably already do.

Happy New Year

Edited by flacplnj
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Paulxyz2004 said:

So they made an exemption to the rule that you have to finish the cruise to get the points, but they awarded only the nights actually sailed. 

There's no such rule that I'm aware of - as soon as you step foot on the ship, you can debark at any day thereafter and get the full points as if you were on the cruise the whole time. People leave ships early all the time and usually get full points.

18 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

There's no such rule that I'm aware of - as soon as you step foot on the ship, you can debark at any day thereafter and get the full points as if you were on the cruise the whole time. People leave ships early all the time and usually get full points.

From the T&C´s of Crown & Anchor:

Cruise Points are awarded to the guest whose name is entered into
the reservation at the time of booking and completes the sailing.

13 minutes ago, Paulxyz2004 said:

From the T&C´s of Crown & Anchor:

Cruise Points are awarded to the guest whose name is entered into
the reservation at the time of booking and completes the sailing.

I think almost everyone who has ever left a cruise early will report that they got full points, including 3 times myself.

3 hours ago, mugtech said:

Saw a person at the Loyalty desk get points for being on a cruise for 2 of the 15 nights before being medevaced off the ship a month before.  She got 4 points because she was in a suite.

So this person was concerned over 4 points when they or someone in their party was being medevaced off the ship. I think my priorities are different then this persons

Edited by molsonschooner
remove a repeated word
  • Like 2