B2B Discount Considered a Promotion?

wrk2cruise

So are you saying that you have experience with getting the b2b discount with Goxxx and another promo?  I have a good agent who gives me great perks but I usually get the Celebrity stuff all lined up before I transfer to him.

Edited by wrk2cruise

I booked a B2B (31 nights total in a Suite) with X and was told when I booked I would get a $100pp B2B discount added.  A few days later I changed from SS1to  SS2 due to improved location and asked about B2B discount -the rep  told  me don’t worry it will be added and you will get and updated invoice in a few days.

We left for a cruise followed by Xmas & during that period I transferred the 1st of the 2 cruises to a  TA.  Monday I remember to check and found that the B2B discount had not been added to either so I too called the Captains Club.  The CC rep was able to get through to the rep in the Customer Outreach Department that had told me the B2B discount would be applied  and as he related to me the reason for no discount - first because I had transferred 1 of the 2 booking to a TA it no longer qualified for the discount??? 

When I responded that if the discount had been applied when it should have been, 4 weeks before I moved the booking then I would have had it & doubted  that it would have been removed.  He checked further and then said that I wasn’t eligible because we had a military discount of $100 and tge B2B discount couldn’t be applied with any other promotion.

Seems they just look for any reason not to give the discount.  

8 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

So are you saying that you have experience with getting the b2b discount with Goxxx and another promo?  I have a good agent who gives me great perks but I usually get the Celebrity stuff all lined up before I transfer to him.

Yes.  I booked a B2B, a transatlantic followed by another 10-night cruise, at Future Cruises.  Celebrity travel agent gave a $100 discount for each of the leg, in addition to the extra OBC for booking onboard.  I then transferred to my travel agent.

Edited by CEOofVacation

Ahhhh, another Celebrity inconsistency.  I have a B2B coming up.  The last South America with perks and the repositioning from South America to San Diego with no perks.  I got $100 and $85.  Why $85?  Who knows?!?!  My travel agent can’t get anyone to tell him why that happened.

7 hours ago, CEOofVacation said:

Yes.  I booked a B2B, a transatlantic followed by another 10-night cruise, at Future Cruises.  Celebrity travel agent gave a $100 discount for each of the leg, in addition to the extra OBC for booking onboard.  I then transferred to my travel agent.

So if you had the booking onboard OBC and GoBig/Better/Best and still got the discount this is the example I was looking for.  I will have my TA try again after I transfer to him.

I really think they are being stupid given the outrageous prices.  Each one of these bookings is almost 10k for a A1 cabin.  They are denying a 1% discount!

Sounds like jelayne was given the same runaround I was.  I added the B2B to another pair of cruises in Oct a couple of days ago.  They said it would take a couple of weeks to post the discount.  I have subsequently transferred those reservations to my TA.  I will have to keep a close eye to make sure to get the discount although it will only be on 1 leg as the other leg is 6 days.

Edited by wrk2cruise

Yes, I have gotten the b2b discount when I have a perk package. But you need to ask about it when you book. If you wait until later to ask, you may or may not get it. Never an issue with booking being with a travel agent. 

I have a B22B2B on board the Eclipse with 3 promos applied to each leg, GOVIRTXXX, GO BIG and Summer Save, booked with a VIRTXXX TA. Also booked with the same TA a B2B on board the Silhouette with 2 promos, GoBIG and Summer Save. Here in CC I knew about the B2B discount, I asked for it, it was denied because here in MX they don't give that discount. Past Summit cruise I asked to the onboard booking gentlemen about this B2B discount if it's valid in MX, at 1st time he didn't know, so he ask to Miami and he says me it's valid worldwide, When I  return from my cruise, I asked again to my TA and again NO. The same answer. In my next Silhouette cruise I have plans to book onboard 1 or 2 B2B's then I really will know the true.

Well when I called today to get the current promo applied ($300 savings per leg) the Captains Club rep on her own said "where is the discount" since the reservations were setup for B2B.  She promptly added the $100 per leg!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Sounds like jelayne was given the same runaround I was.  I added the B2B to another pair of cruises in Oct a couple of days ago.  They said it would take a couple of weeks to post the discount.  I have subsequently transferred those reservations to my TA.  I will have to keep a close eye to make sure to get the discount although it will only be on 1 leg as the other leg is 6 days.

You should still get a B2B discount on the 6 days, just a smaller amount.

16 minutes ago, DebInAntigua said:

Does a B2B discount only apply if your cruises end and then start the next on the same exact day? We have 1 booked that comes back to FLL on Nov 14th, then leave again after 1 night on the Edge, Nov 15th. Is that still considered a B2B?

Welcome to CC. No. B2B (consecutive) cruises are only on the ship on the same TAD day.

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We got a B2B discount of $100 on a 13 night transatlantic and $50 on the  following 7 night cruise. We had already made final payment on the TA so the discount goes back on the credit card used. The $50 discount showed immediately on my invoice. I had to follow up with Captain's Club to make sure it was right.