Allure and Harmony Differences

I know they are practically same ship with the exception of shows and departures. I reading on Harmony and see the Solarium is different , no pool but water misters above that I don’t get. Is it a water misting area?  These are the little differences I’m wanting to find out about. From pictures the solarium doesn’t look as nice as the Allure...maybe it’s just the photos I’ve seen. 

If you’ve sailed both what are the little differences between the two. Harmony doesn’t have the Italian restaurant in Central Park from what I can tell , that was the best meal we had on Allure . I see Starbucks is on the Boardwalk?

thanks in advance!

The Solarium on Allure is nicer IMHO. On Harmony Deck 14 forward is part of the Solarium where on Allure it is outside and sometimes closed due to weather.

Harmony has Jamie's Italian in Central Park, different menu than Giovanni's on Allure. Allure has Samba Grill.

Harmony has the breakout puzzle room and as mentioned the water and dry slides.

There are numerous fine details that are different but not worth considering when making a decision.

Thanks. I loved to Solarium on the Allure so just a little bummed about it not being as nice....I’ll live. We were booked on Allure but it got cancelled due to it gong into dry dock so we picked Harmony. I will have a blast no matter the differences....what’s not to like

One of the differences for me is hanging storage in the staterooms.  Not talking about suites, as I have sailed only in Central Park balconies.  Allure & Oasis have sliding door hanging closets beside the bed (if bed is near bathroom) or beside couch if bed is near balcony.

Harmony & Symphony have closets with hinged doors that open into the room.  They are mounted on either side of bed or couch, depending on which is closer to bathroom.  Not a deal breaker for me.  Price of cruise and port of departure rank higher, but I do prefer the newer closet design.

On Harmony:The "souvenier" shop is on the boardwalk instead of the Promenade.Just regular chairs on the inside of the running track below Aquatheater on deck 5 where Allure has Adirondack chairs beside the railing.Hand washing stations before you enter Windjammer.

13 hours ago, Midwestgal said:

Thanks. I loved to Solarium on the Allure so just a little bummed about it not being as nice....I’ll live. We were booked on Allure but it got cancelled due to it gong into dry dock so we picked Harmony. I will have a blast no matter the differences....what’s not to like

When is Allure going into dry dock?

14 hours ago, Midwestgal said:

Were you booked for Feb. 9th 2020?  That cruise was cancelled because the ship was CHARTERED.  Don't know who chartered the whole ship, but someone said they did the same thing this year, too.

We moved to the 23rd - same itinerary and about $660 less. 😎

Edited by DHADEN

You may prefer the Harmony solarium.  Were you a solarium pool person?  The Harmony solarium is substantially bigger than Allure, which means a lot more seating and areas of peace and quiet.  It's missing the fountains and pool, but again, much bigger. Also missing the fountain under the rising tide, that was removed on Harmony as well.

Bionic bar instead of Champagne Lounge.  A big thing is the kids splashaway bay area.  It's much, much nicer on Harmony than the H2O Zone on Allure.  Along with the water slides and the big dry slide on the back.  Shows will be different, of course.  I liked the Harmony shows better, personally.

But really, the difference between the ships is fairly minimal.  Harmony has some upgrades and is missing a few minor things.  Don't overthink it.

On 1/4/2019 at 8:31 AM, DHADEN said:

Were you booked for Feb. 9th 2020?  That cruise was cancelled because the ship was CHARTERED.  Don't know who chartered the whole ship, but someone said they did the same thing this year, too.

We moved to the 23rd - same itinerary and about $660 less. 😎

No , we were booked for April 26, 2020

On 1/5/2019 at 6:27 AM, kruise runner said:

For the comparison between the two ships. Check Jim Zim's blog. on You Tube .That's what we did. looks like the Harmony of seas for us. Happy cruising.

kruise runner

Okay thanks. We’re for sure on Harmony just curious what the little differences are.

will check out the videos

On 1/3/2019 at 6:55 PM, Midwestgal said:

Depends on what you mean about "not being as nice"... the overall feel of the Solarium is the same, it just has hot tubs instead of a pool.  All the other Solarium elements are there.  

Just off Harmony from NYE cruise. Went on Allure last year. Here are the differences I spotted on the Harmony. Some of these more talked about than others... These are both great ships. The Harmony changes were icing on the cake.

Starbucks relocation to Boardwalk. 

Excursion desk from 2nd layer to old Starbucks location.

WOW bands for purchasing drinks, checking out towels and getting in to room.

The requirement of having some type of card in a slot to keep the lights on.

Moving the bar in Central Park back against the wall. Much better.

Large and better space on the back of 15 for the new MiniBites. 

The Windjammers in the back of the ship felt much larger to me - can't confirm for sure, but felt redesigned and larger.

Windjammer had coffee bar on one side of the ship.

Solarium had three decks with private huts/cubes.

Bionic bar instead of Champagne Lounge.  

Splash-a-way Bay instead of H2O zone.

Water slides

Dual/split closets

Much nicer and modern carpeting and paneling in rooms and hallways.

Harmony lost coffee bar in Central Park Cafe.

Cycling room was a separate walled off space designed for cycling classes.

Removal of Comedy Club. Moved to new "Attic" space that also is used for nightclub.

Diamond Lounge relocation to the old Comedy Club Space. 

Addition of Wonderland where Diamond Club was.

Probably some things I'm not thinking of. That's all that comes to mind...

Cpl questions about Harmony then..

No more comedy club..it was moved to the Attic Night club?..So its a comedy club and then late night club?..what deck is that on now? (I don't see this updated on their deck plans for my Nov19 cruise)

Wow bands used in place of Seapass cards? Do you get a seapass card at all or just a wow band at check in?

1 minute ago, monctonguy said:

Cpl questions about Harmony then..

No more comedy club..it was moved to the Attic Night club?..So its a comedy club and then late night club?..what deck is that on now? (I don't see this updated on their deck plans for my Nov19 cruise)

Wow bands used in place of Seapass cards? Do you get a seapass card at all or just a wow band at check in?

Comedy is still on deck 4.