What is you favorite cruise hack on RCCL

9 hours ago, cgags47 said:

That tripmate looks like it could be a useful item.  Is it easy enough to connect to the Voom network?

5 hours ago, Saman said:

Yes i'm also thinking about getting one if anyone can give us more info .

It’s not intuitive the first time but it’s pretty easy. You have to connect your phone to the tripmate’s WiFi network. Once connected to tripmate, open your browser and go to Tripmate’s admin page (address is on the back of the router), and in there is an option to connect Tripmate to wifi. Select Royal’s wifi network. After tripmate says it has connected, go to login.com and enter your access code, as you normally would. From then on every device connected to hootoo will be able to access the internet since they are connected through the “logged-in-to-voom” device.

I mentioned hootoo here but there are plenty of other brands of travel routers that may be better. I’m not sure if the one I have can clone the MAC address like Bob mentioned, which would be necessary if they blocked it on their network. 

• Like 1

Request a plastic liner be placed into your ice bucket from your stateroom steward. Don't put all of your trust in that a cabin ice bucket is 100% clean/sanitized. Many passengers that can't make it to the bathroom in time to vomit might use that ice bucket instead of the toilet. 

Just a little something to consider. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, bilyclub said:

They used to have a party for suite and top tier C & A on the Allure helipad.  Don't know if they still do.

Deck 14 observation area, above the bridge wings. Go forward in the deck 14 port side passenger corridor through a door.

23548148943_40564e2cef.jpg

I’ll look for this! 

33 minutes ago, ObstructedView2 said:

Request a plastic liner be placed into your ice bucket from your stateroom steward. Don't put all of your trust in that a cabin ice bucket is 100% clean/sanitized. Many passengers that can't make it to the bathroom in time to vomit might use that ice bucket instead of the toilet. 

Just a little something to consider. 

IME, ice buckets are either supplied freshly filled with ice (after having been cleaned), or a baggie is already supplied, or both.

Never seen ice just dumped into a questionable container.

• 2 weeks later...

These were ones I used from the CCL thread the OP mentioned that worked for us! 

Take cheese sampler to-go from mdr back to cabin at night.  Either a late night snack with wine or pair with room service the next morning for breakfast on the balcony.  I will bring a small plastic container this upcoming cruise so it doesn’t take up room in the fridge.

Use soft serve ice cream as coffee creamer.

Purchase small inflatable floats from Dollar Store.  Easy to inflate yourself/deflate.  Use during excursions to the beach.  

• Like 4

Why does book an inside room fit in this category?  We read about the underwear and throwing it away but then did not want the room steward to have to take care of our discarded underwear (just a silly quirk I guess).  I always take a larger plastic bag to put dirty clothes in because most times all clothing is not worn and I do not want to mix dirty with clean.  We also take a small first aid kit with band aids, q-tips, antibacterial cream, motion sickness tablets, aspirin, or whatever you think you might need.  That has saved us many times.  We have added cough drops just in case.  Magnets have never seemed to work for us but have loved some of the other ideas.

On 1/11/2019 at 5:46 PM, Island2Girl said:

Can we talk about the other taboo subject? How are the rum runners working on RCI? 

I don't know PERSONALLY, but I have HEARD, that they work fine.

Of course I would NEVER take one of a nice single malt for a wee dram on the balcony in the evening.  Even though we typically get the drink package.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As far as travel steamers, we made it on Oasis in October 2016 with one, but it was confiscated on Serenade in November 2018. Both were out of Fort Lauderdale.

Also, the Helipad on Serenade was a GREAT place to hang out for the sail away.

Edited by Loyal2Royal83

On 1/11/2019 at 6:54 AM, matj2000 said:

There are already several threads out there with this same sort of topic...….

Hey, it's ten times better than the "current cruise directors" or "current captains on what ships" etc type boring posts.....

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, SRF said:

I don't know PERSONALLY, but I have HEARD, that they work fine.

Of course I would NEVER take one of a nice single malt for a wee dram on the balcony in the evening.  Even though we typically get the drink package.

Thank you for your insight!

On 1/12/2019 at 8:13 AM, fizzywm said:

It’s not intuitive the first time but it’s pretty easy. You have to connect your phone to the tripmate’s WiFi network. Once connected to tripmate, open your browser and go to Tripmate’s admin page (address is on the back of the router), and in there is an option to connect Tripmate to wifi. Select Royal’s wifi network. After tripmate says it has connected, go to login.com and enter your access code, as you normally would. From then on every device connected to hootoo will be able to access the internet since they are connected through the “logged-in-to-voom” device.

I mentioned hootoo here but there are plenty of other brands of travel routers that may be better. I’m not sure if the one I have can clone the MAC address like Bob mentioned, which would be necessary if they blocked it on their network. 

Anyway you could post an Amazon link to the one you have or one that will work. I would like to order one. Thank you. 

Is this it?

HooToo Wireless Travel Router, FileHub, 10400mAh External Battery, USB Port, High Performance Travel Charger - TripMate Titan 300Mbps (Not a Hotspot) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074LHG47K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_Og8rCb9W5D328

Edited by rhinomike
  • Like 1

On 1/11/2019 at 2:53 PM, bilyclub said:

Almost all cabins on Royal have shower doors if they have a shower. J/S have the bathtub/shower combination. 

Maybe on the newer ships, but most of the older ones still have the shower curtains in cabins.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, johnjen said:

Leaving a towel and an old unwanted book on a deck chair to reserve for later use😁:classic_unsure:

Not a good or considerate hack. It's called being a chair hog. It is not fair to "reserve" chairs if you are not planning to use them until "later" !

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bilyclub said:

Ok,  6 out of the 25 in the current fleet have shower curtains.

8 ships

Empress

Majesty

Vision class (only 4 left)

Radiance

Brilliance.

So about 1/3 of the fleet.

13 hours ago, rhinomike said:

Anyway you could post an Amazon link to the one you have or one that will work. I would like to order one. Thank you. 

Is this it?

HooToo Wireless Travel Router, FileHub, 10400mAh External Battery, USB Port, High Performance Travel Charger - TripMate Titan 300Mbps (Not a Hotspot) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074LHG47K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_Og8rCb9W5D328

That's one of the models they make and should work well if you want to carry it around with you. I have the TM-02, which doesn't have its own battery. It is smaller and lighter but you would need to attach an external battery if you want to use it on the go. https://smile.amazon.com/HooToo-Wireless-Performance-TripMate-Hotspot/dp/B00HZWOQZ6

• Like 1