Medallion on new Sky Princess?

hollydog

We’re sailing the Sky in November & haven’t received any information about having an operational OM system.

Based on how long it’s taken to get the Regal operational it’d be surprising to have OM operational on my cruise a couple of weeks after the inaugural sailing.  Regal cruises in November have a MedallionClass Vacation banner at the top; Sky cruises do not contain that notation.

I’m confident that the OM system will be installed although based on current available information it won’t be operational on my cruise.  Looked at couple of Sky cruises in early 2020 that don’t indicate they’re a MedallionClass Vacation having OM.

If you watch the Introducing Sky Princess video on the Princess website, at the end of the video it mentions MedallionClass and shows video of people using the technology.  Not to say that it won't be ready when the Sky is launched but it would seem like it has at least been built Medallion ready.

https://www.princess.com/cruise-tips-vacation-ideas/video/cruise-ships/sky.html

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, masterty said:

December Christmas/NYE cruise shows it will be a Medallion cruise. So something must have changed. . 

Yes things have changed, she will receive the ocean medallion from the get go.

See Below:

https://www.cruisecritic.com.au/news/3674/

"Sky Princess will have Ocean Medallion when it launches in October."

PRINCESS MEDALLIONCLASS™

Now on Caribbean Princess® and coming soon to Regal Princess® (2/17/19), Royal Princess® (4/13/19), Crown Princess® (7/24/19), Sky Princess® (10/27/19) and Enchanted Princess℠ (6/19/20).
Edited by DDG 41
  • Like 1

As of the Princess video released last week at her official launching, Sky princess is the first new ship built from the keel up to integrate Medallion. Personally, I am happy with the old cruise card. But, time marches on. Which is why my car locks the doors and beeps it's horn at me when ever IT wants. We love gimmicks.

I think that within two years people will be saying how happy they are with the Ocean Medallion Program.  I know I loved using it on Caribbean Princess two weeks ago and can't wait to use it again

On 3/2/2019 at 8:36 AM, AF-1 said:

I think that within two years people will be saying how happy they are with the Ocean Medallion Program.  I know I loved using it on Caribbean Princess two weeks ago and can't wait to use it again

I will be on the Sky in November and was excited to see we will be able to experience Ocean Medallion and the faster internet, MedallionNet. I’ve been curious about how drinks and food are ordered/delivered using the medallion. Drinks I can see being delivered, but what food are you able to order through it? Also, what does the bracelet holder for the medallion cost? 

You can order room service with the app and drinks from your stateroom or one of the on board bars.  I used it a few weeks ago on Caribbean Princess. WiFi is fast. 

11 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

My Oct/Nov cruise only lists minutes to purchase for the internet. No MedallionNet.

It will show up closer to your sail date. Medallion net could not be purchased on my cruise up until 120 days prior.  Since the ship has not been commissioned yet; Princess will wait to ensure the ship is ready to go

Edited by AF-1

1 minute ago, AF-1 said:

It will show up closer to your sail date. Medallion net could not be purchased on my cruise up until 120 days prior.  Since the ship has not been commissioned yet; Princess will wait to ensure the ship is ready to go

Thanks.

One would think they could list it anyway and just not offer it for sale yet especially on a brand new ship.

4 hours ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

I will be on the Sky in November and was excited to see we will be able to experience Ocean Medallion and the faster internet, MedallionNet. I’ve been curious about how drinks and food are ordered/delivered using the medallion. Drinks I can see being delivered, but what food are you able to order through it? Also, what does the bracelet holder for the medallion cost? 

Not sure of cost for bracelet. Thehave an ocean medallion shop set up for people who want to buy bracelet, pin, or different lanyards.  I just used the lanyard they gave me.