CHEERS & HALF MOON CAY ?

Cruisegirl6

Hello,

I am coming back to Carnival sailing in three weeks, my question:

Rumor has it when you have the Cheers program when you are in port/port days there is no limited (15 alcoholic drinks) per day, is this true?

In half moon cay I recall a bar there is the Cheers package included there?

Does anybody know what they serve for lunch on Half Moon Cay, anything besides burgers and hot dogs and fries?  

24 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Hello,

Rumor has it when you have the Cheers program when you are in port/port days there is no limited (15 alcoholic drinks) per day, is this true?

Does anybody know what they serve for lunch on Half Moon Cay, anything besides burgers and hot dogs and fries?  

it's a bad rumor

Thanks but the weather there is under 80 degrees certainly for us living in Florida that is too cold to go in.  On another note your right I be missing out looking at that beautiful water, I guess I play it be ear now that you brought that in my mind.

39 minutes ago, sapphire_407 said:

I was there last Monday.  They also served jerk chicken and some salads and desserts. 

To add on, I believe there was a couscous salad. 

People will complain about the food as they do for everything else. It was fine (I love jerk chicken). It's quite refreshing to go to a port where you can reach a nice beach and not have to pay $50+ for a taxi and lunch. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Thanks but the weather there is under 80 degrees certainly for us living in Florida that is too cold to go in.  On another note your right I be missing out looking at that beautiful water, I guess I play it be ear now that you brought that in my mind.

Under 80 degrees?!?!?

Feh!!!  It’s 20 in Buffalo right now, I’d kill for anything over 50.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Micah's Grandad said:

You can drink as much as you want but you do get to pay for your drinks. they do not seem to know how to handle cheers while at HMC or perhaps they do not want to

The Cheers package is only valid on the ship. It cannot be used at HMC or anywhere else off of the ship. If it could be used while in port, there would be fewer drunk pier runners in Cozumel, among other places. :classic_wink:

3 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Hello,

To answer your last question, here's a video (from Youtube) that gives a good overview of what you'll see at HMC, including the barbecue lunch.

• Like 3

Since HMC is owned by Carnival the Cheers program should be valid there...this was the deciding factor as to why we are not purchasing it for our upcoming cruises. We don't drink enough to justify it on port days at all. Very disappointed when I heard we would have to buy our drinks there after paying $850 on a drink package.

• Like 2

HMC is owned by Holland America, not by Carnival. Carnival only uses it when its available. Holland America gets first dibs.

There's a simple reason Cheers isn't available. All orders are written down, not put in a computer, so there's no way to track usage on the island. They aren't put into the computer until everyone is back on the ship.

2 hours ago, beachbum53 said:

The Cheers package is only valid on the ship. It cannot be used at HMC or anywhere else off of the ship. If it could be used while in port, there would be fewer drunk pier runners in Cozumel, among other places. :classic_wink:

The difference is Carnival Corp owns Half Moon Cay.

Will say HMC is a beautiful island not to be missed

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1025cruise said:

HMC is owned by Holland America, not by Carnival. Carnival only uses it when its available. Holland America gets first dibs.

There's a simple reason Cheers isn't available. All orders are written down, not put in a computer, so there's no way to track usage on the island. They aren't put into the computer until everyone is back on the ship.

Guess who owns Holland America?

Yep, Carnival Corp.

So they could make this work, if they wanted.

As for "written orders", "no computerized system", etc...another false pretense.  They could fix that if they wanted.  Other cruise lines seemed to have overcome that technology gap.

But it benefits Carnival financially to not address this issue.  So why would they?

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

We are purchasing the Cheers package.  Do you think my husband and I would be able to order a couple mimosas in the morning on the ship, transfer them to a thermos, and 5 minutes later order a couple more mimosas to put in the thermos?  Would I be able to take the thermos to Half Moon Cay?

• Like 1