First time on RC - Questions - Suite

rhinomike

Hello...l.  First time ver here on the RC boards. We are ready to book today sailing in July. We fly to London on July 5th. Then we would board Explorer of the Seas for a 14 day cruise. Our main port we are excited about s St. Petersburg, Russia. Our first time on RC. We are Platinum on  Carnival and NCL but newbies to RC. Any recommendations or secrets when booking?  Any big differences?

We are thinking about booking a suite (Grand or Owners). Are the perks worth it?  I know NCL has excellent perks.  Curious about RC perks. Maybe we should just stick with a balcony room and save the money???

Me and my wife want to get a suite and then put our three college age kids in a regular room near us. NCL and Carnival lets us include them in our perks. Will RC allow them to be included or would I also need to book them a suite? 

Sorry so many newbie questions from a seasoned cruiser. Lol. 

9 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Correct, suite perks are only for those booked in the suite.

Ok. Thank you. Is there a price I could pay to include them n our perks or would I just have to book them into a suite?  If that is the case I would probably just put us all in balcony rooms. Unless you have better suggestions or think the suites are worth the extra $15k for the five of us. Thank you. 

8 minutes ago, rhinomike said:

Ok. Thank you. Is there a price I could pay to include them n our perks or would I just have to book them into a suite?  If that is the case I would probably just put us all in balcony rooms. Unless you have better suggestions or think the suites are worth the extra $15k for the five of us. Thank you. 

Does your sailing have the Key pkg?  You get some perks that way

9 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I booked the flights. My wife is doing the cruise. I will ask her. Thank you. 

What are the perk differences between the key program and suites?

Edited by rhinomike
Added

3 minutes ago, rhinomike said:

I booked the flights. My wife is doing the cruise. I will ask her. Thank you. 

What are the perk differences between the key program and suites?

Suites get access to Suite Lounge.  Coffee all day, booze in the evening.  They also get private breakfast on most ships.  There may be a Suites party one day.

45 minutes ago, rhinomike said:

Hello...l.  First time ver here on the RC boards. We are ready to book today sailing in July. We fly to London on July 5th. Then we would board Explorer of the Seas for a 14 day cruise. Our main port we are excited about s St. Petersburg, Russia. Our first time on RC. We are Platinum on  Carnival and NCL but newbies to RC. Any recommendations or secrets when booking?  Any big differences?

We are thinking about booking a suite (Grand or Owners). Are the perks worth it?  I know NCL has excellent perks.  Curious about RC perks. Maybe we should just stick with a balcony room and save the money???

Me and my wife want to get a suite and then put our three college age kids in a regular room near us. NCL and Carnival lets us include them in our perks. Will RC allow them to be included or would I also need to book them a suite? 

Mike, the Explorer does not offer all that much in the way of perks. 

In your situation I would book connecting larger balcony cabins (unless boy #3 would prefer a Pullman/bunk bed to a sofa bed, then that’s the regular balcony category). Those Baltic cruises (and 5 flights! 😳) are expensive enough, and shore excursions won’t be cheap either. 

13 hours ago, rhinomike said:

Just a question to you as a NCL cruiser.  I thought the Haven was only accessible to guests booked in the Haven.  You booked a Haven cabin for you and your wife, a non Haven cabin for the kids and NCL let the kids have all the Haven perks without being in a Haven cabin?  

On 1/21/2019 at 9:12 AM, Merion_Mom said:

Mike, the Explorer does not offer all that much in the way of perks. 

In your situation I would book connecting larger balcony cabins (unless boy #3 would prefer a Pullman/bunk bed to a sofa bed, then that’s the regular balcony category). Those Baltic cruises (and 5 flights! 😳) are expensive enough, and shore excursions won’t be cheap either. 

Ok. Thank you for the advice. Just booked two connecting balcony rooms. 

On 1/21/2019 at 8:53 AM, John&LaLa said:

I asked our Senior Advisor and he had never heard of the key package. I explained to him what you said and he said no such thing. Strange. He was a senior advisor we were transfered to because it was a large transaction. $18k. Ouch. 

13 minutes ago, Teacher42 said:

Dear Rhino,  Do not believe Explorer has the suite amenities , let alone the deck space to provide a Key program. Your senior advisor may be right. Try MM post #9 suggestions, she is occasionally right.

Yes. Thank you. I just booked it. I did exactly what she said. $18k. For two weeks. Two connecting balcony rooms. 

36 minutes ago, Teacher42 said:

Dear Rhino,  Do not believe Explorer has the suite amenities , let alone the deck space to provide a Key program. Your senior advisor may be right. Try MM post #9 suggestions, she is occasionally right.

Wh as t does deck space have to do with it?