Has anyone walked from Terminal 18 to Terminal 25 at Port Everglades.

Bocabeach

We are doing a Adventure of the Seas cruise after a Celebrity Edge cruise, and were wondering the same thing.

Someone suggested taking the parking shuttle from the Edge, to the main parking deck, then taking another shuttle from the main parking deck to the Adventure.

Is this really something you could do???

5 hours ago, rakes5 said:

We are doing a Adventure of the Seas cruise after a Celebrity Edge cruise, and were wondering the same thing.

Someone suggested taking the parking shuttle from the Edge, to the main parking deck, then taking another shuttle from the main parking deck to the Adventure.

Is this really something you could do???

Not sure I know of a "main" parking deck. What cruise terminal will Edge use? 

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Not sure I know of a "main" parking deck. What cruise terminal will Edge use? 

Mid Port serves 19, 25, 26, with a shuttle to 29 based on the signage I saw. Virtually impossible to walk from mid port to 29 because of container yard

4 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

Edge uses 25 and Adventure 29.

According to this website about "Post Everglades:

http://cruiseporteverglades.us/port-everglades-parking/

• Terminals 19, 21, 25, 26  and 29 parking

The multilevel midport parking garage is the preferred parking for these terminals. When full, you will be directed to the Terminal 19 surface parking lot. Drop your luggage/passengers first! There are free shuttle buses between the midport parking areas and Terminal 29.

So does mean its possible to easily walk the midport garage from Terminal 25, and then catch a shuttle to Terminal 29?

or, is there also a shuttle from Terminal 25?

Port-Shipside-Parking-web.jpg

Edited by rakes5

11 hours ago, Bocabeach said:

TeeRick, thank you for telling me your experience. We will be in a suite on Harmony and will ask our suite concierge to contact Guest Services. 

Know been couple years but last time I did Side by Side here Concierge wouldn't. Not that matters, 5min cab and was there so early next Terminal the outside doors were still locked until about 10:25. 

Edited by ONECRUISER

2 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Know been couple years but last time I did Side by Side here Concierge wouldn't. Not that matters, 5min cab and was there so early next Terminal the outside doors were still locked until about 10:25. 

The suite concierge arranged it with Guest Services.  It was just a little over a week ago (Jan 20) when we came off Harmony and transferred to Edge.  They had others on the list doing the same thing. 

2 hours ago, Bocabeach said:

I think doing what Teerick advised above is best: contact Guest Services onboard. Since Celebrity and RCCL are under the same corporate family, I’m sure that they will help us out. 

That really should be the preferred way to do it for everybody.  No cost- but we tipped the courtesy van driver.  No need to come up with alternatives.  By the way with this method you will get to terminal 25 pretty early. We were there by 9:30.  Not a problem.  The suite check in area upstairs has comfortable seating, coffee/tea water and soft drinks.  Light bites and pastries.  The check in is at your seat- somebody comes over with an iPad and does everything.  When we were allowed on Edge about 10:30 AM we were allowed to go right to our suite and drop off our carry-on bags.  We got our Sea Pass Cards there and then went directly to the beautiful Retreat area.  Have a great cruise!

30 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

The suite concierge arranged it with Guest Services.  It was just a little over a week ago (Jan 20) when we came off Harmony and transferred to Edge.  They had others on the list doing the same thing. 

Good deal. Last few yrs do B2B2B'S but might do a Side by Side this Fall. Did you have to wait for doors at Terminal to open? Got off Serenade end of Nov the Day Edge first arrived. Had late flight so sat in Concierge fellow passengers who were going over to Edge. They took Taxi as we had get off B4 930am and Terminal doors aren't open until 10:20-30....

On 1/28/2019 at 9:19 AM, John&LaLa said:

Royal did a shuttle between Adventure  29, and Harmony 18, yesterday. There is a shuttle between 29 and the mid port garage.  I think that garage serves 25.  So, does Royal do a shuttle from 18 to the mid port garage?

That's great if they do a shuttle between the two locations.  As I mentioned above, I know we are departing from 18 and since the Harmony will be in port when we return, the Majesty will probably dock at 29.  Our practice, with Princess, was if we are returning to a different dock we would drop the luggage and then park at the returning location taking their shuttle back to the departure dock.  If there is a shuttle with RCL between 18 and 29, then we would park near 29 and take the shuttle back to 18.  What would be the closest parking area to 29 or is it mid-port?

I have done a s2s before twice.  The first time I asked about a shuttle to the next ship without much luck(maybe added since).  I was helped by a porter who talked to a bus going to the next ship.  The 2nd time I knew there was sidewalk it was a nice day so just walked with luggage in tow.  I would not walk from port 29 as it is not suitable.  The other terminals royal uses would be okay.  For ease though it is probably best to take a cab and tip them well.

We traveled on the Adventure in December.  It was at terminal 29 both at embarkation & debarkation.  The only parking option was the mid-port garage.  I dropped off my son and the luggage, drove to the garage, parked.  There were signs at the garage directing me to a shuttle going back to 29.  When we got back to 29, picked up luggage, thru security very quickly and got right on a shuttle (with our luggage) back to the garage.  It was very well organized.  I do not recommend walking from the midport garage (term 18) to term 29.  It did not look passenger friendly terrain.  Not sure about 25.

Edited by PigsCanFly
extra return

My guess now is that we drop off our luggage at 18 and park there at that terminal.  When we return to location 29 we take the shuttle to 18, collect the car and drive over to 29 and pick up the gals and the luggage.  I can't see walking over to mid-port parking from either 18 or 29.

3 minutes ago, Grego said:

My guess now is that we drop off our luggage at 18 and park there at that terminal.  When we return to location 29 we take the shuttle to 18, collect the car and drive over to 29 and pick up the gals and the luggage.  I can't see walking over to mid-port parking from either 18 or 29.

Or you can use one of the offsite parking companies and they will drop off and pick up at all terminals.

Guest Services set us up for transport between Harmony and Adventure on our recent January 2019 B2B.

We disembarked Harmony, waited a while, was directed to board a "shuttle" which was really a big bus that took pax/crew/contractors to FLL first, other ships (Celebrity and HAL) and then Adventure. Took roughly 1.5 hours. If we had to do it again, we'd actually WALK it with our carry-on sized luggage since the ships are pretty much next door to each other. Or use Uber/Lyft. YMMV.

• 2 months later...

From our experience on 4/7/19

For RCL ships only, to transfer between terminals at port Everglades and/or port Miami,

1) fill in the Departure Requests Form that is sent to your cabin on the 2nd day. Select option 4. Do this immediately. Drop it off in the box by the Guest Services desk (don’t hand in to your cabin attendant or to concierge). This is important. This information will be entered into the RCL system. 

2) on the disembarkation day, as soon as you exit Customs (by 9 am), turn right where all the buses park, look for a RCL agent with a list of the transferring passengers at the dispatcher booth (by the Suites sign). Your name should be on the list. 

3) Around 9:30 am, the dispatcher notified that the transfer bus arrived and dropped us off at 9:40 am at terminal 25 where the Edge ship is docked.

On 1/25/2019 at 4:04 PM, Bocabeach said:

We will be disembarking Harmony of the Seas in terminal 18 in April and immediately embarking Celebrity Edge in terminal 25. From Google maps, it’s about 0.7 mile and takes about 14 mins. We only have carryon luggages. I have not checked with either RCCL or Celebrity for transfers in between terminals. I’m aware that taxi or Uber/Lyft is always an option. I would appreciate any advice.

I have done it this January, not to the Edge but the Koningdam, which is across from the Edge.  I am 74 years of age had carry on plus a full size suitcase to pull.  I would recommend taking a bottle of water to quench your thirst. 

Please read above post # 46 where I wrote specific instructions on how to get a complimentary transfer between terminals for RCCL ships. Ours was seamless and the wait was reasonable, within 15 mins. Make sure to fill in the departure requests form, drop off in the box by the guest services desk (not to the concierge or the room attendant), disembark the ship by 9 am and let the dispatcher (located by the Suites sign) know of your presence. She will do her utmost to get you on the right bus.