I am booked on the Mardi Gras!!!

Jamman54

I just checked out the Horizon description of Havana. It's worded Havana Bar & Pool just like it is for Mardi Gras. No mention of hot tubs even though they are there. Is it possible what we see in the deck plan will actually be pool and hot tubs together like Horizon and Vista?

Screenshot_20190131-084004_Chrome.jpg

Edited by mdin

2 hours ago, CruzCrazy said:

I've always been intrigued with forward-facing cabins.  We've been in a 6K before on the Glory (suite suite with floor-to-ceiling windows at an oceanview price) and loved the forward-facing view.  We've also been in 4J's on Breeze and Horizon, and, although I love the close-by forward observation deck, when the ship is underway it's very windy out there. 

I have a spa forward-facing extended-balcony on hold on Mardi Gras.  I'm starting to second-guess myself about it because I'm afraid it will be too windy to enjoy the balcony while the ship is sailing.  The website description says there are patio chairs and table on the balcony, but I remember seeing chairs tied down in stacks on the other ships in that location (albeit more open and not partitioned off like these will be on Mardi Gras).  I realize they were just "extras" being stowed there, but now that I think about it, those light-weight loungers would blow all over the place if they weren't tied down. 

Here is the deck plan for the area I'm talking about.  I guess I know it will be windy, but do you think it will be a situation where you can't sit out there and enjoy while the ship is sailing?  I know it will be fantastic when entering and leaving port.

Congrats to the OP for grabbing a hump!  🌞

Untitled1.png

We too are booked into a forward balcony on Mardi Gras, deck 14 for us.  That deck choice was intentional - it is not the deck directly below the bridge (it is the one below that), so there will be less overhang from the bridge, but it is high enough to be as far away as possible from the outside walkway that wraps around the front on deck 8.  But being close to the overhang for the bridge will also hopefully put us into a slightly dead-air zone.  I am also thinking/hoping they are going to design the balcony partitions better to control air movement.

When we sailed into San Juan on Sunshine we went to one of the forward so-called secret decks that was very open, and the air movement was not too bad.  Yeah, a bit breezy, but not howling in your face blustery.  We got there a good 45 min or more before we passed the harbor entrance, so we were still a fair ways out, well beyond the harbor pilot boat waiting position, so the ship hadn't slowed completely down to "harbor speed", probably going at least 10 kts (vs standard cruising speed of 20 kts).

I am hoping that will be the conditions that occur often enough for the forward facing balcony.

I also chose one of the cabins rights on the center line - I figure the balcony is biggest there, and the breeze should be less than at the sides where the air is trying harder to squeeze around the side of the ship.

I suppose I shall find out in April 2021!

Hi everyone! 

Does anyone happen to know if there's a difference between the regular interior cabin and the square ones found on the Mardi Gras? The picture shows the two square type cabins in the Havana area and am wondering if there's a difference either in size or amenities? Tried looking up similar deck plans, but couldn't find much. Any help is appreciated. Thanks! 2027914374_ScreenShot2019-01-31at9_16_57AM.png.08429a69c0490b34afc03c9660b535cb.png

7 minutes ago, edudansil said:

Hi everyone! 

Does anyone happen to know if there's a difference between the regular interior cabin and the square ones found on the Mardi Gras? The picture shows the two square type cabins in the Havana area and am wondering if there's a difference either in size or amenities? Tried looking up similar deck plans, but couldn't find much. Any help is appreciated. Thanks! 2027914374_ScreenShot2019-01-31at9_16_57AM.png.08429a69c0490b34afc03c9660b535cb.png

My guess is that the rooms are essentially the same square footage, but re-arranged because of the ship infrastructure in the gray areas.  So you will still have a bathroom with shower, there will be two beds than can go together to make a "king" sized bed (closer to queen, IMHO), and a small table with fridge.  Lemme see if I can find something similar on another ship for you to compare...

3 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

My guess is that the rooms are essentially the same square footage, but re-arranged because of the ship infrastructure in the gray areas.  So you will still have a bathroom with shower, there will be two beds than can go together to make a "king" sized bed (closer to queen, IMHO), and a small table with fridge.  Lemme see if I can find something similar on another ship for you to compare...

Look at deck 8 of Horizon.  That has several square rooms.  The amenities look identical to the other rectangular rooms in the same classes.

3 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Awesome. Thanks so much. Anything would be helpful. I figured as much, but wanted to get some feedback before committing. Thanks again! 

14 hours ago, barbatkins said:

Booked an 8B this am....  called  Crucon and was able to get their free gratuities promotion by letting her book it....

Glad I saw your post.  Just spoke with them on the phone and although I booked directly with Carnival last night - I can transfer the booking to them today and get free gratuities!  Whew!  Today is the last day for that promo.  Thank you!!!!

6 minutes ago, consmarci said:

If you transfer your booking, do you lose the Carnival onboard credit that came with the booking through Carnival? How does it work when you transfer a booking? Thanks for your help

That depends on a few factors. If the deal is still going on, you're good. If it's not and there are no OBC deals at the moment, then you lose the OBC. At least that was how it was explained to me when I changed from Alaska 2019 to 2020.

21 minutes ago, consmarci said:

If you transfer your booking, do you lose the Carnival onboard credit that came with the booking through Carnival? How does it work when you transfer a booking? Thanks for your help

Nope!  Got the $250 reduced deposit and $200 obc from Carnival, plus the free gratuities from CruCon.

20 minutes ago, five. said:

That depends on a few factors. If the deal is still going on, you're good. If it's not and there are no OBC deals at the moment, then you lose the OBC. At least that was how it was explained to me when I changed from Alaska 2019 to 2020.

Exactly.  Today is the last day of the deal for free gratuities.

We booked "inside cabin #10396" for both the Inaugural cruise and the Trans Atlantic.  Looks like a balcony cabin, but Carnival rep said it wasn't.  I guess I'll have to wait until the official deck plan come out on the Carnival site to confirm.

Mardi Gras 10396.jpg

Edited by thalliday

We booked yesterday too !!!  Havana Cabana 8290.  Can not wait.  I have been looking at these for awhile and we decided to pull the trigger for my 50th birthday !!!  I am trying not to regret this booking yet because one huge benefit was the Havana Pool.  So far it does not look like this ship will have one.  I am hoping that is not the case.

1 minute ago, wardwhitty said:

We booked yesterday too !!!  Havana Cabana 8290.  Can not wait.  I have been looking at these for awhile and we decided to pull the trigger for my 50th birthday !!!  I am trying not to regret this booking yet because one huge benefit was the Havana Pool.  So far it does not look like this ship will have one.  I am hoping that is not the case.

It does have one albeit that it looks pretty small.  It is listed as SPA, starboard side.

2 hours ago, edudansil said:

Hi everyone! 

So do a search on youtube for square cabins on Carnival Magic cabin 6365 and you can see actual video of the square cabin layout.  Not positive that it will be the same but it does give you an idea of possible layout.  We also booked the square shaped interior vs traditional long skinny type on Deck 10 right across from the ocean suites above the atrium.  We actually had booked one of the sideways interior cabins on the Breeze couple of years ago and really liked the additional room space it provided.  Hope these will also be roomier. 😁

It went great. We are booked on the Inaugural and Transatlantic. I transferred both over...got the free gratuities on the Inaugural and 200.00 extra onboard credit on the Transatlantic. He couldn't have been nicer. He says they are slammed today. 

Thank you to the original poster mentioning Crucon. We saved over 400.00 with this transfer and it is much appreciated!