I am booked on the Mardi Gras!!!

Jamman54

19 hours ago, Snowbath said:

Although it’s the same size and location, it’s listed as a pool on Carnival’s deck plans.

f8e3719bd1c607c85e5ac91cd9d3386b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are correct< I was looking at the hijacked early release floor plans

20 hours ago, consmarci said:

Yes, just call them and let them know you want to transfer the booking. It is done all the time, evidently, to get the perks that agencies offer. It does take away your ability to call Carnival with issues/ price reductions etc in the future, since you have to go with the agent, but in this case, since both of my categories are already sold out, I felt it was worth it. An agent will call you back, get all of your info and it was done within a half hour. Gotta say, they were terrific, efficient and a pleasure to work with. 

Thank you so much!

I was able to transfer my reservation, keeping my 200 on board credit and get the prepaid gratuities from crucon! I so appreciate you taking time to provide the extra info, I had a great experience with them too!

So, my PVP called me at 7pm telling me that I was his first call and that I could book my cruise now. We'll be on the first cruise from Port Canaveral on October 16th 2020. It's an 8 day cruise going to San Juan, St. Thomas, Amber Cove, and Grand Turk. The following cruises will be 7 days. He told me that there will be some Med cruises and a TA. We booked an 8J Deluxe Balcony on Deck 11 (11358). Got $200 OBC and a 50% deposit. (ES) rate. We are so excited!!! :classic_biggrin:
Looking forward to your review on this Jeff :)

Sent from my SM-J415G using Tapatalk

Hello Fans of Mardi Gras!

i just booked October 16, 2020 for our group. I’m Platinum, booked balcony on deck 11 very close to Jeff.

this is my 27th Carnival Cruise!! Let’s start a meet and greet on the board. I live in Florida - looking so forward to this new ship!!

thanks! Betsy

8 hours ago, CruiseAdict218 said:

We booked the transatlantic! Very convenient for us since we live in New York and I'll be celebrating my birthday two days into the sailing, it was an opportunity we just couldn't pass up. We booked an ocean-view on deck 4.

we also booked the TA we live in CT so also no return flight 🙂

On 1/31/2019 at 5:41 PM, Snowbath said:

We got somewhat of an answer from John Heald about the Havana pool:

e13a29adb3074b9905ae4f4a4a004d07.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would say it will be a gloried hot tub at best.  Best on the location it will not have a traditional pool well extending to the deck below like a normal pool with depth has.  That means it will all be above-ground, or above-deck in this case.  So it will only be so big and so deep, probably waste high if that, like a hot tub.  No one will actually swim it in, just wade.  

3 hours ago, eroller said:

I would say it will be a gloried hot tub at best.  Best on the location it will not have a traditional pool well extending to the deck below like a normal pool with depth has.  That means it will all be above-ground, or above-deck in this case.  So it will only be so big and so deep, probably waste high if that, like a hot tub.  No one will actually swim it in, just wade.  

I don’t know how I or anyone else missed this, but on the Carnival Cruise Line FB page, there are some renders that I don’t think have been posted anywhere else. One of them just so happens to be the Havana area and pool.

Fortunately, this looks better than a glorified hot tub to me!

All in all, it still looks like a really nice and secluded area for guests in the Havana staterooms. And, although there are certainly a lot of cabins above the area, it isn’t too much different than the cabins that overlook Havana on the Vista class ships.

A734B319-C5A6-4C2E-ADA5-FEF245648096.jpeg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dylobs said:

I don’t know how I or anyone else missed this, but on the Carnival Cruise Line FB page, there are some renders that I don’t think have been posted anywhere else. One of them just so happens to be the Havana area and pool.

All in all, it still looks like a really nice and secluded area for guests in the Havana staterooms. And, although there are certainly a lot of cabins above the area, it isn’t too much different than the cabins that overlook Havana on the Vista class ships.

Nice pic, but a glorified hot tub is actually what it looks like to me.  It certainly won't be very deep (hot tub depth) and there won't be any actual swimming.  I imagine most people will be sitting in it along the edges on built in seating just like a hot tub.  It even has the plastic drains all around perimeter just like most hot tubs have.   

I'm not saying it won't be a nice area.  I think it will be, but I don't think this will be a traditional swimming pool by any means.  It's a compromise based on the constraints of its location.  

Edited by eroller

14 minutes ago, Dylobs said:

Thanks! Still looks about 1/2 the size of the rear Havana area on the Vista class ships based upon the deck plans. Someone had mentioned 80 rooms have access so expect chairs to be at a premium. Expected a substantially larger ship to have a better Havana area so quite a disappointment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, eroller said:

Nice pic, but a glorified hot tub is actually what it looks like to me.  It certainly won't be very deep (hot tub depth) and there won't be any actual swimming.  I imagine most people will be sitting in it along the edges on built in seating just like a hot tub.  It even has the plastic drains all around perimeter just like most hot tubs have.   

I mean, is there really any swimming going on in those pools, though? Haha.

While I feel like it will still be sizeable, you could be right on the depth since this deck sits above lifeboats and you can only put so much pool above ground.

67DE02DE-453E-4F49-A318-809A3052E6F0.jpeg

4 minutes ago, omarchs said:

Thanks! Still looks about 1/2 the size of the rear Havana area on the Vista class ships based upon the deck plans. Someone had mentioned 80 rooms have access so expect chairs to be at a premium. Expected a substantially larger ship to have a better Havana area so quite a disappointment.

There’s just north of 90 Havana staterooms based on deck plans for the Mardi Gras, from what I can see. That compares to around 75 for the Panorma. For a bigger ship with a larger layout and deck plan, it only makes sense to see an increase in the number of cabins for each category across the board.

3 minutes ago, Dylobs said:

While I feel like it will still be sizeable, you could be right on the depth since this deck sits above lifeboats and you can only put so much pool above ground.

True cruise ship pools are generally small (especially the Havana pool), but this pool is still more of a true pool then what MARDI GRAS will have in it's Havana area.  It has depth and a nice water ledge all around it.  Pool depth on a ship is generally dictated by what is underneath it, and on MARDI GRAS the Havana pool is not in a place where it can protrude to the deck below, to it will be all above ground so to speak.    

For me much more important is the Serenity Deck (I don't have kids), and on MARDI GRAS it just might be the largest and best in the fleet, complete with its own swimming pool.  I can't wait to see more details, but on the deck plan it looks quite massive.    

Edited by eroller
  • Like 1

Just now, eroller said:

True cruise ship pools are generally small (especially the Havana pool), but this pool is still more of a true pool then what MARDI GRAS will have in it's Havana area.  It has depth and a nice water ledge all around it.  Pool depth on a ship is generally dictated by what is underneath it, and on MARDI GRAS the Havana pool is not in a place where it can protrude to the deck below, to it will be all above ground so to speak.    

Yeah, not exactly disagreeing with you on the depth. I think there’s sufficient evidence to support that it will be a shallow depth pool hybrid of some kind.

1 minute ago, Dylobs said:

Yeah, not exactly disagreeing with you on the depth. I think there’s sufficient evidence to support that it will be a shallow depth pool hybrid of some kind.

I'm still going with glorified hot tub!  LOL. I bet it's all pre-fab plastic as well, just like a hot tub.  Lowered into place in one piece by crane.  No swimming pool tiles here.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, omarchs said:

I’m disappointed too, I expected a nice new ship to have a really nice Havana area like the Vista class. It’s so popular I figured they would keep it going and improve on it, not shrink it. I guess we will have to wait and see how it is when we said Mardi Gras, but I have a feeling that if we want a Havana cabin in the future we will stick to the Vista class. 

14 minutes ago, Dylobs said:

I actually would go out in the morning before others were in there and swim laps, lol. It was nice!! 

5 minutes ago, eroller said:

For me much more important is the Serenity Deck (I don't have kids), and on MARDI GRAS it just might be the largest and best in the fleet, complete with it's own swimming pool.  I can't wait to see more details, but on the deck plan it looks quite massive.    

Well the Serenity deck may be my go-to place for a real pool then. 🙂 I like the pools in the Serenity deck on the Spirit class ships. 

10 minutes ago, eroller said:

For me much more important is the Serenity Deck (I don't have kids), and on MARDI GRAS it just might be the largest and best in the fleet, complete with its own swimming pool.  I can't wait to see more details, but on the deck plan it looks quite massive.    

Defintely agree with you on this one. Serenity looks like it is going to be quite large, so I cant wait to see more come out on this area!

4 minutes ago, Dylobs said:

Glorified hot tubs aside 😂

Another Mardi Gras render from one of my favorites - the Alchemy Bar!

8A3864B5-8260-40CD-9C75-665D0D9FEB80.jpeg

Quite stunning.  I almost think I'm looking at a ship from another cruise line!  Carnival is going for much more sophisticated and classy look with MARDI GRAS.  I guess they are growing up!  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, CruiseAdict218 said:

We booked the transatlantic! Very convenient for us since we live in New York and I'll be celebrating my birthday two days into the sailing, it was an opportunity we just couldn't pass up. We booked an ocean-view on deck 4.

My wife and I just booked the 14 day transatlantic on the Carnival Mardi Gras from England to New York, Sept 9 - 23, 2020. We did the 14 day transatlantic on the Carnival Horizon from Spain to New York, May 9 - 23, 2018, so it will be interesting to see the differences between the two new ships. We also have a 7 day Mexican Riviera cruise booked for November 2020 on the Carnival Panorama. I definitely like the Vista Class ships. I think I'm going to like the Excellence Class ships as much as the Vista Class ships. For what my wife and I like about cruising, the bigger the ships the more we have enjoyed them. We like having a lot of music and restaurant venues to select from. I could not find a role call for this sailing set up yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruiseRookiesCom said:

My wife and I just booked the 14 day transatlantic on the Carnival Mardi Gras from England to New York, Sept 9 - 23, 2020. We did the 14 day transatlantic on the Carnival Horizon from Spain to New York, May 9 - 23, 2018, so it will be interesting to see the differences between the two new ships. We also have a 7 day Mexican Riviera cruise booked for November 2020 on the Carnival Panorama. I definitely like the Vista Class ships. I think I'm going to like the Excellence Class ships as much as the Vista Class ships. For what my wife and I like about cruising, the bigger the ships the more we have enjoyed them. We like having a lot of music and restaurant venues to select from. I could not find a role call for this sailing set up yet.

Our only taste for the Vista Class was a 4 Day to Bermuda on the Carnival Horizon which we thoroughly enjoyed, had a few bumps but nothing outstanding. Otherwise we have only sailed on the Sunshine/Triumph Class which has remained our favorite class. Cannot wait to see what the Mardi Gras has in store, first time to Europe and T/A, London has been at the very top of my list for a long time coming so I'm extremely excited to see that was well.

Here is the link for the rollcall: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2629741-carnival-mardi-gras-transatlantic-september-9-23-2020/

• Like 1