Odyssey of the Seas Blocks are in the House

Lloyd555

7 minutes ago, dalee21860 said:

If anyone is interested i was just on Royal Caribbean's web site they were offering there deluxe drink package for 42.00 us dollars cheapest i have seen it in a long long time

Wow, that’s really good!!  It’s currently $49 for the inaugural sailing so I jumped on that!  I had paid $57 but repriced with this sale!  

I think this is a very important milestone because the azipods are very expensive parts that are not readily available. If they get delayed, it could mean a huge delay for the whole project. But since they are here, I think this is a good reason to stay calm and wait.

• Like 1

Just now, sergioag said:

I think this is a very important milestone because the azipods are very expensive parts that are not readily available. If they get delayed, it could mean a huge delay for the whole project. But since they are here, I think this is a good reason to stay calm and wait.

Are they on schedule?

15 minutes ago, sergioag said:

@Lloyd555 just posted pictures of them getting installed, so yes, they seem to be on schedule.

I get that, but I was referring to the original installation date. 

You see, for all I know, maybe they should have gone in three weeks ago😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm curious after hearing the shipyard has trimmed staff and are trying to avoid any overtime.

Are you on the inaugural?

I didn't think any staff was trimmed at Meyer Wreft - that was at Meyer Turku building Icon.

Biker, who's future assignment does not allow for any bookings outside of final payment.

• Thanks 1

On 4/17/2020 at 9:50 PM, CaribbeanCrushed said:

We are keeping finger crossed for January as well!

January sounds very promising right now. I heard it from all over the place this month. People have booked already and the whole thing must be overbooked at the moment. I am surprised that people are keeping it in silent. I would be very eager on going especially cause my birthday is in January 

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I get that, but I was referring to the original installation date. 

You see, for all I know, maybe they should have gone in three weeks ago😉

We may never know the original installation date. But if it was in fact delayed, it shouldn't have much effect: they haven't painted the hull, they haven't floated it out yet, etc.

In project management there is a critical path of tasks that will get the whole project delayed, no matter if only a small delay. But other tasks may get in the critical path if they get delayed or extended. In this case it doesn't seem to be either case, but this is a big assumption. Hoping for the best anyway.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sergioag said:

We may never know the original installation date. But if it was in fact delayed, it shouldn't have much effect: they haven't painted the hull, they haven't floated it out yet, etc.

In project management there is a critical path of tasks that will get the whole project delayed, no matter if only a small delay. But other tasks may get in the critical path if they get delayed or extended. In this case it doesn't seem to be either case, but this is a big assumption. Hoping for the best anyway.

True, but Carnival's Mardi Gras is due in Pt Canavaeral for her inaugural voyage in November, and she's floating now.😉

Now she's way behind schedule, no doubt. She was delayed prior to Covid. They already cancelled multiple months of cruises. Should have debuted in August.  Most of that because she is a new design, LNG, etc..  No word of any further delays as far as I know.

Edited by John&LaLa

We're on both Mardi Gras and Odyssey in Feb and March of 2021.  Just hoping we get at least 1, otherwise its 2022 for the Harmony (which I am excited about because it's in Antigua during the time the Transatlantic Rowers are finishing at Nelson's Dockyard).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

True, but Carnival's Mardi Gras is due in Pt Canavaeral for her inaugural voyage in November, and she's floating now.😉

Now she's way behind schedule, no doubt. She was delayed prior to Covid. They already cancelled multiple weeks of cruises. Most of that because she is a new design, LNG, etc..  No word of any further delays as far as I know.

Remember that some shipyards float out ships as soon as their hulls are finished. Others wait much further down the road. And others just float them after finishing them, or very closely before finishing. Mardi Gras seems to be made in Turku shipyard, which is different to Odyssey, yet same owner. But taking in to account the state of Odyssey before this virus thing started disrupting things all over the world, I would say we're either on time or very close to. Other ships/shipyards may be different, but this one seems to be fine.

We're booked for January and even with this analysis and progress we're still worried. We will probably only stop worrying after the ship gets is maiden voyage.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sergioag said:

Remember that some shipyards float out ships as soon as their hulls are finished. Others wait much further down the road. And others just float them after finishing them, or very closely before finishing. Mardi Gras seems to be made in Turku shipyard, which is different to Odyssey, yet same owner. But taking in to account the state of Odyssey before this virus thing started disrupting things all over the world, I would say we're either on time or very close to. Other ships/shipyards may be different, but this one seems to be fine.

We're booked for January and even with this analysis and progress we're still worried. We will probably only stop worrying after the ship gets is maiden voyage.

We're booked in January too... We are keeping our fingers crossed.

• Like 1