Odyssey of the Seas Blocks are in the House

Lloyd555

7 minutes ago, sergioag said:

Remember that some shipyards float out ships as soon as their hulls are finished. Others wait much further down the road. And others just float them after finishing them, or very closely before finishing. Mardi Gras seems to be made in Turku shipyard, which is different to Odyssey, yet same owner. But taking in to account the state of Odyssey before this virus thing started disrupting things all over the world, I would say we're either on time or very close to. Other ships/shipyards may be different, but this one seems to be fine.

We're booked for January and even with this analysis and progress we're still worried. We will probably only stop worrying after the ship gets is maiden voyage.

We are B2B on the maiden voyages. I'm staying optimistic. We lucked into free specialty dining for all 9 days. 

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

We are B2B on the maiden voyages. I'm staying optimistic. We lucked into free specialty dining for all 9 days. 

That a big reason to stay optimistic! Ours is our honey moon 🥰Of course with all restrictions, even our wedding could be moved. Hopefully not though.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Apologies for getting us off track.

How about some pics from the shipyard account

[pictures removed]

Looks really good. Only the propellers are missing. That would be a major step too, but that should be done in a few days (or weeks) at least.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

There is no Wonderland on her, added the Teppanyaki where Wonderland is on the other ships?

Well the cruise planner is wrong then because I have a reservation for Wonderland on the Inaugural.

I made the comment because I know John does not like Wonderland so he booked everything but Wonderland. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

On 5/2/2020 at 6:05 AM, LXA350 said:

There is no Wonderland on her, added the Teppanyaki where Wonderland is on the other ships?

We are on her in Sept 2021 and Wonderland is listed as an option.  I was surprised that there is no Italian restaurant on the ship.  We usually buy the UDP, but our first time on a larger ship (Liberty was the largest so far) and being in a JR Suite, I guess we can try Costal Kitchen, so we will probably only buy 5 nights specialty.  

1 hour ago, Seville2Cabo said:

We are on her in Sept 2021 and Wonderland is listed as an option.  I was surprised that there is no Italian restaurant on the ship.  We usually buy the UDP, but our first time on a larger ship (Liberty was the largest so far) and being in a JR Suite, I guess we can try Costal Kitchen, so we will probably only buy 5 nights specialty.  

She will have Giovanni’s Table, I have reservations there for the November 5th sailing. 

On 4/30/2020 at 2:31 PM, sergioag said:

Remember that some shipyards float out ships as soon as their hulls are finished. Others wait much further down the road. And others just float them after finishing them, or very closely before finishing. Mardi Gras seems to be made in Turku shipyard, which is different to Odyssey, yet same owner. But taking in to account the state of Odyssey before this virus thing started disrupting things all over the world, I would say we're either on time or very close to. Other ships/shipyards may be different, but this one seems to be fine.

We're booked for January and even with this analysis and progress we're still worried. We will probably only stop worrying after the ship gets is maiden voyage.

Mardi Gras not sailing till March 2021 and is owned by Carnival Corp.

Odyssey is owned by Royal Caribbean and is supposed to laund this Nov.

Two entirely different cruise companies.

On 5/2/2020 at 9:05 AM, LXA350 said:

Wonderland is in the same place as always.  Teppanyaki is next to the Windjammer on the port side.

3 hours ago, vettprincess said:

Mardi Gras not sailing till March 2021 and is owned by Carnival Corp.

Odyssey is owned by Royal Caribbean and is supposed to laund this Nov.

Two entirely different cruise companies.

I think the person you quoted was referring to the shipyard, not the cruise line.