Odyssey of the Seas Blocks are in the House

Lloyd555

2 minutes ago, GetToLivin said:

but does anyone know if this class of ship would have a Coastal Kitchen?

Quantum, Ovation, Anthem, Spectrum are generally the same class, Quantum (though I guess some enhancements make Odyssey and Spectrum "Quantum Ultra" instead).

Looking at deck plans, Anthem, Quantum and Ovation have CK on deck 14, starboard aft. Maybe it'll be on Odyssey in the blank dining space aft of El Loco Fresh?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GetToLivin said:

I just checked out the deck plans thus far on the RCI website - lots of blank spaces to be updated, but does anyone know if this class of ship would have a Coastal Kitchen? 

Yes, Quantum Class has Coastal Kitchen - actually Quantum was the first to have it. And I doubt they will go away with it - suites are selling better with a dedicated suite restaurant.

steamboats

• Like 1

4 hours ago, steamboats said:

And I doubt they will go away with it

I looked at the deck plans for Spectrum, currently the most recent Quantum (actually it's the first Quantum Ultra) ship, didn't see the CK.  Was that because of the initial target market for that ship or did I overlook something?  If it's there, it's not in the same place as the others.

7 hours ago, Biker19 said:

I suppose the rounder roofline by the Seaplex pods looks a bit better - not sure if it means anything for inside.

I think it allows Playmakers to have a continuous glass wall versus the two extruding pods that are independent of each other. 

• Like 1

I agree with Biker about the rounder roof line. 

You could probably say Odyssey has three pods (or one big and long one) compared to the other with two. Because the pods are connected on Odyssey, there is more shade under them. Odyssey Seaplex has a more expansive glass area and therefore better sea views.  Could be because of the angle of the photos or stage in the construction, but looking at the pictures the Seaplex of Odyssey looks slightly higher.  

I didn't pay attention to early articles. Didn't know about Giovanni's Italian Kitchen & Wine Bar in Jamie's Italian spot on deck 5. And Vintages not on deck plans (what with the wine bar at Giovanni's...).

giovannis.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555