Odyssey of the Seas Blocks are in the House

Lloyd555

2 minutes ago, Lloyd555 said:

Playmakers in the SeaPlex.  I get it

That is quite different from "regular" Q class - I suppose all these changes do warrant the Q+ designation. The teenagers who hang out on the level will be dissapointed to lose some space.

Edited by Biker19

5 hours ago, Lloyd555 said:

FB_IMG_1571923769803.jpg

Photo quoted for illustration purposes...

@twangster Looks like 4 full life boats aft on port side, so confirms your logic for the extra davits, no outdoor space. I don't believe I saw any mention of Jamie's either. I could have missed it though.

1 hour ago, OACAggie said:

Photo quoted for illustration purposes...

@twangster Looks like 4 full life boats aft on port side, so confirms your logic for the extra davits, no outdoor space. I don't believe I saw any mention of Jamie's either. I could have missed it though.

Not sure I'd put a lot of technical faith into that marketing image.  Time will tell.

Jamie's remains on the deck plans but Giovanni's is listed.  The deck plans on the Royal website still are initial or preliminary.  I think Royal may be holding some stuff too for a later reveal.

I just spent some time looking at the floor plans and it seems the majority of the rooms are only 119 sq ft. They do have rooms with about 187 sq ft and a lot of suites. I just think 119 is so small. Did it on Majesty and one side of the bed was against the wall. Not fun in the middle of the night when you need to scoot to the end of the bed to get up & pee. I really hope 119 is a typo but I doubt it. Although the balcony cabins with 119 ft have an 80 ft balcony

Well at least the interior's are 187 sq ft

Edited by Jax129

26 minutes ago, Jax129 said:

I just spent some time looking at the floor plans and it seems the majority of the rooms are only 119 sq ft. They do have rooms with about 187 sq ft and a lot of suites. I just think 119 is so small. Did it on Majesty and one side of the bed was against the wall. Not fun in the middle of the night when you need to scoot to the end of the bed to get up & pee. I really hope 119 is a typo but I doubt it. Although the balcony cabins with 119 ft have an 80 ft balcony

Well at least the interior's are 187 sq ft

Typo.  Same size cabins as other Quantum class ships if you lay the deckplans from one ship over the other you will see that the cabins are the same. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

7 minutes ago, Jax129 said:

I really hope so, I just can't imagine 119 ft for 9 days. 

Take a look at the deck plans from Two different ships.  Pick a deck and count the cabins between 2 reference points...I.e. the elevators...same number of cabins therefore same square footage. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The jury is still out on the deck plans.  On the website under bar and lounges it lists a Suite Lounge despite the deck plans showing Concierge Lounge.  

I was really surprised to see a CL on the deckplans and wouldn't at all be surprised if it ends up being a SL instead.  

Also noted that Sky and Star class benefits when booking don't list Coastal Kitchen.  Oddly Sea class does, for dinner only.  

There are quite a few inconsistencies with the deck plans so I'd be careful using them. 

• Thanks 1

Now it makes sense to have Odyssey be homeported seasonally in FL, having one of the previous Quantum Class ships that were specifically dsigned to combine cold / warm weather itinaries would have been a waste. It looks like the ship will also not receive a seperate closed o areas for suites?

Interesting to note some the changes between SPECTRUM and ODYSSEY.  

Larger Music Room on Odyssey.  

Golden Room becomes Diamond Club

Tea & Coffee shop becomes the Pub

Sichuan Red becomes Sorrentos & Cafe Promenade

Star Moment becomes Boleros

La Patisserie becomes Starbucks

Spa & Fitness Center on Deck 13 become cabins

Indoor pool becomes an outdoor pool

Sky Bar becomes Lime & Coconut

Splashaway Cafe becomes El Loco Fresh

Sorrentos becomes "unknown" new restaurant

The biggest change is the entire ship within a ship suite complex on SPECTRUM is eliminated and becomes the Vitality Spa and Fitness Center on ODYSSEY.  I'm so glad they did this but honestly I'm surprised as these ship within a ship concepts have become extremely popular, even in North America.  

Edited by eroller
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, eroller said:

I'm so glad they did this but honestly I'm surprised as these ship within a ship concepts have become extremely popular, even in North America.

Maybe saving that for Icon, or the RCI bean counters did the math and can't justify the space for that.

Edited by Biker19