Odyssey of the Seas Blocks are in the House

Lloyd555

On 4/5/2021 at 8:42 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

Pretty much every lift and shift that has been offered by a cruise cancelled by Roysl has had the ship that you are able to lift and shift to dictated by Royal.  You only get to choose from one of very few dates. I’m not sure that Odyssey will be an option. I also assume that we will be sailing by December and Lift and shift will be a thing of the past. 

just a quick note that I was able to L&S from Freedom to Odyssey for our Christams B2B. Just called in to get it. Didn't even know of a list..

54 minutes ago, csnarpy said:

just a quick note that I was able to L&S from Freedom to Odyssey for our Christams B2B. Just called in to get it. Didn't even know of a list..

Yes, and that was back prior to Jan 31, 2021 when lift and shift was an option to anyone.  I was referring to the current status of lift and shift where it is only offered if the cruise line cancels. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2021 at 10:52 AM, twangster said:

This appears to confirm the Suites Sun Deck on deck 16 found on previous Q class is not on Odyssey. 

It's been replaced as the teen club "Social180" patio.

606375742_OYDeck16Social180.thumb.jpg.09b93b9b2c96e40ba5884e395d489390.jpg

Any word if there is a suite sundeck?

From the drone video posted above I'm curious if any of the new lounge areas will be the replacement suite sun deck.  The one forward of the North Star Bar across from the outdoor TV screen for example.  Don't think area exists on her sisters.

1579684884_ScreenShot2021-05-09at1_06_41PM.thumb.jpg.d2826c4177fa468b02d5cf7e168a7ed7.jpg

43 minutes ago, twangster said:

From the drone video posted above I'm curious if any of the new lounge areas will be the replacement suite sun deck.  The one forward of the North Star Bar across from the outdoor TV screen for example.  Don't think area exists on her sisters.

1579684884_ScreenShot2021-05-09at1_06_41PM.thumb.jpg.d2826c4177fa468b02d5cf7e168a7ed7.jpg

I believe these are the areas I saw on Ovation and was told there was a fee to sit there. 

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

Even for suites?  

i was on the ovation several times and as long as you are sky class or above or pinnacle you have access to several of these hidden areas. it is directly above the seaplex with a special stairway up and it is really nice and quiet.  spent alot of time up there.  there is not a way to buy access other than your room class, unless this was in china, everything is run pay to play there and my past cruises there were run as it was a different cruise line because the culture is so different.

Edited by ericfromri

9 minutes ago, ericfromri said:

i was on the ovation several times and as long as you are sky class or above or pinnacle you have access to several of these hidden areas. it is directly above the seaplex with a special stairway up and it is really nice and quiet.  spent alot of time up there.  there is not a way to buy access other than your room class, unless this was in china, everything is run pay to play there and my past cruises there were run as it was a different cruise line because the culture is so different.

OK...so pretty much the same as the suites deck on Oasis class.  Makes sense.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ericfromri said:

I certainly could have misunderstood the crew member, but we are Pinnacle and were not allowed to sit in the little areas in question on the Ovation Transpacific sailing. We did use the suite sun deck above Seaplex.

1 minute ago, lovelife said:

I certainly could have misunderstood the crew member, but we are Pinnacle and were not allowed to sit in the little areas in question on the Ovation Transpacific sailing. We did use the suite sun deck above Seaplex.

strange..  i've been everywhere on the ship and have never been asked to leave. these were on 2 NZ cruises and 1 repo to singapore.  ive had alot of experiences where things were ok on 1 cruise and not on the other though.

1 hour ago, ericfromri said:

strange..  i've been everywhere on the ship and have never been asked to leave. these were on 2 NZ cruises and 1 repo to singapore.  ive had alot of experiences where things were ok on 1 cruise and not on the other though.

We weren't asked to leave.  The areas were cordoned off with a sign regarding being only for guests with reservations which prompted my question to a crew member.  I can't for the life of me find the photo I thought I took of those signs.  Will have to check next year when I'm back on Ovation!

• Like 1