Odyssey of the Seas Blocks are in the House

Lloyd555

19 hours ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Makes sense to me that reservations are required and a fee to rent it. Can you imagine if no reservations are required and open to first come first serve. Some would spend the night and never leave. 

There was no charge or reservation required for the casitas on Navigator last time I was on her.

I liked these in the Navigator solarium.

image.png.d25055a9f948bc5fc00cc040f483f2e8.png

Excuse me if this has already been noticed:

Did anyone else spotted the backward facing lifeboats? Both 2nd sets of lifeboats face aft instead of forwards, as the 1st set does.

It seems logical, when the lifeboats make their escape in an emergency their paths are less likely to cross? Or could there be another reason?

Screenshot (42).png

5 minutes ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Did anyone else spotted the backward facing lifeboats? Both 2nd sets of lifeboats face aft instead of forwards, as the 1st set does.

It seems logical, when the lifeboats make their escape in an emergency their paths are less likely to cross? Or could there be another reason?

If I’m not mistaken, three of the four in the front part of the ship are Tenders. However I’m not sure if that is the reason why those face forward.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

If I’m not mistaken, three of the four in the front part of the ship are Tenders. However I’m not sure if that is the reason why those face forward.

Normally all boats, tender-lifeboats and lifeboats face forward. But what's the reason some are facing aft?

With two sets facing backwards the ship gets the option to deploy the lifeboats in four directions, kind of. This advantage would be lost and perhaps even turn in a disadvantage when the ship would still be (slightly and perhaps uncontrolled) moving during evacuation, but who knows in what direction a ship can drift.

Should it be a correct guess that it's all an educated guess, @chengkp75

10 minutes ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Normally all boats, tender-lifeboats and lifeboats face forward. But what's the reason some are facing aft?

With two sets facing backwards the ship gets the option to deploy the lifeboats in four directions, kind of. This advantage would be lost and perhaps even turn in a disadvantage when the ship would still be (slightly and perhaps uncontrolled) moving during evacuation, but who knows in what direction a ship can drift.

Should it be a correct guess that it's all an educated guess, @chengkp75

Are they just temporarily mounted this way.  It looks like the ones forward have their doors facing out and it looks like the doors are only on one side. 

While these photos are a few weeks old, still wanted to share here.

First photo- Anthem, Odyssey and Jewel meet up at Poole Bay near the Dorset coast for crew transfer. Second photo of Odyssey leaving Poole bay on her way to Gibraltar.

Photos- courtesy of Cruise Ship Profiles

0A4BCFFD-7F92-43CF-95AD-7FEBC95E3235.jpeg

5A619470-7F0B-4F08-840D-92134AA83AD0.jpeg

• Like 3