Odyssey of the Seas Blocks are in the House

Lloyd555

I'm not a big fan of all the brighter colors and cartoony deco (flowers etc.) on the pool deck.  I much prefer a more natural palette with the mosaics the Voyager and Freedom class ships sport.  Can't get past the Orange palm trees....looks more like a Carnival deco to me.

2 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

No frills interior cabin Dec 17 next year=$3000!  Yikes!  Guess this one will have to wait a couple years.

We have 6 night balcony for $1700 and 8 night inside for $2200 in January.  Little bit higher than some other ships we have booked but not by much.  

I'm trying to research booking February, 2023 for my milestone birthday but the site keeps stalling. Guess they must be updating some things. Trying to talk DH into the 2 BR grand suite for us and our adult kids but am trying to justify the cost vs getting 3 rooms. When I mock booked last week, the price difference was around $5K more for the suite (I think). I just think it would be nice to enjoy all of the suite amenities for us and the kids. Thinking of asking a TA to give me the real price difference but I would also rather control my own booking. It seems like I've been having a lot more trouble making decisions lately! Maybe that just comes with old age! LOL! Any advice is welcome!! Cheers!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

I'm trying to research booking February, 2023 for my milestone birthday but the site keeps stalling. Guess they must be updating some things. Trying to talk DH into the 2 BR grand suite for us and our adult kids but am trying to justify the cost vs getting 3 rooms. When I mock booked last week, the price difference was around $5K more for the suite (I think). I just think it would be nice to enjoy all of the suite amenities for us and the kids. Thinking of asking a TA to give me the real price difference but I would also rather control my own booking. It seems like I've been having a lot more trouble making decisions lately! Maybe that just comes with old age! LOL! Any advice is welcome!! Cheers!!

Happy birthday in advance.  My little sister is having one of her milestone birthdays the same month and year.   February 15th,  2023.  😉   She picked Voyager out of PR for her choice.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

I'm not a big fan of all the brighter colors and cartoony deco (flowers etc.) on the pool deck.  I much prefer a more natural palette with the mosaics the Voyager and Freedom class ships sport.  Can't get past the Orange palm trees....looks more like a Carnival deco to me.

This is highly subjective but I think the opposite, I like the new colorful decks. We were docked in PR on the refurbished Oasis next to Anthem, I remember thinking how much better the Oasis deck looked side by side.

2 hours ago, SilkySal said:

Don’t forget that in the 2 bedroom GS if you have 6 people then 2 will either be sleeping on Pullman’s in the second bedroom or on the sofabed.  Great fir kids but maybe not so much for adults.  Assuming that you had 6 since you mentioned 3 cabins.  Then you also have 2 bathrooms as opposed to 3.  Personally I would prefer the 3 cabins and use some of the saved money to spend either on drinks or a dining package. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Don’t forget that in the 2 bedroom GS if you have 6 people then 2 will either be sleeping on Pullman’s in the second bedroom or on the sofabed.  Great fir kids but maybe not so much for adults.  Assuming that you had 6 since you mentioned 3 cabins.  Then you also have 2 bathrooms as opposed to 3.  Personally I would prefer the 3 cabins and use some of the saved money to spend either on drinks or a dining package. 

Thanks for your thoughts! I am tending to agree with you. Since our kids left the nest years ago, we find that we really like our privacy, so plan to go with 3 cabins. Royal's site has been wonky for the past 2 days and I've been unable to "find another cruise" via "My Cruises", so assume they must be working on some updates. I was, however, able to view my own cruises. May try again today or wait until next week. Don't want to hold off too long for fear of prices going way up once cruises begin.

Question: Our DD does not want to get the vaccine. Do you think it will be a requirement in 2023? I know there's no confirmation but just wondered your thoughts. Thanks again!

Edited by SilkySal
add

1 hour ago, SilkySal said:

Thanks for your thoughts! I am tending to agree with you. Since our kids left the nest years ago, we find that we really like our privacy, so plan to go with 3 cabins. Royal's site has been wonky for the past 2 days and I've been unable to "find another cruise" via "My Cruises", so assume they must be working on some updates. I was, however, able to view my own cruises. May try again today or wait until next week. Don't want to hold off too long for fear of prices going way up once cruises begin.

Question: Our DD does not want to get the vaccine. Do you think it will be a requirement in 2023? I know there's no confirmation but just wondered your thoughts. Thanks again!

Royal has said that the vaccines won't be forever but when forever is anyone's guess.  My thoughts are a couple years....book refundable

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SilkySal said:

With the intent with the vaccine to reach  a level of herd immunity, there should come a time when sufficient people are vaccinated that, while those still not will probably always be recommended to be vaccinated if they can, it won't really be necessary in keeping the infection under control. New variants, or rather the apparent expression regularly of new variants could of course change that.

• Thanks 1

On 4/1/2021 at 11:40 AM, island lady said:

Yeah, no brand new ship is going to be cut rate.  Supply and demand.  

Didn't expect it to be "cut rate", but didn't expect an interior to be almost twice what we pay for balconies on others.

On 4/1/2021 at 11:46 AM, twangster said:

Holiday cruises are never inexpensive, Christmas time even more so.  

Not considered Christmas cruise as you return the 23rd.  Still have cruised in December with no hyke in price.

3 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Not considered Christmas cruise as you return the 23rd.  Still have cruised in December with no hyke in price.

Maybe I'm looking at the wrong dates.  Where did you see $3,000 for "plain interior"?

Dec. 17, 2022 with taxes, picking your cabin, with no discounts is $2,178.  

24 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

I just pulled the price for a balcony (not obstructed which is less) and it came in at $2800 for cruise fare, taxes and fees.  Departing Dec 17, 2022,  FYI, it returns on the 24th, Christmas Eve.  

I'm sure there is a lot of demand and that prices have gone up since they were released.  Many aren't comfortable with sailing this year, so booked during holiday time next year--new ship, probably minimal if any restrictions due to Covid (hopefully).  I think people jumped on Odyssey sailings for next winter as soon as they were released.  

Edited by rockmom

On 4/1/2021 at 12:46 PM, twangster said:

Holiday cruises are never inexpensive, Christmas time even more so.  

I also just checked $2950 unobstructed balcony deck 8 center of ship  includes taxes and fees  for the December 17th sailing

Edited by dalee21860

11 minutes ago, dalee21860 said:

I also just checked $2950 unobstructed balcony deck 8 center of ship  includes taxes and fees  for the December 17th sailing

Seems about right and roughly the same price as Symphony that week.