Equinox Revolution

Jim_Iain

31 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Can someone refresh my memory?  Prior to the upgrade did the balconies have a larger table that could be more easily used for a meal?

The Aqua balconies definitely did.

Don't know about the others.

I feel sorry for the people who were hoping to enjoy the scheduled renovations that were canceled on the Equinox, but I have to say I was holding my breath for what would happen to the S Class after seeing some of the choices for M Class renovations. I love the S Class as is, though I'm sure some of the changes will be nice improvements (such as the cabin refreshments).

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

Here are some pictures I hadn't seen yet (maybe everyone else has 🙂) - Solarium, Cafe al Bacio, ? Sky Lounge

Thanks for the post of photos.. had not seen them before

I am not following the  colored boxes in the Solarium.pics..are those tiles, flooring, projections?  Plaid towels ?  Looks very busy.. opposite of a spa like feel...  EDGE looks better every day!

Edited by hcat

32 minutes ago, chamima said:

The Aqua balconies definitely did.

Don't know about the others.

It's my recollection that they had real tables on the regular veranda balconies on the Equinox last November.  It's too bad that they're gone.  I guess Kelly only likes small tables.

28 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I feel sorry for the people who were hoping to enjoy the scheduled renovations that were canceled on the Equinox, but I have to say I was holding my breath for what would happen to the S Class after seeing some of the choices for M Class renovations. I love the S Class as is, though I'm sure some of the changes will be nice improvements (such as the cabin refreshments).

The ship needed a refresh but I think the best areas are the ones that were   left as is....Our friends are booked for a big anniv cruise in Jan..They will be in AQ class so I think they will be pleased. 

I do not see anything that makes me want to book her again but will see what the reviews are like.

I think this will be eighth time on our favorite X ship.  Trying to figure out how to “follow “.....still not used to new format.  We sail 10/14....maybe by then they will have finished the upgrades....?

Edge was ok but EQ better.   Just great to sail on the best line out there!

On 6/1/2019 at 4:00 PM, chamima said:

Where is the retreat?

The Retreat and Retreat Sundeck are on Floor 16 (Solstice) Forward.   From what I read the DID NOT install the hot tubs as planned due to the modified dry dock.   I was mistaken that they built a new "Retreat Lounge".   On the current deck plans they are still showing Michael's Club. 

image.thumb.png.6b965553b83b9a3538c33c566401f395.png

On this one it is called the Retreat Lounge (on X website):

1683481711_RetreatLoungeEQ.jpg.0686c6b0cc00999b3b9fa92fad504639.jpg

Post #457 has pictures of the refurbishment. I think it has some of the tiny chairs, but otherwise it looks nice - hoping to hear feedback from those who are using it soon.

Edited by vtcruising

1 hour ago, hcat said:

I am not following the  colored boxes in the Solarium.pics..are those tiles, flooring, projections?  Plaid towels ?  Looks very busy.. opposite of a spa like feel...  EDGE looks better every day!

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who was confused with the Solarium. 🙂  Hopefully, it is the lighting....

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Thanks for the post of photos.. had not seen them before

37 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who was confused with the Solarium. 🙂  Hopefully, it is the lighting....

It is just the sun coming through the skylights where the solar panels are.  DOES LOOK KINDA FUNNY THOUGH.  Nothing to worry about

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

On this one it is called the Retreat Lounge (on X website):

1683481711_RetreatLoungeEQ.jpg.0686c6b0cc00999b3b9fa92fad504639.jpg

Post #457 has pictures of the refurbishment. I think it has some of the tiny chairs, but otherwise it looks nice - hoping to hear feedback from those who are using it soon.

Thanks for the verification.

6 hours ago, mari10 said:

Our concierge room is completely redone. 

New carpet, draperies, table,  sofa reupholstered, new mattress, bedding and plush bath towels. Our hump cabin has new balcony furniture but no foot stools. Asked for 2 loungers, no problem they appeared 15 minutes later. 

Everything looks refreshed and many areas have a new ship feel. 

Staff has been wonderful, great service !  Music abounds and excellent artists. 

Had dinner last night at Sushi on Five, unlimited dining for $30pp. It was a very enjoyable evening. Tonight we are checking at Le Petit Chef. Have been to it on the Silhouette twice and thought the food quality was excellent. 

Just curious if anything was redone in the bathroom?

18 minutes ago, CulverCityCruisers said:

It is just the sun coming through the skylights where the solar panels are.  DOES LOOK KINDA FUNNY THOUGH.  Nothing to worry about

I went back and looked at it and realized the same - at first glance it was the new Hoppen plaid. 🙂

• Haha 1

Thanks for clarifying the EQ Solarium pics.   I have some vision issues that I can work with but that  pattern would drive me mad! Wonder how it looks on the ground, in person ???

Waiting to see what they do to Silhouette...another  S Class ship we enjoy.   I have looked up her future itins but seems  it is mostly  So America in the future...

12 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Can someone refresh my memory?  Prior to the upgrade did the balconies have a larger table that could be more easily used for a meal?

15 hours ago, mari10 said:

Our concierge room is completely redone. 

New carpet, draperies, table,  sofa reupholstered, new mattress, bedding and plush bath towels. Our hump cabin has new balcony furniture but no foot stools. Asked for 2 loungers, no problem they appeared 15 minutes later. 

Everything looks refreshed and many areas have a new ship feel. 

Staff has been wonderful, great service !  Music abounds and excellent artists. 

Had dinner last night at Sushi on Five, unlimited dining for $30pp. It was a very enjoyable evening. Tonight we are checking at Le Petit Chef. Have been to it on the Silhouette twice and thought the food quality was excellent. 

Did you have the larger table that could be used for a meal or the smaller round coffee height table on your balcony?

7 minutes ago, chamima said:

Did you have the larger table that could be used for a meal or the smaller round coffee height table on your balcony?

I've sailed all of the S-class ships in regular veranda or Concierge class rooms and to the best of my recollection, we've had the larger tables that could be used for a meal in every cabin.   I bring my wife a bagel with blueberries and coffee from the café in the Solarium and she has breakfast on the balcony almost every morning.  Yes, I know that they have room service for this but my wife tips very well. 😉