Equinox Revolution

Jim_Iain

21 minutes ago, 39august said:

Looks like that small table would work for a foot stool! 

Why change something that already works for something that’s not suitable ? Maybe it’s to put people off ordering room service for breakfast.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

Yes there were "real" tables on Equinox AQ and Concierge balconies (don't know about regular balconies).  You could eat breakfast at table height.  Looks like that's a thing of the past.  

They were also in standard balconies. This is from a cat. 2B

A09FC0B7-4959-4F9D-9F70-717A30F9557B.jpeg

• Thanks 1

For what it’s worth, we had our cruise critics gathering this morning. 

Every officer along with Captain Kate attended. 

They asked plenty of questions of what we thought of the renovations.

I remarked to the Hotel  Director as well as the marketing director about the changes of the balcony furniture, lack of foot stools and the new table size and height .

They both took notes and appreciated the feedback. 

We’ll see .....

Anyway, it was a nice turn out and time worth spent. 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, yorky said:

Why change something that already works for something that’s not suitable ? Maybe it’s to put people off ordering room service for breakfast.

Ding! Ding! Ding! This is exactly why they removed the larger tables in the cabins, on balconies, and made the sofas smaller. Yes, the cabin appears larger, but eating in the cabin or on the veranda is much more difficult. That way, they will reduce room service orders substantially. This eliminates service and kitchen staff, ultimately saving money. 

They will react to feedback, however. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, mari10 said:

For what it’s worth, we had our cruise critics gathering this morning. 

Every officer along with Captain Kate attended. 

They asked plenty of questions of what we thought of the renovations.

I remarked to the Hotel  Director as well as the marketing director about the changes of the balcony furniture, lack of foot stools and the new table size and height .

They both took notes and appreciated the feedback. 

We’ll see .....

Anyway, it was a nice turn out and time worth spent. 

Thank you!!!

Feedback to senior staff on the ship will go a lot further than the rest of us complaining on here.

48 minutes ago, misterkevin said:

Ding! Ding! Ding! This is exactly why they removed the larger tables in the cabins, on balconies, and made the sofas smaller. Yes, the cabin appears larger, but eating in the cabin or on the veranda is much more difficult. That way, they will reduce room service orders substantially. This eliminates service and kitchen staff, ultimately saving money. 

They will react to feedback, however. 

Now some body is talking.

I have never seen so many people order room services in the morning during my last cruise.

Now there will be little complain to hear on the Guest relation Department why my breakfast is never on time.

People are spoiled.

Edited by CAicruiser

43 minutes ago, chamima said:

Thank you!!!

Feedback to senior staff on the ship will go a lot further than the rest of us complaining on here.

Why would that make any difference? They are sailing almost full at a premium price. Until that changes, nothing else will, on the upside anyway.

We could make do with the smaller balcony table. We usually slide it to the side and push the coffee table out of the way when we get into the cabin. I don't like eating directly on it anyway since some people do use it as a footstool and who knows what else. 

It could be way worse. This was the table on our last NCL cruise...

IMG_3297.JPG

44 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Both of those press releases said that ALL staterooms received king size cashmere mattresses.  I've seen reports of new mattresses but has anybody mentioned they are now king size?

Edited by helen haywood

2 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Both of those press releases said that ALL staterooms received king size cashmere mattresses.  I've seen reports of new mattresses but has anybody mentioned they are now king size?

I know - is that true? I was confused...

16 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

Why would that make any difference? They are sailing almost full at a premium price. Until that changes, nothing else will, on the upside anyway.

It did make a difference when they tried to implement a charge for the burgers at the mast grill so it does not hurt to express dissatisfaction.  .

• Like 4

Feedback can work! They are getting new chairs on the Edge IV balconies because so many complained. They took away a huge rocker from the sky suites because of complaints and replaced it with a nice coffee table (another complaint that they were lacking a coffee table). It may take time, but they are listening.

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

The retreat sun deck seems a long way from the pool.  It looks beautiful but the pool on the Edge was a huge plus.  It is too hot on the Equinox always being in the Caribbean not to have a way to cool down.  If you go to the pool you’ll be sweating by the time you get back to the retreat.  I might switch my 12 night Equinox to B2B Edge if the price drops enough.

11 minutes ago, 39august said:

What about the revolutionized Passport Bar? Would love a pic or description of it. I hope the original bar is still there and only decor changed

Passport bar:

F0FAA17D-C76C-4785-A332-959707F33A89.jpeg

4242D985-2065-499B-8142-DA290F4188FE.jpeg

4F0C0363-1140-4DBE-8021-04BC30742145.jpeg

D3F56969-D111-4D9D-AB97-3CF83C196FB7.jpeg

• Like 1

On 5/24/2019 at 4:17 PM, Fogfog said:

With that darn screen running movies--what was once a quiet pretty green space is now going to be noise from 8am-11pm if they use it like the M class roof deck movie venue.  It is a shame

I don't remember the lawn being used that much, other than the blown glass demos. We liked MUTS on Princess and I'm happy that Celebrity is offering it. 

1 minute ago, Marelaine said:

I don't remember the lawn being used that much, other than the blown glass demos. We liked MUTS on Princess and I'm happy that Celebrity is offering it. 

We used the lawn area during the day. It was a nice quiet place to be with no bands/piped in music etc.

Also enjoyed the bocce

Now One more place of digital cacophony.... don't people have enough TV/iPad/social media content in their lives to not take advantage of vacation unplugged?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

We used the lawn area during the day. It was a nice quiet place to be with no bands/piped in music etc.

Also enjoyed the bocce

Now One more place of digital cacophony.... don't people have enough TV/iPad/social media content in their lives to not take advantage of vacation unplugged?

I do remember Princess would loop the cruise video on their large movie screen, during the day. It was annoying. 

25 minutes ago, hcat said:

Is there a theme...or just random stuff?   Passport Bar and pigs????

I will check out in more depth tonight, but I think it is just a case of eclectic decorating....