Equinox Revolution

Jim_Iain

20 hours ago, misterkevin said:

Here's a fresh video of the updated Equinox including the Retreat Lounge and Sundeck

Equinox Revolution

Thank you for posting this video.  Equinox looks really nice after her upgrades.  I am curious to see how much guests actually use the Retreat Sundeck.  Many in suites will likely use their own private balconies I think.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Pier290 said:

Maybe we can nix all the PIG talk and stick to the topic at hand??

We are on topic.  The furniture in the newly renovated Passport Bar is being discussed.

And you hail from Chicago, Sandburg's "Hog Butcher of the World"

Edited by cruisefam38

7 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Thank you for posting this video.  Equinox looks really nice after her upgrades.  I am curious to see how much guests actually use the Retreat Sundeck.  Many in suites will likely use their own private balconies I think.

The Retreat does look nice. I expect as they roll out new ships we will see more of this--It is Celebrity's response to the Haven and YC etc.

Does RCCL have a suites only deck/pool?

1 minute ago, Fogfog said:

The Retreat does look nice. I expect as they roll out new ships we will see more of this--It is Celebrity's response to the Haven and YC etc.

Does RCCL have a suites only deck/pool?

Yes they do have suites-only sun decks, on some ships with bars.  They are rarely crowded. But I don't think pools.

3 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I don't see how it could be true, the beds still fit under the overhead storage above the bed and there isn't any more room at the foot of the bed.  I'm sure this is just an error by someone cut and pasting from the Edge descriptions.  

I agree with your reasoning. Must be an error.

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Was there previously a piano at the Passport bar (never spent any time there) or is that were they relocated the one from Michael's to ?

Tom

On Equinox, yes there was a piano at the Passport Bar.  Sort of by the back of the staircase.  Photographers used it as a prop on Evening Chic nights.  I don’t remember anyone ever actually playing it...

14 minutes ago, CruisinNole said:

King and queen mattresses are the same length. King are wider so that's where the issue would be. 

The width is constrained by the vertical pieces on the overhead storage unit.  Those were not replaced on the Equinox.  So, it does not seem reasonable that thee queens were replaced by kings.

I agree.  Not only the overhead storage unit but the bedside tables are the same as before and the sofa so I don't see where any extra space could have been created.  But between that and the Retreat Sundeck not being handicap accessible and Celebrity's advertising not being correct about that could have some people very upset....  Believe it or not, not everyone has heard of Cruise Critic....

Thanks for info

We have Jan 2020 sailing.

On cruise planner, there is a reservation option for qsine le petit chef but not the old style qsine 

I thought le petit chef was only 1-2 nights not every night?

Linda 

Just now, colliercruiser said:

Just saw this "news" item posted yesterday on Cruise Critic.  I assume this is mostly, if not completely, accurate.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/4151/

One item in the above news article states the following:

Digital enhancements across the ship, such as the addition of RFID lock technology and Xcelerate WiFi, as well as the brand’s industry-first facial recognition technology with the implementation of the Celebrity Cruises app, allowing smooth port arrival and expedited boarding, plus additional features including guest-to-guest chat and digital room keys.

Can anyone now on board Equinox comment on whether these new technology upgrades are working... including the RFID locks and facial recognition technology?  (Not sure what's that all about.)

20 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

The width is constrained by the vertical pieces on the overhead storage unit.  Those were not replaced on the Equinox.  So, it does not seem reasonable that thee queens were replaced by kings.

I am waiting for the beds new name, something like "The Celebrity King"

• Haha 1

Looks like the ships' deck plans are a "work in progress".  For example, looking at the Equinox's Retreat sundeck via the date-range selection, the layout likely reflects what was done versus what the old "Solstice Deck" previously showed.  But the Silhouette's deck plans (next to be "Revolutionized") still shows the same layout for the "before" & "after" dates... with just a renaming.  I'm guessing they'll figure out what to show when plans are solid or finished.

And the Equinox "post" date version also appears to reflect what was NOT done this time around... such as postponed changes to Sky Lounge area, iLounge removal, etc.  Silhouette's deck plans still show those changes.

Time will tell.

image.thumb.png.48b50704a7eba45c3b66b4a85a77e8b0.png

image.thumb.png.994f5c1a511b433b78c3c3b587efd01e.png

Are there any images posted yet showing the (food offerings) on the Craft Social menu? I wonder how much they've changed from the Gastrobar.

I can still recall (almost taste!) the excellent burger I had there  🙂

i-Q4cgcSP-L.jpg

I like rare, but this one was pushing the limits -- yet, I persevered !!

Tom

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Are there any images posted yet showing the (food offerings) on the Craft Social menu? I wonder how much they've changed from the Gastrobar.

i-Q4cgcSP-L.jpg

Tom

Looks wonderful!   Also looks like it was  not from frozen.  How much do these cost and how do they  compare to the freebies in the Mast Grill?  

i-Q4cgcSP-L.jpg

Tom

This isn't rare, it's uncooked.  This would go back to the kitchen.

i-Q4cgcSP-L.jpg

Tom

Steak tartar on a bun.  :classic_wink:

• Like 1