Plenty of hangers in cabins?

rotomu

If it makes any difference to you, the hangers in the closet are wood.  If you ask the steward for more hangers you are likely to get wire hangers.  They have plenty of those because they are used for returns from the laundry.

We have been on Princess cruises up to 28 days and have always had enough hangers which as pointed out are wood.  The DW takes most of the hangers of course and have never had to ask for more.  Additional hangers can be requested from the cabin steward but they will be wire hangers like what the laundry/dry cleaning provides on the ship and at home.  Luckily my tshirts, shorts and jeans don't have to be on hangers.  Now if I could just get the ship laundry to stop ironing my jeans. 

58 minutes ago, satxdiver said:

We have been on Princess cruises up to 28 days and have always had enough hangers which as pointed out are wood.  The DW takes most of the hangers of course and have never had to ask for more.  Additional hangers can be requested from the cabin steward but they will be wire hangers like what the laundry/dry cleaning provides on the ship and at home.  Luckily my tshirts, shorts and jeans don't have to be on hangers.  Now if I could just get the ship laundry to stop ironing my jeans. 

Thank you for this. We leave in a few weeks for 15 nights. I have a different dress for every night and day. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TheSweetLife220 said:

Thank you for this. We leave in a few weeks for 15 nights. I have a different dress for every night and day. :classic_biggrin:

You will need more - I do. I always take a dozen or more plastic hangers. I can ask the steward, but these will be wire. But I usually go on cruises of 14-28 days, so we have quite a lot of clothes. Maybe if you are on a 7-day cruise you will not need more hangers.

Edited by Aus Traveller
  • Like 1

On 2/10/2019 at 8:18 AM, Clampram said:

I pack my "needs hanging up" items already on hangars and place them in  the plastic bags from the dry cleaners. This actually prevents wrinkling and you can just hang up those items right out of the suitcase. 

I do the exact same thing.  It makes unpacking so much easier too. 

If none missing from your closet, there should be about 25. So 12 for my husband and 13 for me not enough. We always ask the room steward for more and usually get wire hangers from him. I also pack my  evening clothes on hangers and put in Dry cleaners bags. Easy to pack and unpack.Still need more hangers than the ones supplied .We usually go on longer cruises.Sometimes we have to deal with both warm weather and cold so lots of clothes needed.

On 2/10/2019 at 7:01 PM, Colo Cruiser said:

That last night they all go on the floor! If you know what I mean!   :classic_biggrin:

Yup.  The banging will drive you nuts.  Especially when crossing the Gulf Stream.

• Haha 1