Sky Suites and Move Up

charlielinda

I wanted to check on the benefits of the Sky Suite — particularly — can you go to specialty restaurants in addition to Lumani?  Can you use the Persian Garden for free?   Does it include an internet package?  Do you get extra CC points?

At the moment my TA has 20+ Sky Suites and I’m wondering if I would try for a Move Up if I get an email.  

All thoughts are welcome.  

Unlimited speciality dining is for RS and PH. 

No suite, including PH, gets free access to Persian Gardens.

RS and PH get WiFi as part of their suite benefits, other suites only get it (and drinks packages) as a perk. You would need to check this with your TA. 

Unable to comment on CC points.

You will have access to Luminae, Michael’s Club, priority boarding, priority tendering, Concierge service.

Hope this helps..

If you win a bid, you will only earn the points and receive the perks associated with your original booking.

If you just upgrade and pay the current price you will receive the higher level points and perhaps the Best Perks.  (This will depend on the current offer).

Sorry, if I am stating the obvious, and you already knew this information.

We just got off a 21 day b2b and for us the Luminae restaurant was so good, we never even considered going to any of the specialty restaurants. But it all comes down to what the upcharge is. But, I thought Celebrity was implementing their new MoveUp program where you bid on an upgrade rather than waiting for the elusive email. One note: you need to be receiving X propaganda email to ensure you get the notification that bidding is now open for your applicable cruise. Here's a link describing it:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade

3 hours ago, rollie said:

If I don't get the perks and points that go along with the cabin, it doesn't seem worth the hassle of bidding up.

Rollie

What you do get with a successful Move-Up bid on a suite is Luminae, Michaels Club and a Butler plus priority embarkation tendering and debarkation.  

13 minutes ago, jelayne said:

What you do get with a successful Move-Up bid on a suite is Luminae, Michaels Club and a Butler plus priority embarkation tendering and debarkation.  

Not to mention you get a cabin bigger than a shoebox.

6 hours ago, rollie said:

If I don't get the perks and points that go along with the cabin, it doesn't seem worth the hassle of bidding up.

Rollie

Well, to me it was worth it when I booked at the last minute and all I could get was an inside.  I got to move to a balcony for a few hundred dollars.  Well worth it.  Points are virtually worthless to me, the gap between Elite+ and Zenith is more than I can navigate.

28 minutes ago, highfields said:

What is the usual time frame in days remaining to sail before your cruise is eligible for the move up bids?

We received our email to 'move up' 6 weeks before our cruise.  Not sure why they vary from cruise to cruise.

4 hours ago, mfs2k said:

Not to mention you get a cabin bigger than a shoebox.

The standard veranda cabins on the S class ships are relatively large.  We did not really use the extra space the one time we upgraded to a suite.  However, Luminae was well worth the cost of the upgrade.