Summit Revolution

Jim_Iain

There looks to be north of 20 tables at the bar. The tables under the overhang from the deck above are still covered. The canopy covered 6 tables from what I've seen online. The bar is still shaded as well. So there are still areas that are shaded. While the new canopy does allow light through it will provide partial shade. It won't protect you from rain though. I just don't think its as big of a deal as people are making it out to be. 

• Like 2

I for one have had skin cancer on my scalp. Just off Millennium and found the Retreat sundeck a real problem. No shade at all over the tables and very few ‘pods’ or covered beds. Ate lunch up there once with hat, scarf around neck and factor 50 but only stayed a very short time. Sat in a pod one day as well and thoroughly enjoyed that  but basically the area was almost out of bounds. Lots of people mentioned the lack of shade and I think they are rethinking for later refurbs at least over the table area

• Thanks 1

I feel for you.  My meds make my skin extremely sensitive to sun.  Glad to know I'm not only one who needs shade. Hopefully they will rethink lack of shade.  Because of this, we use balcony a lot, I sit in shade and hubby sits in sun.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Treacher1 said:

I was just wondering if anyone has pictures of the main staircase that had the yellow lights inside the steps.  I was wondering if they were updated or changed.  Perhaps there were pictures that I missed.

Thank you!

The only one I saw was in post #362 on page 15.  It looks like the yellow lights haven't changed but you can't tell from the picture if they did anything with the curtains around the staircase.

5 minutes ago, Fishkillbill said:

If the couch is smaller, what is the extra space used for? Also, if there is no more small table, what do people use to eat room service on?

VerandaStateroom_1553517866555-HR.jpg

DSCF1396.JPG

What category room is this?  Looks quite small.

11 minutes ago, Fishkillbill said:

It was Aqua class on Summit.

41 minutes ago, Ereggae said:

What category room is this?  Looks quite small.

Thank you so much.  Looks like there is a little more room at the foot of the bed compared to the old room.  Will see it in person very soon.  Was going to upgrade but since this is a port intensive cruise no need to waste the extra dollars on a suite.

3 minutes ago, Fishkillbill said:

What does that mean ? No sofa.

Concierge and Aqua Class are larger rooms than Verandas  on M Class ships and had a full sofa.

Edited by Oville

Like new shower door in bathroom.  Will miss rounded corners on desk, etc.  Though. Since I'm a klutz, may bring rubber baby corner protectors so won't bruise when I hit tabletops and overhead cabinet corners.  Don't laugh, but I have them on my kitchen cabinets.   

6 minutes ago, Fishkillbill said:

It was our first cruise on Summit, in 2016. Do you mean we paid for an Aqua class room and didn't get one?

Of course not.  In the old picture the sofa looked small, probably just the angle.  Sorry I asked.

Great to see all the pics it looks like the changes on the Summit have mirrored those on the Millennium as expected. Can't wait to see an S Class ship done think first up the Equinox in June, we'll be on her in September

Looks like we will be cancelling our July 2020 Bermuda cruise.  The lack if shaded areas in the Retreat is a deal breaker.  We booked 6146 thinking the balcony was partially covered and now we are not sure since it appears that there is no shade at all.