Summit Revolution

Jim_Iain

1 hour ago, hurwitz5 said:

Going on the Summit in June.  Sailing in an inside cabin.  Most people on this board seem to be in some sort of Suite.  Most passengers are in balcony, ocean view or inside cabin.  How about photos for the majority of cruise passengers?  This is our 20th cruise on Celebrity and 40th Cruise overall - 90% of the time in an inside cabin. 

That's what I was thinking too.

• Like 3

I am thrilled with the updates, because imo, the rooms(and soft goods) were looking rather shabby.  We cruised on the Summit in an oceanview last October, and I said no more until the M class is updated.   It was the same experience on the Infinity in December which I had booked previous to the October cruise.  In between both cruises we sailed on Holland America in November and what a contrast.  The room and soft goods were beautiful.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FlorenceItaly said:

We cruised on the Summit in an oceanview last October, and I said no more until the M class is updated.   It was the same experience on the Infinity in December which I had booked previous to the October cruise.  In between both cruises we sailed on Holland America in November and what a contrast.  The room and soft goods were beautiful.

I would love to compare notes.

6 minutes ago, Quo Vadis? said:

I would love to compare notes.

Sure feel free to email me....fastwalker1  @   charter.net   (no spaces)   We loved the evening entertainment on Holland, BB Kings was fabulous.  The piano bar was always well attended too....

Sorry for thread jack!

1 hour ago, hurwitz5 said:

Going on the Summit in June.  Sailing in an inside cabin.  Most people on this board seem to be in some sort of Suite.  Most passengers are in balcony, ocean view or inside cabin.  How about photos for the majority of cruise passengers?  This is our 20th cruise on Celebrity and 40th Cruise overall - 90% of the time in an inside cabin. 

I'd like to see more of those photos too.  We're always oceanview or balcony.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hurwitz5 said:

I think we will start seeing the other cabins shortly.   We have a lot of cc sailing on her in the next couple weeks.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DCT61 said:

Regarding the Penthouse photos...

I had to laugh at the seating disparity at the balcony dining table. 3 dine in comfort while 3 are relegated to milk crates.

There must have been a sale on fake cactus plants. I counted 19 in this suite alone.

The bathroom is beautiful.

I agree with your comment about the chairs - those milk crates are a miss.  It also shows that whoever picked the furniture never sailed in the cabin, because the round table was very easy to move into the sun and out - all of the furniture was (I am the main dragger).    The balcony needs two more loungers (it looks like the cabin on the other side has them near the whirlpool) and I would get rid of the two armless chairs for the deep cushioned chairs with arms that are in the Royal Suite. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, jcpc said:

Summit Penthouse pictures.  I know some were concerned about potential loss of closet/storage space, but I think there's still plenty of storage in the PH.  Some of the furniture, in my opinion, is a "hit" .... some a "miss".

PH 25.jpg

PH 24.jpg

PH 23.jpg

PH 22.jpg

PH 21.jpg

PH 20.jpg

PH 19.jpg

PH 18.jpg

PH 17.jpg

PH 16.jpg

PH 15.jpg

PH 14.jpg

PH 13.jpg

PH 12.jpg

PH 11.jpg

PH 10.jpg

PH 9.jpg

PH 8.jpg

PH 7.jpg

PH 6.jpg

PH 5.jpg

PH 4.jpg

PH 3.jpg

PH 2.jpg

PH 1.jpg

I sure hope that chair in the living room by the TV is more comfortable than it looks.  Though the style of furnishings is not my taste at home, I'm looking forward to spending the week in a fresh new suite!  Is anyone concerned about how these light colored furnishings will hold up over time with all the use & abuse?  Stains & soil would be my concern with so much light colored upholstery & light carpet.  

Just boarded the Summit, here's some pics of the veranda balcony room. Plus some other pics around the ship I got so far.  I love all the soft new clean carpet, smells like a new ship! 

20190325_125057.jpg

20190325_125334.jpg

20190325_125326.jpg

20190325_125114.jpg

20190325_125156.jpg

20190325_125233.jpg

20190325_125124.jpg

20190325_124925.jpg

20190325_120809.jpg

20190325_120620.jpg

20190325_115200.jpg

20190325_115207.jpg

20190325_124947.jpg

15535345015423678687383435951890.jpg

15535345295027431211252796674517.jpg

1553534545874841341328576496134.jpg

Edited by deb1eric
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, exbrit1941 said:

Does anyone have any idea about placement of electrical outlets in the inside cabins.Was unable to see any in the photo.Thank you 

There's charging outlets on the desk and night stand

1553534293653179646841222585180.jpg

15535343416892793700463973913849.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Deb1eric

Thanks so much for your post,  we have a reg balc cabin ...love the decor!

Other spaces look great too   Not sure if we'll switch into AQ...we are waiting for reviews of MDR and BLU.  

Enjoy your cruise!

5 hours ago, DCT61 said:

Regarding the Penthouse photos...

Have fun using that sink and microwave in the butlers pantry. conflict issues. A counter-depth fridge would have helped.

I had to laugh at the seating disparity at the balcony dining table. 3 dine in comfort while 3 are relegated to milk crates.

There must have been a sale on fake cactus plants. I counted 19 in this suite alone.

The bathroom is beautiful.

Those plants are succulents and are real. They are all over the suites and Retreat on the Edge. The problem is that they need a lot of light and most are placed where they shouldn’t be and subsequently end up dying.

Here are direct links to the X press videos of the Summit on youtube (they are currently unlisted):

Celebrity Summit Accommodations B-Roll

Celebrity Summit Dining B-Roll

Celebrity Summit The Retreat B-Roll

Celebrity Summit Retail B-Roll

Celebrity Summit Spa B-Roll

• Thanks 3

I really like the updates. The Summit looks really nice. Hopefully, they carry a similar vibe over to the S class. I've always thought the public spaces and the cabins have a major disconnect design-wise. Although some people liked the heavy colors and dark wood, the M class cabins were really starting to look like an early 90's hotel. 

• Like 4

Many thanks to all the folks who have been posting photos and videos, and to Jim for this thread. 

We are booked on the Summit in September, and are looking forward to the "new" decor.  (Our only other M-class experience was on the Infinity in 2013, and she really needed a refresh back then!  🤣 )    As I said in an earlier comment, I do like the new color palette, it's very elegant and (as someone else said) serene.   I have a concern, though, about loss of functionality and surface/storage space (e.g., fewer drawers in the veranda cabins, swapping out a sofa for a sort of big chair, no coffee table), and am looking forward to what folks have to say after actual sailings. 

• Like 1