Summit Revolution

Jim_Iain

2 hours ago, tce40 said:

I'm sailing on the 30th and I plan to pick up fresh dailies to photograph and as many menus as I can get my hands on.  I'll also be taking pictures as well but I probably won't post anything until I return.  I can't wait!  🙂

Thanks so much! I have plenty of time. Not cruising on Summit until February 2020, but still very excited!! Have a GREAT cruise!

On 3/19/2019 at 9:30 AM, warmwinds said:

I've noticed more and more hotel rooms doing away with the decorative pillows - a great change (and those useless runner things at the ends of the beds).  Last thing you want on a ship where the cabins are so small, so no place to toss them, plus they are not cleaned very often so I don't even like to touch them since who knows how many people have done what to them. 

I thought those runner tings were for when luggage arrived and they put the away after embarkation. Am I remembering something else?

11 hours ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

The Debbie Downers have returned again.

Repeating my request to ask those who are only complaining to open your own thread.  Please

The best way to get away from the handful of haters who get enjoyment about bashing everything as spit vitriol is to hover over their name or picture and select Ignore User.  Bam... their gone from your feed.    I currently have 7 on my list and it makes is so much nicer.  

Don' t get me wrong.   I don't mind negative comments but when a user is not adding anything but hate and anger I have no patience for them.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Anyone have an idea when the Summit departs the Bahamas and if she makes an intermediate stop along the way to San Juan? 

See her Monday! 

Cheers! 

Ken

Ken -   I believe she has already set sail as part of her post dry dock sea trial.    Cruise mate shows her at seat traveling at 18.1 knots and scheduled for San Juan at 05:00 on March 22.

d195f88bc13e251c7bbc8b24da34d156.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wiltonian said:

On Cunard, they supply a special robust and waterproof cover laid out ready for your arrival in the cabin. Much more effective! 

Stuart

However, that is only used on embarkation day.  The rest of your journey, you may find you come in and want to flop on the bed with your shoes still on.  The runner will protect the sheets and keep them clean.  You may also come in with a backpack or purse and without thinking throw them onto the bed only to realize they'd been sitting on the floor of a tour bus, or city sidewalk with all the gunk those places can attract.  The runner helps protect from that as well.  Additionally, in the hospitality industry runners have become the norm as decorative bedspreads have largely been done away with.  White bedding is the standard as it's easier to bleach and also easier to spot dirt/potential bedbugs, etc... Rooms can appear sterile with minimalist bedding all in white so a decorative yet functional runner also adds personality to the bed/room.  

• Like 4

Wow, that's a beautiful suite!  I don't mind the gray but do think it could use some more pops of color, like turquoise blue to remind you of the ocean.  I'm not getting the coral sitting on the couch. :classic_smile:  Can't wait to see what the regular balcony cabins look like now.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, jchipgcs said:

Posted by a crew member.  A suite of some sort but I'm not sure which.  Maybe Royal or Penthouse?

54278567_2258697887731457_2185634588359917568_n.jpg

54358731_2258697767731469_2120249582498611200_n.jpg

54379900_2258697934398119_21538084168400896_n.jpg

54430422_2258697807731465_6609603189895331840_n.jpg

54516789_2258697824398130_4739517812958035968_n.jpg

54520405_2258697857731460_9142343531740790784_n.jpg

54521278_2258697907731455_6558784484014030848_n.jpg

55545302_2258697691064810_3454445924204412928_n.jpg

I know a lot of people will like this new style/decor; but I am actually saddened.  

We loved the warmth of the PH and this seems to “cool” and reminds me a lot of my work office environment.  

It is less romantic and seems quite business-like.

My own personal humble honest opinion and I do respect other opinions that differ from my own. 

H.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, CruisinCrow said:

Wow, that's a beautiful suite!  I don't mind the gray but do think it could use some more pops of color, like turquoise blue to remind you of the ocean.  I'm not getting the coral sitting on the couch. :classic_smile:  Can't wait to see what the regular balcony cabins look like now.

Stuff on couch likely waiting for arrival of a coffee table perhaps? Or to be placed somewhere in the suite on a shelf?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hvbaskey said:

I know a lot of people will like this new style/decor; but I am actually saddened.  

We loved the warmth of the PH and this seems to “cool” and reminds me a lot of my work office environment.  

It is less romantic and seems quite business-like.

My own personal humble honest opinion and I do respect other opinions that differ from my own. 

H.

Agree, it needs some warmer colors. 

Gray seems to be the color of the moment.  We're remodeling our bathroom and everything seems to have gone gray!  I went with it because I want things to look up-to-date but I know I'll need to mix in some warm colors or it will look sterile.

33 minutes ago, CruisinCrow said:

When we were on the Edge we felt the color scheme was very nice in the rooms. It felt different in the room than what you would have thought by looking at the pictures. If I had a word it might be calming/relaxing, which is great for a stateroom:)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We just came off the February 17 Millennium cruise in Asia (post Revolution). Those of you who have not sailed with the changes yet and think there's no storage...it just isn't true. We sailed for 14 days and had empty drawers. They did cut down on the amount of hanging space but there is more than enough drawers and shelves for clothing.....not to mention plenty of additional shelving space in the bathroom.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, STLCRUISIN said:

We just came off the February 17 Millennium cruise in Asia (post Revolution). Those of you who have not sailed with the changes yet and think there's no storage...it just isn't true. We sailed for 14 days and had empty drawers. They did cut down on the amount of hanging space but there is more than enough drawers and shelves for clothing.....not to mention plenty of additional shelving space in the bathroom.

Thanks for the helpful information! It’s always different in person. Would you mind letting us know which cabin type you had? Thanks🙂

3 hours ago, CruisinCrow said:

I'll be on the first sailing this Mon.  I'll post some pics of our regular balcony and pics around the ship before sail away.  This is our first Celebrity cruise so everything will be new to us 😊.  We normally sail Royal, Carnival and NCL 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, deb1eric said:

I'll be on the first sailing this Mon.  I'll post some pics of our regular balcony and pics around the ship before sail away.  This is our first Celebrity cruise so everything will be new to us 😊.  We normally sail Royal, Carnival and NCL 

Thanks for the promised photo uploads.   I"m sure we will all be anxiously awaiting them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, STLCRUISIN said:

I can’t speak to the Millenium, but what we found on the Edge was ridiculous amounts of storage after reading about similar concerns. The inside room we had, I would say we were lucky if we used 50 percent of the storage space, it was great. The storage space was thoughtful down to having a plug by the nightstand to plug my CPAP into. It sounds like they are getting it right Fleet wide. We are thinking about branching out to other Celebrity ships after the Apex, the post revolution sounds promising:)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1