Summit Revolution

Jim_Iain

10 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Many thanks to all the folks who have been posting photos and videos, and to Jim for this thread. 

We are booked on the Summit in September, and are looking forward to the "new" decor.  (Our only other M-class experience was on the Infinity in 2013, and she really needed a refresh back then!  🤣 )    As I said in an earlier comment, I do like the new color palette, it's very elegant and (as someone else said) serene.   I have a concern, though, about loss of functionality and surface/storage space (e.g., fewer drawers in the veranda cabins, swapping out a sofa for a sort of big chair, no coffee table), and am looking forward to what folks have to say after actual sailings. 

I'm sitting in the comfy chair as I'm writing this!  I like it a lot, yes only one can sit in at a time but I can curl up on it and look out the balcony.  I wouldn't normally do that in cabin furniture but this it's brand new right now 😉

15535459467124943198787333942416.jpg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, deb1eric said:

I'm sitting in the comfy chair as I'm writing this!  I like it a lot, yes only one can sit in at a time but I can curl up on it and look out the balcony.  I wouldn't normally do that in cabin furniture but this it's brand new right now 😉

Thanks for all the photos (and the "chair review" 🙂 ).  When you have the time and inclination, I'd certainly appreciate your thoughts on the storage (closet space, drawers, etc.), and I'm sure others would as well.  Thanks and enjoy your cruise! 

32 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Thanks for all the photos (and the "chair review" 🙂 ).  When you have the time and inclination, I'd certainly appreciate your thoughts on the storage (closet space, drawers, etc.), and I'm sure others would as well.  Thanks and enjoy your cruise! 

I think there's plenty of storage, I like all the shelves and drawers.  I think it's better than Carnival or Ncl storage. 

15535484908993983931955639605612.jpg

15535485318293163593728586080630.jpg

15535485318293163593728586080630.jpg

15535486079142435573095784256587.jpg

1553548791257570695756064074733.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, deb1eric said:

I think there's plenty of storage, I like all the shelves and drawers.  I think it's better than Carnival or Ncl storage.

Thanks so much for your comments and those great photos, much appreciated!   Have a wonderful cruise!

Thanks for more pics...How easy has it been to upload and post them?

Some areas like Cafe Baccio seem unchanged other than carpet,  and  new chairs. Decor in  other areas seemd very new and refreshed.

How is the general lighting in the public areas? It  used to feel very dark in some spots.

Is there very much neon looking lighting?  We think it was overdone on EDGE...but did look nice out on the pool deck at night.  .

If you get to any Specialty dining..we would love to see pics and hear about the experience...

Thanks again!

53 minutes ago, deb1eric said:

Thanks for the pix.  Just curious, what kind of cabin is this, a regular Veranda or Concierge/AQ?  Thank you.

13 minutes ago, hcat said:

Thanks for more pics...How easy has it been to upload and post them?

Some areas like Cafe Baccio seem unchanged other than carpet,  and  new chairs. Decor in  other areas seemd very new and refreshed.

How is the general lighting in the public areas? It  used to feel very dark in some spots.

Is there very much neon looking lighting?  We think it was overdone on EDGE...but did look nice out on the pool deck at night.  .

If you get to any Specialty dining..we would love to see pics and hear about the experience...

Thanks again!

This is our first Celebrity cruise so it's all new to me, I haven't seen the whole ship yet.  Lighting seems to be nice.  I haven't seen any neon lights yet.  We are heading to Tuscan tonight, I'll take pics and post before sail away at 8:30

• Like 2

In June, we have booked Tuscan for the first evening.  Last October we had a wonderful experience.  The Maitre D was Bekir.  Perhaps he is still there.  If so, if given a chance, will you please ask if he will be there for the June 16 sailing.  If you don't have the opportunity, no problem.    Have a wonderful evening.  Thanks again!

Thanks for all the pics.  Are the walls still metal so you can use magnets?  Also, can someone confirm that there are electrical plugs in both lamp bases.  This would be great so I can use my CPAP machine without stringing a wire across the room!

Thank you so much for posting the pictures and videos everyone!  We will be in a CS over Christmas week (did the same dates last year) and are SO excited to see the changes up close!  I have a question for anyone sailing now - did they do anything to the sports deck?  Or did that stay relatively the same?  

3 hours ago, deb1eric said:

1553548791257570695756064074733.jpg

Seems to me like the hanging space is not long enough as all your clothes are dragging on the bottom. This was also a  complaint in one of the suites I toured on the EDGE.  (Sorry forgot which suite it was.)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, deb1eric said:

More pics around the ship.  My husband and and I are loving the ship, we normally cruise Carnival and Ncl but I think we need to start cruising Celebrity.  What a difference and it's only day 1.  

20190325_151838.jpg

The insanity of replacing the canopy with bacon strips absolutely boggles my mind.  Why on earth would you eliminate so much shade in such a popular area? 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, D C said:

The insanity of replacing the canopy with bacon strips absolutely boggles my mind.  Why on earth would you eliminate so much shade in such a popular area? 

Well I love bacon, but also I love this new design. It doesn't really look like bacon. The only way to get bacon this color would be to over cook it to the extreme, and then you would just be eating glass. Who wants to eat glass? I think the new sunset bar looks great, and the b-roll footage is great.

Dc .I so agree with you.  Taking away shade is ridiculous. Did you also notice hardly any shade in retreat ?

Same thing onEdge. Made expensive cabanas that are hardly used, taking away shade from most passengers.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, reecesavage said:

Well I love bacon, but also I love this new design. It doesn't really look like bacon. The only way to get bacon this color would be to over cook it to the extreme, and then you would just be eating glass. Who wants to eat glass? I think the new sunset bar looks great, and the b-roll footage is great.

It may LOOK great, but they've reduced the shade (and shelter from the occasional rain) by 80%.  

The odds of me sitting in the hot sun and saying "well... at least it looks nice..." is absolutely nil. 

If I want sun, I'll go to the pool deck.  I never sit on the pool deck. 

Edited by D C
  • Like 2