! LIVE! from Adventure of the Seas, February 16, 2019 - 8 nights

ckrobyn

18 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Robyn, here’s a deal on a solo cruise in December.  No single supplement 

From what I saw it did need to be booked in US$

Thanks for letting me know! I’m already booked on Indy for November 😀 Plus... I’m not a huge fan of Oasis Class...my last 2 cruises were on Oasis and being back on Adventure has reminded me how much I prefer the smaller ships.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lorey2007 said:

Enjoying your review. Have you been to St. Kitts before and taken the railroad excursion? I'd be interested in opinions. 

I’ve most definitely been to St.Kitts, however the only excursion I’ve done is to the beach! Maybe someone else can chime in..

7 hours ago, ckrobyn said:

Adventure is my most sailed ship. I will guess this is my 18th time on her? (I’m not sure how to access my signature, so I can’t be 100%, but I’m close!) So... I remember the old days! My first cruise on Adventure was in 2006, so there have been many changes. Overall, I do like the look of her now. Seems more modern and updated - in keeping with newer, shinier ships. The decor in the staterooms is much better since the green furniture is gone! That said, she still retains her charm and the crew are amazing 😃

Turn your phone sideways to access signature. Make sure you dont have a dialogue box open

Screenshot_20190221-143240_Chrome.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa

Back in my cabin now - the clouds chased this sun lover inside 😎

So a couple of things; I’ve already mentioned that my ship preference is not Oasis class, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t plenty to do onboard Voyager or Freedom class. I guess it just depends what you enjoy. I’m pretty low key (and risk averse) so I don’t miss a zip line. I know there is a Flowrider somewhere on this ship, and I plan to go watch sometime over the next few days.

The 70’s disco party is tonight and we are probably having dinner in the MDR again. Last nights dinner was excellent and we had a singing waiter 😀 I uploaded a video to Instagram if you’d like to follow me @ckrobyn

On 2/19/2019 at 8:13 PM, ckrobyn said:

I’m here!

Just about to post dinner photos from

Giovanni’s. We watched sailaway from there, and passed very close to the Fort, however it was not lit up....

9A379A22-7438-4949-8344-C5FE254CDB76.jpeg

C37615A4-E193-413F-9826-2FC965D44C46.jpeg

E54974BB-CF10-4CD2-B7C2-B9825B09B7C7.jpeg

Nice pictures of the appetizers. Where is the main course?

On 2/15/2019 at 9:09 AM, ckrobyn said:

Most of you know that Adventure is one of my favourite ships. As you can see from my signature, I’ve enjoyed many cruises onboard and I can’t wait see her again, which happens in less than 24 hours!

If you’ve followed my past LIVE reports, you know that I’m pretty dedicated to the cause, so I post a lot, all the time. Having said that, I’m hoping this LIVE will be a little different. There was a LIVE from Adventure a few weeks ago, and while it was started by one person, there were many frequent posters who were also onboard, and they were also posting and answering questions quite regularly.

I’m sure you all know Clarea (Bob), our moderator extraordinaire - he’s onboard this cruise too emoji3.png I am looking very forward to meeting him tomorrow at our informal CC meet up at the Pool Bar. Missing from this cruise is Ocean Boy, he sailed a few weeks ago. Although he isn’t on the ship with us, he will be posting often and will ensure I know where I am at all times as he is my personal GPS whenever I sail..

I am currently in Fort Lauderdale and very happy to report that the weather is perfectly sunny, with no rain expected for the next few days. Sail away should be under sunny skies with temps in the 80’s.

I left Toronto yesterday and it was freezing cold with a lot of snow on the ground and in the forecast.

Please feel free to ask as many questions as you like, I’m pretty sure I’ll have lots of help answering them. Let’s make this a group LIVE - the more the merrier!

The frozen tundra

I see coastline!

#Starbucksfail

Sunny Fort Lauderdale emoji41.png

1026afb0ce73d054207e039e726317a8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if this was asked but what hotel did you stay in while in Fort Lauderdale? 

22 hours ago, ckrobyn said:

Yes, that’s where it’s from. I also have to give 2 thumbs up for the food selection at Cafe Promenade, they have really upped their game with a daily selection of antipasto and assorted sandwiches. 

That is welcome news. When we were on Liberty, Cafe Promenade was rather disappointing.

17 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

Where's the rest of your meal? We plan to eat all our meals in the MDR so I am always interested in reviews and pictures of the MDR food. Loving your review, thank you for taking the time to do it. By the way, your picture is adorkable😊

Guilty as charged on this one. I neglected to photograph my main course which was the beef short ribs and it was fantastic 😀

5 minutes ago, clean1owner said:

That is welcome news. When we were on Liberty, Cafe Promenade was rather disappointing.

I have found the food to be very good to excellent on this cruise. A pleasant surprise 👍🏻

Robyn - you spend a lot of time on the pool deck. Do you have a favorite bartender there, or anywhere else for that matter? We spend a lot of time on the pool deck (actually the deck above) as well and I always try to find a good bartender either at the Pool Bar or the Sky Bar.