! LIVE! from Adventure of the Seas, February 16, 2019 - 8 nights

ckrobyn

18 hours ago, ckrobyn said:

Absolutely incredible moonlit sky tonight... the beauty of the open sea takes my breath away...

All photos on deck 4, the last is from the helipad.

55300E1B-9358-4A03-A2DB-534D2D891329.jpeg

How many stairs to get to the helipad?

Any elevator access?

Would love to be on the helipad for sail away, but Mom is in a wheelchair.

Edited by clean1owner

2 minutes ago, ckrobyn said:

I have found the food to be very good to excellent on this cruise. A pleasant surprise 👍🏻

We were on Adventure last March and were somewhat disappointed with the dining experience (food and service) in the MDR. The food in the Windjammer was not what we had come to expect from RCI either. We'll back on Adventure in 2 1/2 weeks and we thought we'd try the Windjammer once or twice for dinner. Have you tried the Windjammer for dinner? How has the variety and quality been there at lunch time?

5 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

We were on Adventure last March and were somewhat disappointed with the dining experience (food and service) in the MDR. The food in the Windjammer was not what we had come to expect from RCI either. We'll back on Adventure in 2 1/2 weeks and we thought we'd try the Windjammer once or twice for dinner. Have you tried the Windjammer for dinner? How has the variety and quality been there at lunch time?

We had dinner in the WJ once this cruise and plan to again on the last night. The evening we were there was the Mongolian Grill and it was delicious. The breakfast is always good in my opinion, and the lunches have been good/very good. I sailed on Adventure in November 2017 and there has been a huge improvement in both variety and quality.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Bob, did you have a good day yesterday?  Did you make it to the beach?

No, we did not ake the beach yesterday.  However, we did spend a few hours at Carambola in St. Kitts today.  Beautiful, very nice facility.

• Like 3

In case anyone is interested, I am going to try

an instagram live tonight during the 70’s show on the Promenade 🎉🎉 9:15pm your time! Hopefully the connection is good 🤞

Edited by ckrobyn

4 hours ago, Lorey2007 said:

Enjoying your review. Have you been to St. Kitts before and taken the railroad excursion? I'd be interested in opinions. 

I did the rail road on one of our trips to St. Kitts. It is rather unique and fun but I would not do it on a first trip to the island as you mostly see back country and miss out on the highlights of the island. It also will not give you an opportunity to experience the Brimstone Fortress. I would also say that I think it is overpriced for what you get and I would not do it a second time. I am, however, glad I did it once.

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

I think we saw them at Frigate Bay.  We saw at least two tender trips, using one of the ship's lifeboats.

Hmmm, haven't heard from you since you asked about the land masses last night. I was worried that you decided to swim out to one of them.

1 hour ago, clean1owner said:

Any elevator access?

1 hour ago, ckrobyn said:

Hmmmm, I’d say about 30? Totally worth it though 😁

If you go into the Imperial Lounge on deck five, the Royal Promenade, go to the right and you will see a set of double doors. Go out and this will lead you to the bow. This way you don't have to do the long stair climb from deck 4. However, once you get out to the bow you will still need to do about 6-8 steps to get onto the helipad.

Yes, totally worth it.

2 minutes ago, ckrobyn said:

Here I am 😁

08BC195E-3A13-4D73-A3A7-A04C0FA2B356.jpeg

You already went by St. Eustatius on the starboard side of the ship. Saba is coming up on the port side. Regal Princess is ahead of you coming out of St. Maarten. It and Adventure will probably be in fairly close proximity all the way back to Ft. Lauderdale. No other cruise ships appear to be nearby.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ckrobyn said:

We had dinner in the WJ once this cruise and plan to again on the last night. The evening we were there was the Mongolian Grill and it was delicious. The breakfast is always good in my opinion, and the lunches have been good/very good. I sailed on Adventure in November 2017 and there has been a huge improvement in both variety and quality.

This is good news as DH and DD are not fans of sitting around in the MDR waiting for the next course.

2 hours ago, clean1owner said:

Any elevator access?

Sometimes the helipad is not that great for sailaway, it can be really windy out there when leaving port. If cruising into a head wind that is one place you do not want to be.

6 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

This is good news as DH and DD are not fans of sitting around in the MDR waiting for the next course.

We have not had dinner in the MDR for quite a few cruises now. We had every dinner in the Windjammer 4 weeks ago on Adventure.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

If we were there that’s what we’d be doing!  Or maybe they are putting on a clean shirt for dinner.

I'd be looking at Saba and worrying about dinner later. But everyone already knows that my priories are somewhat different. Passing an island in the dark and seeing all the lights is a major rush for me.

18 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I assume no one is playing with me because you are all outside looking at Saba????

We just went through a huge downpour, so no, I am not outside. I had a 7pm appointment at the Next Cruise desk 😀

17 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

We have not had dinner in the MDR for quite a few cruises now. We had every dinner in the Windjammer 4 weeks ago on Adventure.

Wow, I didn’t realize you never ate in the MDR on your cruise... did you do any of the specialty restaurants?