Live from Oasis - February 17, 2019. 199 things I look forward to on a cruise.

John&LaLa

1 hour ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Yeah.  The 3 rounds of lobster last March on Oasis that we had were quite tasty actually. :classic_smile:

Seems some folks never showed up in the dining room that night, and others ordered something else...which was just fine for us. :classic_biggrin:

Everyone we had with us loved the oatmeal & raisin cookies.

The biggest surprise was Sorrentos pizza. Previously, we tried it and found it to be like the kind you buy in a box in the grocery store freezer - tasted like cardboard with paper mache.  This time around...virtually everyone was going back for seconds (or maybe even thirds). We tried Sorrentos again in December on Ovation, and again found it to be great.  Seems Royal has gotten things right now for that venue. 👍

Looks like you're enjoying your cruise John...except for the added chocolate chip cookie ingredients... :classic_sad:

Cats is only worth seeing after the intermission in our opinion...the second part...there's a reason why seating is good then...plenty of folks leave after the first half.

Truthfully, I used to prefer Act 1. It seems to go faster. But the whole thing is good.  I'll go through the whole production early next week.

To hard to put it together on a phone. 

Pizza has been relatively good

• Like 1

Morning has broken. Looks like a gorgeous  day. Doubt I'll get a window seat in CK. 😉 Pre Packing after breakfast, lunch in MDR, Laura going with me to CATS at 2:30. She needs an afternoon nap. 😉

20190223_075453.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

I was just thinking...to help...staring at some Cats pix might just get everyone in the "mood" (nap). 😨:classic_laugh:

032418 Caribbean Cruise_Cruise Day 1H.jpg

032418 Caribbean Cruise_Cruise Day 1I.jpg

032418 Caribbean Cruise_Cruise Day 1G.jpg

Saw Cats years ago on Broadway and loved it. Would prefer seeing it but we will be on Symphony so Hairspray it is for us! I am surprised that so many people seem not to like the production. Is it so much different from the original musical?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blueridgemama said:

Saw Cats years ago on Broadway and loved it. Would prefer seeing it but we will be on Symphony so Hairspray it is for us! I am surprised that so many people seem not to like the production. Is it so much different from the original musical?

Saw the Broadway version years ago as well.

The onboard version is OK...but the first half seems to drag on...which is why you'll see many people leave at intermission. The 2nd half has the more well-known songs anyway...so even a Cruise Director once commented "finding a seat to see Cats is easy...just show up for the second half." He spoke the truth.

In the meantime...I'm sure John & Laura are approaching that point in their Oasis cruise where you start thinking..."Oh crap, we're going to be home soon and the cruise will be over". Glad they had a good time.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

In the meantime...I'm sure John & Laura are approaching that point in their Oasis cruise where you start thinking..."Oh crap, we're going to be home soon and the cruise will be over". Glad they had a good time.

And will he make it up to 199 points. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Thanks 1

Absolutely identical. That's why it is long. It is very well performed in my opinion.

At the meet and greet now. Front and center

20190223_102013.jpg

• Like 2

No it’s very close to the original. It’s just long and somewhat plotless and people have seen enough lithe kitties singing and dancing after a point, no matter how well done.  It’s truly an excellent performance.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

No it’s very close to the original. It’s just long and somewhat plotless and people have seen enough lithe kitties singing and dancing after a point, no matter how well done.  It’s truly an excellent performance.

h1FB8B67A

Nap-definitely.jpg

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

This will be our first cruise on a ship that has actual Broadway shows so I am very excited. I just can't believe people would walk out of Cats. Would never happen on Broadway especially after paying premium$$$

• Like 3

1 minute ago, blueridgemama said:

This will be our first cruise on a ship that has actual Broadway shows so I am very excited. I just can't believe people would walk out of Cats. Would never happen on Broadway especially after paying premium$$$

Understand your point...but you'll see people leaving in droves at intermission and many of them not return.

If the script and 2 sections were reversed...you might not see that...but that's the way it's written.

Still...all kidding aside...enjoyed it for the most part (other than the length).

• Like 1

Meet and greet was nice. I asked 3 questions. 😁

5 cast members participated. Busy day with 3 Aqua shows scheduled, CATS matinee, and 2 comedy shows in Opal Theater.

Pic below from left to right

Synchronized swimmer and team captain from Oasis of Dreams, Acrobat from Oasis of Dreams and Come Fly with Me, Little Mermaid from Frozen in Time, Skimbleshanks from CATS, Victoria from Cats.

The couple on left are married. 

Probably why his head is down. 😉

Just kidding. 

20190223_110905.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

#74 Top Tier party in the Aqua Theater.

Unfortunately,  due to the maintenance issue, something about cloudy water, it was held yesterday in Studio B.  Began at 4:45, so not very well attended. 

Here are the top tier numbers

Diamond 353

Diamond plus 151

Pinnacle 29

Top 3 cruisers

Drinks thrown out - 600+

Second CD sighting 

Wow...those are lower numbers now.  The last couple we have been on had 60 + Pinnies on them, with much more D+ than that also.  Not sure what tomorrow's numbers are.  Will be interesting to see if lower also.  

15 hours ago, Yvonne said:

I am enjoying reading this, we are at Homewood Suites and have a great view of the ships in port.  Can’t wait to look out our window Sunday morning as then it will be our turn to board Oasis!  Yay!  🍷🍺

"Sea" you on board.  🙂 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, blueridgemama said:

That's a lot of perfectly good alcoholic drinks to be wasted!  They should offer it to us peons who don't get to go to events with free drinks😊

Symphony is inviting Gold members to the top tier parties.  Not gold card holders, Gold members of C&A.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I'll ask

15 according to Lyli

Thanks!  Only 15??!!  Wow...must be something about this time of the year?  I know George and his wife are back on again next week.  If you get the chance, tell them Pat and Bucky said hello and see them tomorrow. 🙂 

Edited by island lady